Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cushing press conference @ 1pm Central

It's clearly obvious some of us are going to continue to think the worst (with no proof) while some of us will take Cushing at his word (with no proof).

This could go on forever. I would have hoped for better things to occupy our time with before training camp and pre-season.

If I come to the conclusion that we have a team full of cheaters and that the organization is willing to look the other way, then I wouldn't buy merchandise or attend the games.

I wonder how many people who share this stance are the same ones that get mad because we only try to draft or sign character players.

You know, it really is too bad McGrady didn't test positive for hcg. It'd be a whole lot more fun.
What's funny is I had to go to google (on my phone, not work computer) and type in "vaginal parts" to come up with the name. Then I didn't want the last page on my internet screen to be wiki answers: vaginal parts so I googled Tracy McGrady. Honest truth! LOL
This is by far my favorite of the smilies. It's one of those "no words necessary"... it literally makes me laugh out loud when that's the only response to a post. Classic!

It's clearly obvious some of us are going to continue to think the worst (with no proof) while some of us will take Cushing at his word (with no proof).

This could go on forever. I would have hoped for better things to occupy our time with before training camp and pre-season.

Right on, Thorn.

HoustonFrog is a Cowboy fan, right? So, his only hope as a fan is to tear down the morality of everyone in the NFL so that he doesn't feel so dirty rooting for that appalling team of his.

Really? Resorting to calling out another person's fan affiliation with another team?

Looks it's not like HF is making an unreasonable jump in logic. There's a train that's certainly there and probably the bulk of the NFL and its fans are following.

I would say barring some real medical reason for his hGC to be so high the test results look pretty damning. At this point its on Brian to find an explanation. of course that's my IMO.

In the mean time do I think he's a bad guy? Do I think he deserves to be raked over the coals? Am I any less a fan?

The answer to all of the above is no.

I believe that Cushing responded that one of his main concerns is his health and something like “Why this substance repeatedly comes up.” Did I not hear this correctly?

Yeah, I heard that, too.

Little off. I have it on DVR.

Question was "are you finished with the league, just going to move on and worry about your health?"

Cushing: "Yeah, the attention is toward myself right now and why this is happening."

Little off. I have it on DVR.

Question was "are you finished with the league, just going to move on and worry about your health?"

Cushing: "Yeah, the attention is toward myself right now and why this is happening."

No, he said something to the effect that the test "repeatedly" happens or something like that. I'm pretty sure he used the word "repeatedly".

Excuse me Dale, and no offense intended(which means it will offend), but that is the dumbest thing I ever heard out of your mouth. Its a logical way of looking at things. It's like Michael Irvin. Loved him as a player but thought he was way over his head with drugs, etc. When he got busted post-career and claimed his cousins stash just happened to be in the car, do you think I bought it?No. Just stop the dumb comments. The Cowboys have nothing to do with this. Aren't busts like this why you stopped being one of their fans when you weren't born yet? Go look at the arrest thread in the NFL section. You'll see how dumb the comments are. Stay on topic. I didn't know it was required to have the same rooting opinion when it came to a team. I laid out a sane, rational argument.

I wasn't offended. And, I have no problem with your argument. That being said, you are a Cowboy fan and I look for opportunities to rib Cowboy fans, particularly in a football-specific forum like this.

HoustonFrog is a Cowboy fan, right? So, his only hope as a fan is to tear down the morality of everyone in the NFL so that he doesn't feel so dirty rooting for that appalling team of his.

Dale, surely you are joking! Frog is a Cowboy fan, but also one of the most respected members of this board. I've never known him to be anything but fair, and he backs up his post with facts and logic. That really was kind of a MEAN post! Just saying!

Dale, surely you are joking! Frog is a Cowboy fan, but also one of the most respected members of this board. I've never known him to be anything but fair, and he backs up his post with facts and logic. That really was kind of a MEAN post! Just saying!

Wow! You don't see those words together in a sentence very often. Is it April 1st or did I just see a pig fly?

Weak dude. Just weak.

You know you could add something to the discussion instead of relegating yourself to the side taking shots at people.

Right. Because I haven't added anything, all my 100 or so posts about Cushing have just been taking shots at people.

Yet you felt the need to single me out for not contributing. How did your post contribute? Talk about weak.

If he was under the assumption that he was playing with a Tumor last year, why didn't he get checked out last season for it. This whole thing just sounds suspicious to me.

Thanks SheTexan. :) I just have a very compartmentalized way of thinking on these things. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I think Cushing is one of the best things to happen to the team as far as toughness and attitude. But when it comes to this event, I'm just following what I see until proven otherwise.

Well was it 5 or was it 8? Get your facts straight asshole.

flying-cat-fight.jpg

CAT FIGHT!!!!

