Cutler On Block - Traded to Bears

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by ChampionTexan, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

LINK

2. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Friggin Broncos. What a bunch of stupid douches

Do not trade your franchise QB for Josh McDaniels and his gimmick spread offense:gun:

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Way to maximize your trade leverage, Pat. :crazy:

Lions? Jets? Bucs? Bears? A darkhorse? Who wins the Cutler Derby?

Someone should start a poll.

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Matt Gutierrez or Kevin O'Connell?

5. False Start

False Start On # 69

I think he would make the Bucs a really good team.

6. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

What is it with the '06 QB draft class? They all possess some diva qualities.

In the meantime, Chris Simms has a big fat smile...for now.

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Yup. Thats the thing. If you are gonna trade him, don't announce it to the whole world. You lose all leverage in that situation.

8. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

This isn't true. Since it has been reported that several teams are interested, and I'm sure the Broncos wouldn't play their hand like this if that wasn't the case, this is a move to try to create a bidding war between the interested parties.

9. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

This whole thing has been a joke. Both sides are at fault.

10. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

This just goes to show how stupid Bowlen really is and only confirms that Cutler is the smart one in all of this. He could care less about playing for Mcdaniels and is making his demands and sticking by them.

I find it hilarious though how Bowlen fired Shanahan just to bring a coach in who would immediately tick his star QB off and run him off. Lol! How dumb can an organization get?

They're about to find out how hard it is to find a QB in the NFL. THey might as well stack up that defense big time now, because that is all they'll be able to do.

Hopefully Cutler goes to the Lions and tears it up with Calvin Johnson.

11. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

The Broncos don't really lose any leverage by announcing this... at least not with other teams. They let it be known Jay is on the open market and there should be plenty of teams that will have interest in him.

The guy who continues to have leverage is Cutler, I assume he can nix a trade attempt to a team he doesn't want to go to.

It'd be kind of ironic if he went back to the "hometown" team in Nashville, but fortunately for us they gave Collins a hefty extension and vince still has his $27M guaranteed money.

My hope is that he goes to the NFC and get him out of the AFC. I think he could be a very good long term QB. It makes sense for the Broncos to try and trade him to an NFC team as well.

I like Chicago and he would take that team to a whole different level. That's my hope.

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

They should already know how tough it is to find a good QB in the NFL. Here are the starting QBs they have had since Elway retired:

Keep in mind that Elway retired in 1998.

Bubby Brister
    Brian Griese
    Chris Miller
    Vinny Testaverde
    Gus Ferrotte
    Steve Beuerlein
    Danny Kannal
    Jarious Jackson
    Jake Plumber
    Jay Cutler

So in 10 seasons the Bronocs have had 10 different QBs start a game. That is not good. This shows that the Broncos SHOULD know how tough it is to find a decent QB.

13. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I don't think Cutler has a no trade clause in his contract. I mean I guess he can refuse to report, but then he would not get paid. So, while he could

Besides, Cutler has too much of an ego to nix a trade. He would want to show the Broncos they screwed up by leading his new team(any team) to the playoffs.

14. The1ApplePie

Hopefully he does. McDaniels is an arogant douche and Bowlen seems to have lost it. He kept Shanahan years past his prime then picked a poisoned fruit from the Bellicheat coaching tree

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

No team will cough up what it takes to get Cutler without the knowledge that Jay wants to be there. Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, orchestrated the Brett Favre drama last summer. He will dictate to the Broncos where Cutler gets dealt. And there will be a fat contract extension awaiting Jay, wherever he lands.

16. The1ApplePie

Hopefully the Texans

Offer a third for the hell of it:smiliedance:

bah007 likes this.
  17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Cutler will be a Bronco in my opinion. All Bowlen has to do is execute on his statement and they get the higher ground should there be no equal offering.

18. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Yahoo is also reporting that the Broncos will trade Jay Cutler as all options to keep him have been exhausted. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...lug=cr-bowlencutler033109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns.

I don't understand Cutler's problem, personally I think he's acting like a little kid. The NFL is a business and there new head coach wanted to try and bring in a QB that can run the spread. However, that didn't work so they wanted to stick with Cutler. Cutler shouldv'e known better, if he were to be traded the FO would have told Cutler about his options and why they want to trade him, however, when the deal didn't work they decided to keep him, simpile as that.

I would love to see him play for Detroit and get killed behind there porous O-Line thats as effective as a wet paper towel.

19. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I know we have an entire thread based on conversation like this but I think we should call the Broncos and offer them a 3rd round pick for Cutler just to see what happens.

20. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I say it gets between the Jets and the ( drumroll ) Eagles(darkhorse).