D-Rob assailant busted

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nunusguy, Sep 8, 2007.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

A 27-year-old Houston man has been arrested in connection with the home invasion robbery of Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last week, Fort Bend authorities said.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5118491.html
    I dunno, but if he's been down at the PD all week looking at mug-shots & line-ups, that could bother ones focus for Sundays game ?

2. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Good! Hopefully justice will prevail and they can catch the second suspect as well.

3. TEXANSTAILGATER

TEXANSTAILGATER Veteran

It ain't hard to get into these gated neighborhoods in Sienna. They all have a common code for workers. I know the code and haven't needed it in months.

4. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Slam Dunk for the Prosecution on this one.

Kinda hard to explain the possession of the watch...

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Can you provide an alibi for your whereabouts on or about 8 PM, Saturday, 9/1 ?

6. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Reminds me of Space balls:

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I doubt that Dunta was at the Police station all week going through books of mug shots like in old Hawaii 5-0 shows.

I don't know how this went down but maybe the Police has surveillance footage and are just not publicizing it-the cops do that sometimes not to tip off the crooks. This "unrelated" incident may have been a "traffic stop" once they tracked this car down from the license plate security cam photos.

Here is a dramatic re-creation of the moment before the traffic stop.

dispatch - "Ok officer Smith, go ahead and pull them over, don't tip them off, just see if there's anything obvious, although i doubt he's stupid enough to be wearing custom jewelry from one of the most famous people in Houston"

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

They may have caught them trying to pawn off some of the goods, too.

I have no doubt that D.Rob will be ready to play tomorrow. He's a pro, and will focus this negative energy into the hits he's about to unleash. Some of those Chiefs players won't know what hit them when he's done.

9. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Geez Louise . . that sounds like unbridled optimism there, DB. What happened to that guarded 'I'll wait & see' approach that you've been expousing lately?:D

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If there is only one certainty about tomorrow it's that Dunta is going to light someone up.

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"Book 'em, Danno!"

12. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I hope you're right, DB. I don't know how many people have not just been robbed from their home, but robbed from their home while you're at home, and held at gunpoint and tied up to boot. I don't care who you are, that's got to be a little more than unnerving, IMO. Thankfully, none of the above has happened to me and I hope it never does to me or anyone for that matter.

You get a gun put to your head and you don't know whether you're going to live through it or die right there, especially somewhere where you are supposed to feel the most secure from the scum of the world...you're own home, and I don't know how much a silly old football game is going to be on your mind...or accounting, or insurance adjusting, or whatever it is you do as a profession.

It has been a week now, and who knows, maybe a football game is just what Dunta needs to take his mind off of it.

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5141726.html
    [​IMG]

14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

If found guilty, I say D-Rob gets 1 open field tackle on him.

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

RICHMOND — A man accused of robbing Houston Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson last year pleaded guilty in a Fort Bend County court Tuesday and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Terrance Demond Johnson, 28, pleaded to an aggravated robbery charge in the court of state District Judge Brady Elliott, said Fort Bend County prosecutor Jeff Strange.

Robinson, 26, was robbed Sept. 1 in his home in the Sienna Plantation community near Missouri City.

Police said Johnson and another man, carrying pistols and wearing bandanas across their faces, confronted Robinson and bound him with duct tape. They left after taking jewelry, investigators said.

Strange said police are still searching for the second man.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5739735.html

16. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Wow.

17. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Holy Cow! I think they should have bound the guy with duct tape and throw him in Jerome Mathis' backyard. After that, then let him serve his time in jail.

I love... just love when idiots like this are caught. All over some jewelry. I really would just love to shove this guys face in this... "How stupid can you be to throw your whole life away over something so trivial as some jewelry" I really hope more thugs learn that the risks severely out way the rewards. Just go buy some fake bling for yourself.

Wonder if he'll meet any Cowboys, Bengals, or Vick in prison... they oughta rough him up for their football bretherin'

18. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Glad they nailed them. Must not of had to good of an attorney as 25 is pretty steep for that. Armed robbery with no shots or injury is IIRC usually about 10-15. Must have had some previouse issues that came into play that drove it up. I wonder if DRob had to testify.

19. gary

gary Hall of Fame

They probably did have more than just the robbery.

20. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Good to see justice served, and maybe give D-Rob and his family some peace of mind back, especially if they catch the other dirtbag.