Da Bears - Travel

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Blake, May 7, 2012.

1. Blake

Blake MMQB

A group of us are thinking about traveling over to Chicago for the game while we are up in the area.

Anyone ever been to Soldier Stadium and "enjoyed" the bears fans?

Anyone going this year?

Any tips? :spin:

2. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I have a guy friend who got attacked in the bathroom and some Bears fans tried to set him on fire. I've never been there myself. Just passing the info along. I know he said he would never go back because their fans are very nasty.

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

:firehair:

Are you serious?

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

My experience w Chicago and Bears fans has been the opposite. They have been nothing but wonderful to me. Then again, I have good friends that live there.

5. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

I went to The Texans v Bears game there in 2004 or 05 I can't remember. The temp like 9 degrees. It was effing cold.

The Bears fans were just like they are on tv. Fat blowhards. One fatso said 'Nothing but queers and steers in TX.' I asked him if he was practicing his bj technique on that footlong kielbasa. I told he was right because the Texans are effing the schit out the sorry ass bears.

One threw ice at me and I went up to him and his friends to cut the schit out. They did. A fan showed up in a Packers uni and they forgot all about me and went after him big time. Unless they changed, I don't think you can tailgate. I don't think there is a parking lot next to the stadium. The Texans won. Overall we had a good time despite the miserable weather and the super long walk to the stadium.

6. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

I had no problems when I went the last time and would go again if I could. If you have the opportunity...go.

7. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

VERY!! Justin is a diehard Texan fan, dresses in costume with a big red cape, mask, and red wig. He's called Papa Troll amongst Texan fans. He doesn't post on TT or I would have him verify the story.

Probaby one of those "on any given Sunday" type of things. Some fans are awesome one Sunday and jerks the next, depending on how much booze they consume, probably. All I've heard over the years about Raven fans is negative stuff, but, when we went in Jan to the playoff game, they were great. Fun teasing, etc, but nothing ugly. SOOOOO, ya never know.

8. Blake

Blake MMQB

Looks like the trip is happening. I am checking stubhub and NFL ticket exchange by ticketmaster, and right now the tickets are extremely expensive. Cheapest set of 4 are $117 each for grandstand nose bleeds. I would rather have tickets in hand, but im going to have to wait for the prices to drop.

9. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I was there in 09 (along with a bunch of other places), I was in the upper level and had a good time. There was a random Vikings fan in the next section over (it wasn't even a Vikings game!) and he got heckled a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Wasn't a big fan of Chicago (the city) though...

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

lol, yeah I am hoping that some Viking or Packers fan shows up near us. We only plan on being in Chicago the 1 day. Taking the Amtrak down from Detroit that morning. Enjoy some deep dish pizza somewhere that night, and gone the next morning back to Texas.

Who has the best Chicago Style Pizza?

11. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

I like Giorodanos or Gino's east. Why only the short trip? Chicago kicks ass!

12. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I liked Giordano's the best. And I'm a pizza snob. LOL

13. Blake

Blake MMQB

2 for Giorodano's.

The trip is to see the Wolverines at the big house the day before vs Northwestern. Ive never been. Then I realized that the Texans will be in Chicago , 4 hours away, the following night for Sunday Night Football. Yeeehaw.

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

2 for Giorodano's.

The trip is to see the Wolverines at the big house the day before vs Northwestern. Ive never been. Then I realized that the Texans will be in Chicago , 4 hours away, the following night for Sunday Night Football. Yeeehaw.

15. Blake

Blake MMQB

Individual tickets wont go on sale until late July/Early August. If we get enough interest we can discuss contacting the bears about group seating/pricing.

16. itsdotcom

itsdotcom Rookie

I'm booked, looking for 4 tickets

17. texan0305

texan0305 Veteran

Yup I'll be there, I have some buddys that live in Chi-town so it should be a fun trip. I can't wait for the road trips this year, last year I was only able to go to the Saints game but this year I think I'll be able to go to a few more and Chicago is on the short list.

18. SuperRY

SuperRY www.HDMIGuy.com

I'm also all booked up. I have 4 going and need 4 tickets.

19. texan0305

texan0305 Veteran

check out www.seatgeek.com someone on the forum mentioned it in a thread and it seems to be legit

20. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Yeah, its legit. I posted it in another thread, I think it was the Lions game. I've used to for those tickets and a couple other concert tickets. Just nice to be able to compare different sites at the same time.