Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dallas OL having problems

Let me go over to their forum, and see if they are already posting threads about us.

Nope.

Sources: Kyle Kosier out 4-6 weeks with a sprained MCL. Columbo is also out for awhile as is Alex Barron.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4776518

Would not bother me if Kosier and Columbo missed the reg. season game against us.

WWJD and myself were actually talking about this last week. There has been alot of concern about it. I mentioned it in the Texans optimism thread. The OL was the question mark coming in and this makes it worse. It's definitely being discussed and there is worry.

WWJD and myself were actually talking about this last week. There has been alot of concern about it. I mentioned it in the Texans optimism thread. The OL was the question mark coming in and this makes it worse. It's definitely being discussed and there is worry.

I drafted for Dallas in one of the mocks . I picked Anthony Davis in the 1st and Roger Safford in the 2nd . It seemed like such a glaring need .

I never hate on the Cowboys my father and and me used to cheer for them back in the 90's being they were the only pro team in Texas back then.

He's basically saying that they don't have any posts over on their board talking about us, so why are we over here talking about them already?

Well, I know we have Dallas fans here and we also have fantasy football fans here as well as Texans fans that want to keep up to date with what is happening to our competition. His post contributed nothing.

Well, I know we have Dallas fans here and we also have fantasy football fans here as well as Texans fans that want to keep up to date with what is happening to our competition. His post contributed nothing.

I am merely the interpreter.

Yeah I know. I was just stating the reasons for my posting the thread, if it matters to anyone.

Why sure it matters. Damn JB, I wanted to know if they were worried about their line and shaking yet because they saw our dynamo :d:. I know #9 is following this thread. He's just not posting :)

It was but Jerry seemed confident in who they had and who they signed. Not looking good now.

They are going to have to do something. Get somebody that another team cuts or trade for somebody. They have no choice. Too many guys hurt and their backups are going down now. Such is football.

I never hate on the Cowboys my father and and me used to cheer for them back in the 90's being they were the only pro team in Texas back then.
I certainly don't hate them, but when I was in Houston it use to annoy me that so many locals who made their living in Houston were Cowboy fans instead of supporting the "hometown team" ? I'm funny about that loyalty thing though.
But back to the subject of the thread - why is Jones so apparently obsessed with the need of throwing first round picks at WRs ? First this thing with Williams (the MoTown trade), but then I guess they wrote him off and decided to go after Bryant in the first round even though they are really hurting at OT, a more important position all in a year they are suppose to be making a SB run ? Sounds like wierd, misplaced priorities to me ?

I certainly don't hate them, but when I was in Houston it use to annoy me that so many locals who made their living in Houston were Cowboy fans instead of supporting the "hometown team" ? I'm funny about that loyalty thing though.

I'm curious. Given that Idaho doesn't have a professional team, does that make way to choosing any team as a favorite rather than perhaps the Seahawks or Denver?

I admit I do not have any baggage with the Cowboys.

You must live in Houston where you get Texan coverage more often. Otherwise you would have plenty of baggage when your team is on a win streak and you can't get any coverage.

So I guess we can't just give the Cowboy the SB trophy afterall? Good luck telling Cowboys fans that their team is imperfect.

I don't know about anywhere else but as for me (and I think I can speak for Frog and StarStruck as well) we are all realistic Cowboys fans. If the team has an obvious deficit I'll be the first one to say that. The OL does concern me. It concerns Frog. We both stated that. They're going to have to do something. I wasn't upset when they choose Dez..but I would have gone OL in the second round rather than LB. That's just me and they didn't call me and ask so they got what they got. I'm realistic. If they continue to lose players and depth on the OL it'll be a long season. That's just a given.

So I guess we can't just give the Cowboy the SB trophy afterall? Good luck telling Cowboys fans that their team is imperfect.

This is such a fallacy. I think we are harder on them than most outiders. I constantly rip them and so do most I know.

This

I don't know about anywhere else but as for me (and I think I can speak for Frog and StarStruck as well) we are all realistic Cowboys fans. If the team has an obvious deficit I'll be the first one to say that. The OL does concern me. It concerns Frog. We both stated that. They're going to have to do something. I wasn't upset when they choose Dez..but I would have gone OL in the second round rather than LB. That's just me and they didn't call me and ask so they got what they got. I'm realistic. If they continue to lose players and depth on the OL it'll be a long season. That's just a given.

This is such a fallacy. I think we are harder on them than most outiders. I constantly rip them and so do most I know.

This

Yeah tell that to the Cowboy fans here at my work. They love dogging on the Texans and pumping up the Cowboys. The only thing that brought them down to earth last year was the loss to the Vikings in the playoffs. Even then, all they could do was criticize the Vikings for not having class and running up the score. They're in my work fantasy league too, so I have to listen to them talk trash on that board a lot. It gets old fast as nobody else in the office seems to do it the way they do.

Lately the discussion has been about how awesome Dez Bryant is and how him and Miles Austin are going to be top 10 WRs this year.

Yeah tell that to the Cowboy fans here at my work. They love dogging on the Texans and pumping up the Cowboys. The only thing that brought them down to earth last year was the loss to the Vikings in the playoffs. Even then, all they could do was criticize the Vikings for not having class and running up the score. They're in my work fantasy league too, so I have to listen to them talk trash on that board a lot. It gets old fast as nobody else in the office seems to do it the way they do.

Lately the discussion has been about how awesome Dez Bryant is and how him and Miles Austin are going to be top 10 WRs this year.

