Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cuts made

Brandon420tx

Flounder
We should have all four RBs on the 53, IMO. One guy gets dinged, be it Foster or Tate, and you'll need that 4th guy really badly.
I still think we take 4 RBs and keep 1 inactive, after thinking it over I can see Forsett being the inactive one because of Grimes ability to contribute to special teams.

Rey

Not sure how age in a 3rd back is that important to Kubiak.

Even though Arian is the starter, stuff happens. You could easily have an injury or two there and kubiak is then forced to rely on more youth.

You seriously can't see how the third rb on a football team can all of a sudden become your 2nd or 1st rb?

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
Ball needs to be on that list. BUT, I guess they might be waiting to see what he can do against the Vikes on Thurs.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I made a spot on my version of the roster for both Forsett and Grimes. I think Grimes has shown a lot of desire and talent and I think Forsett gives us a #3 alternative with different skills and abilities.

I don't know if it's going to work out that way. Keeping Grimes means you have to make a hard decision on another position. But I think Grimes's special team abilities get him onto the squad.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Ball needs to be on that list. BUT, I guess they might be waiting to see what he can do against the Vikes on Thurs.
They still need bodies to play in that game since the starters won't be. Kubiak mentioned as much sometime last week.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Even though Arian is the starter, stuff happens. You could easily have an injury or two there and kubiak is then forced to rely on more youth.

You seriously can't see how the third rb on a football team can all of a sudden become your 2nd or 1st rb?
Surely, you remember a 3rd string QB (Yates) that had to start last season? Same scenario. Youth or vet you keep the player you think is best for team. Also, youth is not as much a factor for a RB.

Brandon420tx

Flounder
I made a spot on my version of the roster for both Forsett and Grimes. I think Grimes has shown a lot of desire and talent and I think Forsett gives us a #3 alternative with different skills and abilities.

I don't know if it's going to work out that way. Keeping Grimes means you have to make a hard decision on another position. But I think Grimes's special team abilities get him onto the squad.
The more I think about it the more I see Grimes being the #3 HB on gameday so coach Joe can use him on special teams, and Forsett being the gameday inactive who will leapfrog into the #2 spot should Tate or Foster get injured.

Rey

Surely, you remember a 3rd string QB (Yates) that had to start last season? Same scenario. Youth or vet you keep the player you think is best for team. Also, youth is not as much a factor for a RB.
You are making arguments against the wrong guy as I have been saying Grimes should make the team since before training camp.

My point with the youth thing is that Kubiak may not want that much youth collectively contributing. Doesn't matter that a RB can contribute faster at a young age than some other positions. It's still a collective thing.

You have AJ, and Schaub who aren't exactly the most healthy guys...

You could easily have a scenario where you have Martin, Jean, Yates and Grimes getting regular or significant playing time.

Instead of going with that much youth, Kubiak may want a vet like Forsett that has been around the game for a few years.

Rey

The more I think about it the more I see Grimes being the #3 HB on gameday so coach Joe can use him on special teams, and Forsett being the gameday inactive who will leapfrog into the #2 spot should Tate or Foster get injured.
I'd rather just cut Forsett because I think Grimes is the better RB anyways. I don't know if Kubiak wants to trust the young guy, but I like Grimes better than Forsett.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't think bust is the right word. The days of 6th and 7th rounders having a high percentage chance of making this team thier first year is over.
:handshake:
Precisely! Any late rounders or UDFAs we hit on, given the 1st and 2nd team talent we now have compared to the Casserly days, are pure gravy.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I still think we take 4 RBs and keep 1 inactive, after thinking it over I can see Forsett being the inactive one because of Grimes ability to contribute to special teams.
Agreed. I think Coach Joe keeps Grimes active on game day.

LikeMike

Veteran
I think we´ll have to go with 3 HBs... Holliday seems to be getting a roster spot - and we probably should go 6 deep on WR (with AJs injury history and Posey probably not contributing much in the first year). Just no spot for a 4th HB. Grimes should get the spot as a young, promising, cheap player.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I have liked what Grimes has flashed, but totally have missed his clearly ourplaying Forsett and proven to be better. IMO, forsett starts the year as the third RB and Grimes on the practice squad.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
So who's gonna be the third tight end on the roster? I know they play three tight end sets occasionally.
Casey will be FB1 and TE3.

That gives them a lot of options at other positions - keep a 3rd QB , 4th RB or an extra body at ILB or DB ....

speedfreek

All Pro
I love the name Supernaw.

Kind of reminds me of what my 105 lb. border collie mix does to his rawhide bone.

Would be even cooler if it was SuperHELLnaw..

Now THAT would be somethin'

TJ