Dansby - maybe we get this guy too

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Xman, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Xman

Xman Veteran

No position for Dansby?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2587553

According to the article, Karlos Dansby is on the outside looking in. Since he was hurt, and didn't participate in offseason meetings, he has been replaced and is now a reserve.

This guy could step right in and be a key contributor for us. Maybe we could get him for Babin? (or a 4th round pick and a player, or Hodgdon, etc.)

Thoughts?

2. real

real Guest

Would be a great pick-up...but I'd rather not give up Babin...I'd rather get rid of Greenwood and a 6th...or maybe just give up a fourth...

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Trading Greenwood is ridiculous and won't happen for a number of reasons:
    1. The article states that Arizona already has a LB corp they like
    2. The cap hit for Greenwood would be huge
    3. Greenwood's contract is awful. No NFL team would want to take that over
    4. We are already VERY shallow at OLB, we can't afford to lose one
    5. He actually played pretty well during the preseason, especially as a blitzer

IMO we would have to give up a draft pick, and probably a 3rd or better (since he had a good year last year and was a 2nd round pick the year before)

4. Xman

Xman Veteran

I would loike to get him cheap, but AZ will want someting good because he was "going to be a fixture" on their team before his injuries (underwent surgeries to repair ligament damage to his right pinkie finger and left thumb, missed time with a strained hamstring, and subsequently suffered a toe injury on his left foot. That injury did not require surgery, but the extensive treatment kept Dansby off the field for all of camp.)

I think he is worth a decent draft pick and a player.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 72 | Key
    Alert: None

Comment:
    He is an instinctive and natural player and plays with both speed and explosiveness. He does an excellent job in space, has a knack for slipping blocks and making plays on the move and is an excellent tackler. He has speed to the outside and range to the edge, and really shows a burst to close. He is a good athlete, and also does an excellent job in his coverage skills in the passing game. He has good hips and change of direction skills, and is a smooth athlete with surprisingly good instincts for a young player. Although he has excellent overall power, and he is not afraid to mix it up, he is not as effective when stepping up and filling vs. the inside run, and needs to improve his ability to stack, shed at the point of attack and get off blocks.

5. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I wouldn't let Babin go, he's contributing on our team right now. I'd trade a 4th rd pick and a player who doesn't contribute to our team, so I doubt that the Cardinals would be willing to make that trade. I'm sure that they will just keep him as a capable back up and to rotate into the game to keep fresh line backers. :twocents:

6. real

real Guest

ha ha...did you really have to make a list ? ha.....

7. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

i really like him. i (for some reason) kept up with him last season and he seemed to be a very good player. If we could get him in the mix i think that would be a VERY postitive pick-up. 3rd or lower draft pick and i would squeeze the trigger. and...as an added bonus, he's the only other AZ defender i can name besides Antrell Rolle.

8. real

real Guest

I think they will definitely trade him if he is delegated to the bench...thats an exspensive back-up...

9. Xman

Xman Veteran

sounds like the offer is . . . . a 3rd and Hodgdon?

10. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

if thats would be the card's the asking price...where does Smith sign??

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

lol sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as rude or anything. I'm still so frustrated at how much guaranteed $$$ so many unproven players were given on this team, that now its impossible to unload them anywhere else.

12. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I don't think we can afford to let go our 1 capable backup center. Flannagan is pretty old, and Hogdon did show signs of progress last year

13. real

real Guest

It's all good...i feel your pain brutha...

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I wouldn't give up Babin. I think Babin needs to get on the field more. Last game he was the only guy that got anywhere close to Mcnabb.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Maybe we could give up a 3rd and Chris Brown? Doh! Nevermind, they already have the best Kicker in the league.
    :lightbulb:

16. Xman

Xman Veteran

I think we would have to give up a 1st to get Dansby AND Rackers.

(and before anyone responds - there is NO way we should trade a future first)

17. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

Don't forget Weaver's sack!!

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Yeah that was after Mcnabb fell down on accident near the sideline and Weaver touched him.

Babin actually got through the line.

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

FYI He slid to avoid the hit. He did not accidentally fall. It wasn't near the sideline either. It was a little outside and behind the TE position.

20. real

real Guest

I could've sworn He tripped...