Not all fans do that and in reality if you are hanging out with a fan base you are going to get overgeneralizations. I mean there was a thread the other day comparing Mario to all time greats. It's the same thing. Optimism abounds this time of year. But most will tell you that there is concern about areas. If the Cowboys O-line is bad then all the talented WRs and RBs go to nothing and Romo runs for his life. That equals mediocre season.

That's when I adopted the Saints. :cool:

Me too.

Not because I had anything against the Cowboys, I love Jerrah, & I loved Jimmy Johnson & the team he built.

I just didn't want to be known as a Cowboy's fan.

I'd much rather be known as an Aints fan.

I'm curious. Given that Idaho doesn't have a professional team, does that make way to choosing any team as a favorite rather than perhaps the Seahawks or Denver?

In a small place like Idaho (population wise) where there's no pro-team the local college team becomes the favorite team, and BTW it's no coincidence that BSUs nickname is the Broncos. The Idaho Vandals also have a following.
And throughout the NorthWest you're gonna also find some Raider fans.
But yea man, you're free to choose.

I think Austin kind of snuck up on the league last year and won't do the same this year. Bryant will need a few years to be all that he will be but if they are thinking this is Micheal Irving all over again they are going to be dissappointed. Dez will be as good as Ochocinco who I think is a bit overated but, he will never be a Andre Johnson/Fitzgerald/Moss type guy.

But back to the subject of the thread - why is Jones so apparently obsessed with the need of throwing first round picks at WRs ? First this thing with Williams (the MoTown trade), but then I guess they wrote him off and decided to go after Bryant in the first round even though they are really hurting at OT, a more important position all in a year they are suppose to be making a SB run ? Sounds like wierd, misplaced priorities to me ?

Yeah I feel ya on those Cowboys fans in Houston that have never even been to Dallas. If those fans in Houston were to join a gang....they would join whichever one is winning. Funny thing is...Dallas fans in Dallas look at anyone that says "i'm from Houston as "one of them Texans fans" lol

I would say that there is little real reason to refer to Cowboys MBs to feel the pulse of the OL issue.

News: With the Cowboys now having two starting offensive linemen (Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier) hurt, Romo's snaps could be limited for the rest of the preseason, the Dallas Morning News reports.

Spin: He'll still get his starts, but if the line starts looking porous the Cowboys won't hesitate to give Romo a quick hook.
Link

Is there enough depth on the offensive line? That's a question folks were asking even before starting left guard Kyle Kosier and right tackle Marc Colombo suffered injuries. Colombo probably will return in time for the opener against Washington on Sept. 12, but Kosier could miss a couple of games. Veteran Montrae Holland (48 career starts) will replace Kosier. Holland's had his moments in the league, but he has started only two games since joining the Cowboys in '08.

Robert Brewster may get the start in Colombo's place, and that's a problem. Brewster's footwork has been questionable and he's getting blown off the ball in pass protection. And on Wednesday, the Cowboys couldn't seem to decide whether quarterback Tony Romo would play Saturday against the Chargers. The Cowboys are extremely talented at the skill positions, but a couple of injuries on the offensive line could derail this team. The good news is that left tackle Doug Free has had an excellent camp. Owner/general manager Jerry Jones believes that Free will be an upgrade over Flozell Adams. I think that may be the case down the road, but for now, Free's still somewhat of a wild card.
Link

I heard Wade on the radio and he said Tony would play regardless of what OL they put out there. I don't watch preseason games so whether he plays alot or a little bit in this game I don't know. It's going to be the teams 3rd preseason game.

Yeah I feel ya on those Cowboys fans in Houston that have never even been to Dallas. If those fans in Houston were to join a gang....they would join whichever one is winning. Funny thing is...Dallas fans in Dallas look at anyone that says "i'm from Houston as "one of them Texans fans" lol
I got acquainted in Houston with a guy from NJ who was a chiropractor,
and had moved to Houston to get a fresh start in his line of work because of an opportunity with an In-law.
Anyhow, this guy was not a Jets or a Giants fan, but a Cowboy fan but he can't really tell you why he likes the Cowboys ? And I asked him, "you want to go into business in Houston, TX and you're actually wearing a T-shirt that says 'Dallas Area Chamber of Commerce' every bit as much as it says 'Dallas Cowboys'" ? I don't know if he ever caught on ?

Five. I grew up in Dallas and have just reversed priorities. In Dallas I wanted Dallas and the Oilers to win each week with Dallas winning head to head match ups. Now I want the Texans and Dallas to win with the Texans winning the head to head games.

I always root for the Texas team as well, but I wouldn't consider myself a Dallas fan.

If you want to call yourself a fan, that's fine, I'm not saying anything against it, just sayin.

Five. I grew up in Dallas and have just reversed priorities. In Dallas I wanted Dallas and the Oilers to win each week with Dallas winning head to head match ups. Now I want the Texans and Dallas to win with the Texans winning the head to head games.

When I was in Dallas there were tons of Oilers fans. People loved Earl for the closeness to Tyler and people loved Bum. I always got that...who could not like Bum Phillips? Or appreciate what Earl could do.

Sorry I missed you on the head count..wow a whole 5 of us!

HowboutthemCowboys returned a week or two ago.
&&
In the South, especially in Georgia at Georgia Tech, it's well know that Jimmy Johnson plagiarised the phrase from that school. But he didn't
complete it, maybe feeling the answer was too offensive for the North Texas Bible-Belt fanbase ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets
Another popular chant is called the Good Word and it begins with asking, "What's the Good Word?" The response from all Tech faithful is, "To Hell With Georgia." The same question is asked three times and then the followup is asked, "How 'bout them dogs?" And everyone yells, "Piss on 'em."

Back