Dang.... Ahman Green goes off!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texan_Bill, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

1560 the Game (Sean the Cablanasian) just interviewed Ahman Green. He roasted the Texans F/O. Also explained that his time in Houston that he had a lot going on in his personal life, ie daughter being sick, dad dieing of cancer and something going on with his mom. He added that the injury led to even Mike Sherman questioning his work ethic, which Mike Sherman was originally a defender of Green from their time in Green Bay. Said he was warned about Rick Smith being a douche.bag (my words, not his) before coming ever coming here but wanted to come because of Andre Johnson and the Texans youth.

He did speak highly of the players and their ability to not quit, and "battle fight" (again, my words not his).

2. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Not a surprise, nor is it anything that people shouldn't already know after 5 years of what we've seen out of the management of this regime. There has been quite a pattern of ex players that leave here to come out and describe this organization in a negative light. Bob still thinks we're on the right track though. :kitten:

3. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

I am cool with that, every company needs a douche.bag and sports ain't no different. And why is rick being called this, because he didn't see results on the field from Ahman? I think he should be thankful he was not cut earlier from the texans, all people have tragic times in their lives but you just can't bring it to work. Most of the great athletes in history have used trajic events to do the opposite and excel in sports at that time ( to escape in the game ).
    I think he needs to chill out some.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Dude, you don't ask a previous pro-bowler if they are faking an inury. It's unprofessional and renders the relationship irreparable.

*EDIT*

Here's a link to the podcast, if interested: Ahman Green

5. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

It's astonishing that, at this point in time, there is anyone that would dispute or defend Rick Smith's reputation.

Ya, the Texans need a d-bag running their personnel like I need herpes. Makes total sense.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

wow...what he said doesn't surprise me...but it's always a little surprise to hear a player like Green come out and just lay it out there.

This franchise puts the fun in dysfunctional. Both GMs in our history have been jackasses, and judging by the body of their work, not very good GMs.

And before anyone jumps me to rush to the defense of Rick Smith, just remember this is the same brainiac who seems to consider himself a secondary mind that said we were going young at corner. This only led to one of the worst passing defenses in NFL history. He's not part of the solution. He's part of the problem

7. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Ahman Green is a known jerk. Besides, who expected him to take full responsibility for his awfulness here? Not me. It's always easier to blame everyone but yourself.

thunderkyss likes this.
  8. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Mr. Green, will you please point to the spot on the Teddy Bear where Rick Smith hurt you.

thunderkyss, Shaft75, TD and 11 others like this.

9. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Green sucked and didn't finish a single season. It was so bad Dayne was our best option.

Sucks about his personal life though.

10. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

:spit: Rep if I could, Stan. Awesome.

11. scourge

scourge Digression King

got it for ya

12. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

It's funny that it was the d-bag that signed him to that crazy contract. Otherwise, he would have been playing for the UFL/CFL way earlier.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost lol football :D

Ahman Green has zero room to talk about anybody else considering the amount of money he basically stole from the Texans.

14. False Start

False Start On # 69

Poor him, the whole organization didn't bow down and stop everything to adjust to, "the way he is." :crying: :clown:

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I'm kinda with most of you guys... Green just came off sounding whiney to me. I feel for him about all the stuff going on in his personal life, you know that has to be tough. But players move to new cities all the time and have to hit the ground running, even if stuff is going on in their lives.

It sounds like a classic case of miscommunication, to me. Or rather - no communication. I'm not being a Rick Smith, Mike Sherman or Gary Kubiak apologist here... but I kind of see their side. Green admitted himself of missing medical treatment and missing another meeting. Here you're paying this guy millions of dollars + paying all of his medical bills, surgeries, medicine, etc and he misses a treatment? Doesn't sound very professional to me. He basically just told everyone that he didn't tell anybody why he was distracted and was quiet not talking to anyone. It doesn't matter what profession you're in, when your performance goes down and you're not communicating with your boss or co-workers... it's never a good thing.

As far as Rick blatantly asking AG if he's faking the injury... that definitely is something you don't take lightly. It sounds like Sherman tried to talk to him first, I'm sure other coaches and trainers talked to him. I just don't see Smith as a rogue jackwagon that comes out of left field and asks Ahman that question. I see it as a build up after discussing things with Sherman and Kubiak.

I also find it kind of funny he brought up the runningback by committee thing when discussing his time here vs. how well Foster is doing and being known as THE runningback. It didn't have to be RB by committee if one of them would have stood out and played better. It was RBC because they all sucked.

AG just came across as a guy that wasn't happy here in Houston, wasn't making many friends, wasn't playing well and is trying to rationalize it by blaming other people. Not communicating with anyone gets him to butt heads with Sherman and Smith... and then he said that distraction kept him from playing well and could have led to his injury.

:crying: wah-wah :pop:

False Start likes this.
  16. Ole Miss Texan

fixed it for ya.... LOL

17. False Start

False Start On # 69

He said he doesn't like to complain, but he pretty much just went Henry Hill and sung like a bird....sure sounded like complaining to me.

18. Ole Miss Texan

He was warned about a couple people in the Texans organization. Funny thing is those same people were warned about HIM. They both lost. :rake:

19. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Eh. Neither side should be pointing any fingers.

I was a big Rick Smith defender up until the end of the season. I always thougth it was soley Kubiak's coaching that has this team in a mess. And, I still do. However, when this team started to tank, Rick Smith was silent and didn't really say that much. When the crap hits the fan, the General Manager has to take over and lead. Smith hasn't done that. I want him gone, too.

As for Ahman, I'd be upset if someone asked me if I were faking an injury. However, the Texans certainly paid him well. I'm sorry he went through a lot of personal things, but, stuff happens. This team paid him VERY well for where he was.

Frankly, both sides should shut the eff up.

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

OMG, I literally laughed out loud. Gasping for air now.

LOL.

Rep'd you. And I will be using that line in future posts, if you give me permission to. Hell, that's signature status stuff right there, folks....