Cushing mid-season All-Pro!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JB, Nov 11, 2009.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Good to see Texans getting some respect. AJ is on the offense and BC is the lone rookie on the squad.

ESPN.com's midseason All-Pro squad was compiled after discussions with about a dozen general managers, personnel directors and pro scouts, and some consultation with the folks at Scouts Inc.

Brian Cushing, SLB, Houston Texans

Reasoning: He's the lone rookie on the All-Pro team, and Cushing's outstanding all-around performance has earned him a spot. Unofficially, he has registered 78 tackles, and also has 1.5 sacks and two interceptions. He's hardly been overwhelmed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4642533

2. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Simply amazing.

3. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Bust! ;)

4. indiantexan

indiantexan Veteran

workout warrior....roid head....injury prone

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Did anyone see his twitter?

While most of the players are going on trips or taking a break from the season during their bye, Cushing is traveling to USC to train and is brining Titans film with him!

Hopefully they'll motivate him to bring the hurt to VY

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What a wuss. Can't even get through his rookie season without needing accolades. :)

7. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

Not according to everyone's boy, Peter King via Twitter:

@SI_PeterKing how does brian cushing not make your all-pro team?

@alexdbrewer:... Because James Harrison and Dumervil are better.

8. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Peter King's Twitter privileges should be revoked.

9. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I tweeted King back after this

Me - @SI_PeterKing Cant compare Doom & J_Harrison to Cush...Those 2 are stand up DE's, Cush is a coverage 4-3 OLB

I also told him Cush is the best 4-3 SAM in the game right now

10. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Cushing has simply been a pleasure to watch this year. I love having this guy on our team. I think that Cushing has been the best draft pick the Texans have ever made when you consider where we drafted him in the 1st. The only guy that I would argue might have been a better pick is Andre so I'll call it a push.

Cushing is freaking lightning and thunder mixed in one though. I was watching him in the last game and he was involved on every single tackle somehow, every pass that was defended he was either knocking it down himself or right there in coverage making it more difficult on the QB, or he was disrupting the backfield. He covers the entire field so well where is starting to remind me of Ray Lewis with the sideline to sideline action. I freaking love this kid. Cushing will not only win ROTY, but he will probably become a pro bowler as a rookie as well. Mario is a great player and all, but right now I'd have to say that Cushing is our best player on defense.

11. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

Cush getting the love!! Very well deserved, Andre is also on that list if you click over to the Offensive picks

12. False Start

False Start On # 69

Fricking sweet!

I admit I was not 100% in love with the pick, but then again I wasn't absolutely pi$$ed when we selected him. I had my doubts about his durability, and adjusting to the speed of the game. Time will tell if he can continue to play at this level.

I'm stoked to have him on our team. I've always thought that a bad a$$ set of LBs were the most intimidating thing in football, now it looks like the Texans are on their way to building just that.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

other than roid remark - all true.

I'm currently reading ROMO w/adam schefter & phil towle. not to be taken in a negative vein.....can't express this strong enough. it's about integrety & commitment to being the best of the best, can't blame Texas football fans for disliking USC either. the problem with evaluating talent in a program loaded with elite athletes is choosing between them, they had three very talented LB's we all fought over which one to take.

Nutrition is so important to athletes & fans alike if you think about? things like hyperaric chambers, extensive gym regiments w/cutting edge supplements is not. I really feel Bill Romanowski aka "ROMO" was the orginal modern day athlete who pushed the envelope & was not afraid to try anything without regard for his body, like a lab rat so athletes today can move forward to the next level without suffering the same dangers. Brian is a prime example of his sacrifices & represents a next level athlete building on personel sacrifices.

Does he belong in the Pro-Bowl? based on his perfomance on the field, its a resounding yes sir. did anyone else catch the convestation he had with Peyton Manning after the game? what would you imagine that conversation was all about? nice game, yada yada yaday or peyton- "man great game you really shut us down in the 2nd half, your a tough match-up already. I'll see you again" Brian- "it was awesome to face the best, you made things tough for me, next time I'll have to be better prepared."

14. 50boys

50boys Rookie

Damn, and would could of had Clay Matthews. Way to go Texans.

15. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Cushing has brought a mean streak to the team that they haven't had ever before. For him to come in and miss an entire preseason and play lights out since the get go is remarkable IMO. You don't see that very often in any league and I don't care if he played in the same type of D at USC what he is doing in his rookie season in the NFL is flat out impressive. He has completed the LB corps and driven the guys around to pick up their level of play and create a true winning atmosphere for the first time ever in franchise history. JJ has improved light years but Cush has come in from college and raised the stakes much higher than ever before and not to take anythhing away from Ryans who is having a good season thus far but Cush is slowly becoming the new leader of the D IMO. Way to go Cush keep up the great work you truely are a beast.

16. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

Extremely well deserved, Cushing has slotted seamlessly into the pro game. Great talent.

17. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Wasn't he a frosh on the USC team that U-T (starring VY) beat for the 2005 BCS National Beauty Pagent ...err, Championship

you think Cushing needs more motivation than that?
    okay, maybe so

18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I think he was a only a freshman that season.

19. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

Nah. Demeco is the Captain of that ship, but Cushing is a hell
    of a First Mate. Cushing even credits Demeco for his fast development,
    as it's Demeco's job to make sure the Front Seven does its job before
    the snap.

20. AndreRulz

AndreRulz Veteran

I just glad we have 3 great players in our front 7.
    DeMeco is great and being able to play with and learn from him has helped Cushing turn into one heck of a rookie LB and may soon surpass DeMeco.
    Mario will always be a beast, but its good to see a solid cast around him too.