Dallas Cowboys Release Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Tailgate, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dallas_cowboys_release_jerry_jones?utm_source=a-section

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.....

TimeKiller likes this.
  2. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

That's funny...

3. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

Jerry Jones just may end up being the next Al Davis.

4. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I can't open the link, but does this mean that we will have to move back to Texas Stadium?

5. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

maybe in being a bad evaluator of talent but not in business..look at the difference in the stadiums. Even Texas Stadium was better than that place the Raiders play.

Didn't somebody post on here that the Raiders are probably going to angle to try to move back to LA when their lease is up?

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Jerrah "mix in some tissue next home game" Jones!
    [​IMG]

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Dude looks like Skeletor. I can never get past that. He's got that old parchment skin stretched so tight over his skull that he just looks freakish to me. You would think that with that much money he could afford a better grade of plastic surgery. Something a little more natural looking.

8. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Or just age gracefully like the rest of us....

9. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Joan Rivers has millions and look at her. Eh..Jerry was never a good looking guy pre or post surgery. Nothing changes.

10. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

You're reading too much into what I wrote. But..... I don't fault Jerry for his business skills, but a lot of the Cowboys success with the business and marketing success was there long before JJ owned the team.

As for Al and stadiums, I'm sure he would jump to any new stadium being built in Cali if he could find one.

11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

True but he was the masteming behind alot of the stadium sponsorships that were at first refused and then applauded to make the owners and league money. He is A-1 on the product, just not at GM.

12. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I agree, I just don't see JJ or anyone else having the same success in a smaller market. Buying the Dallas Cowboys over say the St. Louis Rams gave him a great start, and helps with his marketing. He could have spent the rest of his born days trying to get the others to allow stadium sponsorships, and may not have succeeded. JJ has been a huge part in making billion$ for the NFL.

13. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

This embarrassment must have been the last straw.

[​IMG]

14. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Actually under Bum Bright's ownership the Cowboys were losing money. He was a horrid owner.

15. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

I believe I did. I mean, all signs do point to the Raiders moving back to L.A. Oakland is already going to lose the Athletics to San Jose, so I believe they may try something to keep the Raiders in Oakland. There have been talks of building a new stadium for the Raiders...but, thats all they have been so far...just talk.

I expect to see the Raiders playing here soon: http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/

WWJD likes this.
  16. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

He's the reason I'm no longer a Cowboys fan. From 78'/79' when I discovered them as a kid, up until 89' when he did what he did to Tom Landry, I won't even think twice about them until he sells the team or dies.
    Still bothers me to this day that Tom broke down saying good-bye to his team all because of that dude.

It is what it is, but I'm a Texan now!

17. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Thank you..I knew I saw it on here somewhere. And you would know!

I don't care for the Raiders as a team but the fans are freaky loyal to them. Got to admire that.

Kulluminatii likes this.
  18. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

It was wrong but Tom forgave him. Perhaps that is the proof a what a good man he was.

I had season tickets for the Cowboys at that time. I can't begin to tell you how many fans in my section that I had sat next to for many years were all in agreement that Coach Landry needed to be replaced..that it was time for some new blood.

But still..he definitely deserved far better.

19. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

very nice stadium..thanks for the link.

I didn't even know this was being talked about to the point of actually designing a facility.

20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

He didn't do it the right way but it was the right thing to do. Landry was past his prime and as a long time Cowboy fan I was excited about the change. I don't get the concept of people quitting teams to tell you the truth. You can't control owners, etc but if they are your lifelong team there should be loyalty. I don't agree with everything Jerry has done and he pisses me off plenty but overall he turned around the franchise and made the gap between the 25 straight winning seasons and the next SBs pretty short. He is great for the league and for the Cowboys except in how he has handled the GM moves off and on. He needs to back away there. Pissed or happy I can't fault his wanting to win or enthusiasm.