Dallas News: Houston's got a problem come Sunday

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans34Life, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/101306cpmosley.31fef90c.html

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Typical Southern Oklahoma drivel. The guy could not hold a candle to some of the logic and biting sarcasm displayed by many of the members on this board.

I know they are a better team on paper and on the field, but we are easily a turnover, a TO flare up and a Cowboy crowd booing them in the 3rd quarter away from taking them down in my opinion.

jerek likes this.
  3. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Dayne usually has a good game against the Cowboys. I hope he still does.

4. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
  5. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

I say we put bledsoe on the turf early and often and we got a shot.

6. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I don't think that is true. The team doesn't feel the same way that the fans do. I saw an interview with Andre Johnson and he said something like they just look at this like any other game. He said he knows that the fans want a win, but they will treat this game the same. I think we hype this up too much and want the players to feel our frustrations with Dallas. There really is no rivalry. Unfortunately, we are a new team that doesn't have a long history of hard fought games with any team. We look at Jacksonville & Dallas as bitter rivals, but no one sees us as one.

7. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

well theres a thing about rivals, unless you Knock another team out of the playoff hunt, or beat them in the wildcard round or something, there is no juice to the "rivalry" so in that respect we have no rivalries yet. but we do want to be the best texas footbal team, and we do play dallas for the governers cup. so dallas is prolly a budding rivalry at the least, you really have to beat someone in the endgame or the playoffs a few times or win or lose on some controversial play to really get the divisional rivalries going. IMHO

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

There's really nothing Tuna can do about it. The players are coming down from the most intense game of the NFL season, thus far. They know that the Giants are coming to town next Monday night. There's no sense of revenge, as only 4 or 5 Cowboys from 19-10 remain on the roster. They realize that one of the worst teams in the league is showing up to play in front of what is usually one of the deadest crowds in football. This is the trappiest (I couldn't think of a real word, it's early :coffee: ) of all trap games.

Now, that doesn't mean the Texans will win on Sunday. This needs to be in their mind the most important game on their schedule. Because a win here will energize their fan base and give them confidence to play on the road. If the Texans play with their head and their heart, Irving will be the town with the problem.

9. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

keys to victory, stop the run, sack bledsoe, fewer turnovers.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Are they Really??

The passing yards we've given up came against Philly, Indy, & Washington.

They played Philly, and got about the same treatment. The Washington team they played was not the same Washington team we played, and they haven't seen Peyton yet.

That running Defense has stopped who?? Brian Westbrook?? That's the best running back they faced. & he ain't a running back.

Spears, Canty, Ware are all young players...... lots of potential, but honestly they haven't done anything yet.

AnthonyHenry, PatWatkins, RoyWilliams, are as much a liability in coverage as Sanders, CCBrown, & GlenEarl

BradieJames had a great year, last year, Kinda like Marlon Greenwood's....

I don't know what to say about Ayodele yet. & Ellis & Ware are pass rushers only.

Talentwise, I honestly think we are at the same level...... they may play better than our guys....... they may have been coached better than our guys, but they aren't more talented.

11. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

defensively I think they have a slight edge because of ellis and ware, I know they are all out pass rush guys, but how do you stop the texans? you put carr on the ground. so from that standpoint they are a little stronger vs us on defense. now if we blitz the way we did against miami? that should negate that advantage, but if we try to rush with the front 4 again it will be washington all over again.

12. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I have this thought to offer to Kubes...

Ya know how we always get prodded over David being horizontal on the field? Being the Kroger boy of the NFL? Well, look at this...Bledsoe is well known for being stone bodied and not too keen on having rival defenders getting too close (he can't handle it). So...

Challenge our D boys to a sack contest. Prize? Well, you find what motivates them the most (money, women, real estate, etc) and offer it to the player who sacks Bledsoe more than Carr gets it. This will be a turning point, if we can get their QB before they can get at ours. I think this could work...:hunter:

KEEP OUR QB CLEAN! NOT THEIRS!!

Oh yea, Blitz too please.

13. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

Umm yeah, defensively I wouldn't put a "slight" edge to Dallas, I'd give an enormous edge to the Cowboys. The Texans don't hold a candle to anything near the Cowboy's defense. Your simply out of your mind if you call the Dallas D slightly better than the Texans.

Texans- 32nd rank defense in the league
    Cowboys- 9th

Ware and Canty have both began to hit their strides in a beefly D-line rotation of Marcus Spears, Jay Raitliff, and Jason Ferguson-- all of which have already had a sack.

Ellis has made the transition from DE to OLB seamlessly.. already at 3 sacks, and who saw his block on McNabb which forced the ball loose for DWare to take it to the house? Last year's most improved player-- Bradie James has done a solid job, FA pick-up Ayodelle leads the D with tackles.

Terence Newman and Anthony Henry are doing fine.. the safeties admittily have been the weak point.. Watkins has been playing like a rookie and Roy Williams has fallen to his old ways.

Let me say-- if Ladell Betts could have a career day against the Texan's D, (who had 32 yards vs. the Cowboys), Julius Jones will absolutely tear through the Texan's D-line.. he's off to his best start of his career (two 100 yarders, one 94), while counterpart Marion Barber leads the team with TDs.

If the Texan's D is 32nd, no they aren't as talented as the Cowboy's D Thunderkyss.. are you right in your head?

14. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I am just hoping we pack the stadium like the Steelers fans did last year:

[​IMG]

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Our defense made Mark friggin' Brunnel look good. I have little confidence in their ability stop anyone other than a really bad Miami team at this point. Of course, I hope with all my heart that they prove me wrong.

Did you notice Moulds' stats accross the bottom of the screen? Cool! :thumbup

16. TexansCM

TexansCM Rookie

The only reason this is not a rivalry is because of NFL scheduling and the Texans and Cowboys are not in the same division. There should always be matchups between interstate teams if not every year, then every other.

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Someone in Dallas cracking on Houston for its most famous landmark? LOL

[​IMG]

Lucky, TEXANS84 and Texans_Chick like this.
  18. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Yeah, just conviently neglect the gamebreaker that is C-po is & how he changes the teams offensive capabilities when he is on the field & healthy. Of course you do know that he sat against you guys & came back healthy against us right? Also didn't the Redskins with a healthy Portis just help his team drop 36 on a vaunted Jacksonville defense that you guys lost against? You guys aren't as talented as you think on D. Philly ran thru you guys just like they ran thru us, Indy would do the same.

Having said that, I am worried about what JJ could do. Tuna is a ball control type of coach so he will be using the run alot, but if we can manage to curtail that somewhat then the ball is in our court b/c Bledsoe is terrible.

19. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

With division rival Philly in the rear-view mirror, and another division rival next week in the Giants, this would be a classic trap game for the Cowboys if only for one thing. They didn't win, they lost last week in Philly. Parcells didn't get to where he's at now without knowing how to bounce a team back from a big loss the week before.
    I honestly doubt that the Cowboys have a clue who is on their schedule beyond this Sunday.

20. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

If the cowgirls believe, like that ***clown writer, that they will win by 3 touchdowns and two field goals, this is a huge trap game for them... please believe this, cowpatties... please!

And on the rivalry issue... If the Texans win this game, we will automatically become a major rivalry for the girls... no questions aked.

Here's to punking these chumps, and giving the gift of cowgirl silence to the entire NFL.... the entire world...