Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Bump. Any place I can watch Texans game in Fort Worth at a Texans friendly establishment?

Everywhere I go, the Texans get the tiny 24" TV with no sound...

Especially when the cowboys and Texans play at the same time finding sound is next to impossible. I have not been aggressive about finding a Texans friendly place in a bit. Owners will become friendly when they know 10-12-15 of us will there every week spending money, tipping well, etc.

Especially when the cowboys and Texans play at the same time finding sound is next to impossible. I have not been aggressive about finding a Texans friendly place in a bit. Owners will become friendly when they know 10-12-15 of us will there every week spending money, tipping well, etc.

Yeah, and that's why we should organize a DFW TT get together every week for Texans game. Are there any right now?

Any Texans fans in Collin County? I'm in McKinney (thanks to Hurricane Ike stealing my house on Bolivar) & usually watch solo because I'm surrounded by Cowbabies fans in the neighborhood... I'm qualitygeek on twitter, pinterest, & facebook as well (when my FB is activated).

:swatter:

Resurrecting this thread. Seems like there are quite a few Texans fans from Austin, but not too many in DFW.

We should establish a weekly meet-up to watch the Texans play at a bar so we can get sound.

Unfortunately, we're all spread out in the DFW area. I think we need a roll call of who's where.

From there, those who are nearby to each other can meet up. It's difficult for me coming from the Frisco/Mckinney area to go to Grand Prairie/Arlington/Fort Worth.

To help the new group organizers, trying different places is what helped us in the past. The places we enjoyed, we went to again. It just takes some planning up front, like have a place figured out by mid-week. I think we ended up with a group of 5 or so from different parts of the 'plex

.....The first year I was there, we kinda went between 3 places or so. 2nd year to get a little more variety (Ker's wing house is great - but only so much chicken one can eat every Sunday), we went all over - helped cause we all lived in different parts of the 'plex.

I've since relocated back to Houston, but get in touch with any of those folk that posted and / or try some of those places we visited. It was a good variety we had last year.

The previous thread figuring out where to go....
Dallas Texans previous gathering thread

My wife and I have a 30-year tradition of watching football games together at home.

I did go to one get-together a few years ago when the Texans beat the Panthers. Great game and it was a lot of fun. I stopped by after taking my wife to the airport. Taking her to the airport was a rarity with her last job but now that she's retired... that's not happening, anymore.

I'm in Frisco.

I'm up in Flower Mound, I normally watch at home, but it would be fun to hang with a group from time to time.

I'm up in Flower Mound, I normally watch at home, but it would be fun to hang with a group from time to time.

Ah, we were in Flower Mound for 8 years (and that was actually our second stint there.) We move from FM to Frisco a couple of years ago to be closer to my wife's horses and to downsize our house before retirement.

I saw some lists in this thread, but I thought I would update it....

North / Northwest / Northeast (Frisco, Flower Mound, Plano, Denton, Richardson, etc.)

The Pencil Necks
Texans34Life
thunderwolf
Big Tex 13
wagonhed
rvguy121
NTTexan
BlueSteel
ELVIS
qualitygeek
Big Lou

South / Southwest (Arlington, Mansfield, Grapevine, etc.) -

Texaninlild
ArlingtonTexan
Texan JBZ
grinch1134
Big Pouncake
CretorFrigg
Hoth-Boy
GuerillaBlack
ADTpaul
DFWRocket

I figured us in the North and those in the South can meet somewhere that isn't too far from everyone......

Here's a list compiled by Texaninlild of locations from a few years ago.....or if you guys know of any that are Texan friendly, please post and let us know!

Locations in DFW-

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine good food and service
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

I'm in Arlington off 20/287. Also have a couple of party passes for the Oct 5th game if anyone is interested. Near face value.

Anything going on for the Jags game?

I have been living in Dallas for a little over a month, and the only places that come to mind are Hooters, Twin Peaks, and BWW.

Anything going on for the Jags game?

I have been living in Dallas for a little over a month, and the only places that come to mind are Hooters, Twin Peaks, and BWW.
Well, it's been about a year and I'm still living in Dallas. It seems like CBS isn't working to show any Texans game on the local station this year. This week, the sports map shows they aren't showing the Texans again... They will carry the Eagles and Broncos match up.

09-CBS-E.png

Any thoughts? I've tried calling and messaging them on Facebook, and I haven't gotten anywhere with the station.

Any list of updates places Texans fans can congregate?

CC - when I lived in Dallas, a few of us just hit random places - never came across an "official" location. Look back through the thread, I think we noted some of the places that were better to go to. Good luck in your search and hopefully some of the group will meet up again.

Well, it's been about a year and I'm still living in Dallas. It seems like CBS isn't working to show any Texans game on the local station this year. This week, the sports map shows they aren't showing the Texans again... They will carry the Eagles and Broncos match up.

09-CBS-E.png

Any thoughts? I've tried calling and messaging them on Facebook, and I haven't gotten anywhere with the station.

Any list of updates places Texans fans can congregate?

After the first few weeks, if the Texans are not good, the stations go to the "best" national game. there are way more fans who complain about the Texans automatically being on air than having to watch an awful Eagles-Broncos game. I don't have the opportunity to do the game day circuit anymore so I don't know if a DFW place has developed a Texans place, but it should have by now.

After the first few weeks, if the Texans are not good, the stations go to the "best" national game. there are way more fans who complain about the Texans automatically being on air than having to watch an awful Eagles-Broncos game. I don't have the opportunity to do the game day circuit anymore so I don't know if a DFW place has developed a Texans place, but it should have by now.
Well, I finally got in touch with the director of programming at the CBS station. I was told this is an NFC East market and those games take priority over the Texans. They also said that the local station doesn't have a say in those broadcast maps and the national network assigns the games - but I don't believe that. So I guess Cowboys fans love watching the Eagles win!

I think one thing that really irritated me was that the Jets and Patriots game was showing when the Cowboys had their bye week and no other NFC East team was playing on CBS at noon. Granted, the Texans were playing the Browns. But I thought they might have wanted to show Watson...

I hoped there were some established places up here but I wasn't sure.

Maybe cpt. obvious moment, but the sports bars should have multiple games on. Just gotta find the spot to watch it. If you're able to get a few to join ya, I'm sure you can get the sports bar to alter a tv or two. Definitely won't sway what the national network assigns to the "local channel"

Back