Danieal Manning tweets, uh oh

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Dec 14, 2012.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
    97.9 the box is right about the fair weather Texans Fans. Ride with ur team. We r Texans.
    about 1 hour ago

Then: Danieal Manning @ManningUp38
    Fair weather fans. It's cool if u don't like me or other players but don't hate or your Home Team. In many ways we rep. All you Texans
    about 1 hour ago

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

Aw geez...the old "fair weather fans" gimmick.

Well, I guess that'll just about do it. If that's the mindset of our "pros" then there's definitely fire where there's smoke.

Nothing like a preemptive twitter strike just before the regime falls.

3. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Before this gets blown WAY out of whack...what was he responding to? Idiot tweets after the Texans lost? Maybe he shouldn't reply at all but nothing he said is wrong.

4. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

He is right but Im sure the Texans wont like his actions

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's the way I'd handle it. With a tweet.

It's been mentioned before, no one who participates on this board qualifies as a "fair weather fan"

It's not possible.

If you (& I'm not speaking of you in particular GP) don't like this kind of talk from the players... fine. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.

But please, please, please, don't take this personal, because he's not talking about anyone who regularly participates on this board....... win or lose.

6. GP

GP Go Texans!

Never a good idea for a player to make broad generalizations.

Ever.

All he had to do was say something like "Our fans are the best. Thank you for cheering us in our 11 wins and thank you for standing by us in our 2 losses."

Instead, he goes the ill-advised "Hey all you fair weathered fans out there!..." route. Dumb.

I don't care because I know he's not talking to me. But still, it's just bad form. This is why teams don't like social media. Yeah, it's good in some forms, and other times it's a hindrance to brand growth and expansion.

He needs to get back to being a ball hawk and stop trying to act like Bernard Pollard. IMO. Go make some plays on passes, not just playing the run or the big hit on every pass play.

7. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

He probably shouldn't have replied at all. I admit that. But...he's probably addressing SPECIFIC fans that tweet crap after losses. I seriously doubt he's calling ALL Texans fans "fair weather".

Meh - people will see what they want to see I guess.

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

From the first tweet he was evidently listening to radio progran on 97.9 the Box and responding to comments

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What he ought to do is not go anywhere near Twitter after a loss like that, just like he shouldn't look at Texans forums. If he has to be on there to see comments from important people, then he should have some kind of separate account gets their tweets and not all the "fans" tweets. Like myself; I didn't call him out specifically, but I was ticked at the safeties and I don't think it would be real helpful for him to read my rants from the last 3 days. He better listen to his coach, though, LOL.

10. GP

GP Go Texans!

In terms of image, perception is reality. What is truth and what isn't is never the deal...if a person THINKS something is true (or false) then that's truth to that person until proven otherwise.

Using social media where the dialogue is really hard to control, you can't have a true conversation (to say "What did you mean by that?"), is where things get sticky in a hurry.

It's not a bid damn deal. But it is silly. He should know better than that, but then again communication skills are sometimes not in a person's skill set. To me, he comes off as being irritated that the team is receiving criticisms.

They won 11 freaking games. He should roll with it and ignore it. By validating the whiners, he's giving a piece of soul away to them. Which makes me have small doubts about our team's true mettle.

I hate anybody who uses "fair weathered fans" type of talk. It's childish.

11. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Stop tweeting and go study game film on Luck and the Colts.

:coffee:

SheTexan likes this.
  12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I clicked this thread thinking he was going to say something potentially explosive, like throwing a player or coach under the bus. This seems harmless. What's the issue with what he said?

13. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

14. Rey

Rey Guest

How would you even know who a fair weather fan is?

I'm a fair weather fan of the Astros...I simply like to see them do well because they represent Houston, but when they suck I don't even think about them...I damn sure don't waste any time talking about them.

Seems like the term fairweather fan is used to describe people who call them team out after an ugly loss.

This isn't little league. The guys don't get gatorade and orange slices on the side line. People pay a lot of money and invest a lot of time and emotions into the teams they are fans of. Of course there is going to be some vitriol spewed after a loss like that.

Fair weather fans don't give a damn about you, so why the hell do you care about fair weather fans?

The only people that should be concerned about fair weather fans is the marketing department because when things go bad they stop showing any kind of support. They buy merchandise when you're good and ignore you when you're bad.

15. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

I guess he did not like the response of the fans after embarrasing themselves infront of the world "in the biggest game of Texans history".

WTF did he expect??

16. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

Yeah there is so much film on the guy he couldnt possibly have gone through it all

17. Rey

Rey Guest

I hope they are just psyching themselves up into an everyone is against us mentality and the only people that believe in us are in this room kind of thing...

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

People need to learn when to STFU. Sure, you can say whatever you want, but sometimes, you shouldn't. My wife still dislikes Matt Schaub just because of that idiotic comment he made about the fans a few years ago. I mean, she really dislikes him. I'm sure if she hears about this, I'll have to hear her rant about Manning, LOL.

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I don't know, but I saw tweets of a bunch of people in Boston hanging "The Texans are coming...The Texans are coming!!!" on Paul Revere's statue. Plus they had to take a beat down from Patriot fans and still repped. Those fans need to be recognized.

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

This shouldn't surprise anyone. They got their collective asses handed to them by the Patriots, they got their manhood questioned by their coach, and they're now trying to pull together and circle the wagons. It's all part of the "Us against those who are not with us" reflex that just about every NFL team seems to come up with when this series of events plays out.

Nothing to see here I think.