HoustonFrog said:
Excuse me Dale, and no offense intended(which means it will offend), but that is the dumbest thing I ever heard out of your mouth. Its a logical way of looking at things. It's like Michael Irvin. Loved him as a player but thought he was way over his head with drugs, etc. When he got busted post-career and claimed his cousins stash just happened to be in the car, do you think I bought it?No. Just stop the dumb comments. The Cowboys have nothing to do with this. Aren't busts like this why you stopped being one of their fans when you weren't born yet? Go look at the arrest thread in the NFL section. You'll see how dumb the comments are. Stay on topic. I didn't know it was required to have the same rooting opinion when it came to a team. I laid out a sane, rational argument.

Lol. Your cowboy response button is so easy to locate, it can be pushed through the Internet.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Cushing thing is bringing out the best in our fans. I've never seen so much drama on these boards before. Not even HBO could write this.

Lol. Your cowboy response button is so easy to locate, it can be pushed through the Internet.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a Cowboy response button. It's a "Dale Response Button Regarding Random Posts That Make No Sense and Are Off Topic." I'll talk Cowboys quite nicely, thank you :toast2:

If it quacks, has webbed feet and swims around a pond, I'll go out on a limb and say its a duck. :devilpig:

Member the good old offseason days when posters were moaning about nothing to post about? That seems ages ago...

well he's guilty

1.if he was truely innocent, he'd have the best lawyers suing the nfl for false test because this false test is going to cost him MILLIONS in endorsements via probowl/contract incentives/commercial...he'd also be suing to remove his suspension

2.his conference he is reading a script. to make it worse,the questions from the select few was also scripted because he read the answers from a script also. how would the answers be written down unless he already knew what the questions were going to be? the whole thing questions/answers was a pr stunt

3.i actually fell for it at first,the whole cancer thing ,until i notice he kept reading his script

Before we all gather round the campfire with cushing and comisserate with him, lets not forget that he's had almost a year since his initial positive test to consult with doctors and so far has apparently found no reason for his elevated hcg levels.

Im not saying Cushing is a liar. The human body is more complex than our minds can grasp, and sometimes there are biological phenomenon that defy convention. However, he's known for a year that he tested high for hcg. And has yet to find a biological cause.

He's denying that it was something he took on purpose.

So either:

1) There is some kind of new biological phenomenon causing his elevated hcg that no doctors can diagnose or locate
2) He unknowingly took something which caused his elevated hcg
3) He's lying, and he took hcg on purpose

None of those 3 are good options. We seem to be taking him at his word, which is commendable. But a year of working with the best doctors in houston and finding nothing... eh.... Its happened before, but its rare

well he's guilty

1.he was truely innocent, he'd have the best lawyers suing the nfl for false test because this false test is going to cost him MILLIONS in endorsements via probowl/contract incentives/commercial

2.his conference he is reading a script. to make it worse,the questions from the select few was also scripted because he read the answers from a script also. how would the answers be written down unless he already knew what the questions were going to be? the whole thing questions/answers was a pr stunt

3.i actually fell for it the whole cancer thing until i notice he kept reading his script

1. He still might file a lawsuit. He has only know about the suspensions for what a week?

2.PR stunt is just another for press conference

The only fact that has been estabilished is that he failed the test. As to what the results mean. That is still up for debate.

well he's guilty

1.he was truely innocent, he'd have the best lawyers suing the nfl for false test because this false test is going to cost him MILLIONS in endorsements via probowl/contract incentives/commercial

3.i actually fell for it the whole cancer thing until i notice he kept reading his script

I don't think the questions were scripted nor were the answers written down. And everyone usually prepares a statement to be organized. I disagree with everything you said except #1. That's a good question, why not go after the league.

But let's ask this question, why even come out and speak about it, release a statement through your agent in print and be done. Why stand in front of people and come out re-affirming that you are clean. It's a waste of time, if you're dirty just move on.

I don't think your assertion it was all PR stunt is even remotely possible.

I think he is lying. Sorry. Too much compelling evidence. The strong rumors that his Dad was giving him roids in HS to the visual evidence, to GM's saying their research indicated a roid head to the actual failure and suspension. This doesn't pass the smell test.

I'm really disapointed and I hope he gets off the stuff.

Cushing is lying big time. There was a doctor on sirius yesterday and he said hcg is a female fertility drug. Everyone produces it, but most times its used in between cycles to tell the nuts to start producing testosterone. When you do stroids, you nuts stop producing test and are in shock. You take hcg to bring the nuts out of shock and start producing again. Once you stop taking it, it leaves the body. Cushing knows why he had the substance because people use it between cycles.

Watch the video. He seems like he's telling the truth. Thats just my gut feeling, from watching him.

The thing that gets me is why isn't he releasing the "compelling scientific and medical data" that he keeps referring to over and over again. He keeps saying that he's shocked his appeal was denied, so why not take that evidence public?

If he has compelling medical evidence, why doesn't he know whether he has tumors or not? If he does, then his appeal wouldve been accepted. If he doesn't, whats his compelling medical evidence?

Back