Cushing and Matthews Positive for Steriods

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by ArlingtonTexan, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

2. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Veteran

Well that narrows down the list.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I wonder how long it'll take for NFL network to pull their "Brian Cushing" path to the draft spot. (you know the one where it just shows him pounding wieghts.

4. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Tyrone McKenzie in the 2nd, here we come. LOL

(I don't think this will affect our draft plans at all)

5. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I want one of the major, credible networks to confirm this. This website also reported than Vontae Davis and Percy Harvin tested positive for marijuana which hasn't been broken yet, so who knows. Interestingly enough, Cushing said that he tested negative at the combine so someone is lying.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Well if this is true, I pray Malcolm Jenkins falls to us, because after him there's not really a bonified defensive player worth taking at our spot.

7. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Beenie Wells is starting to look better and better dont you think? :stirpot:

On the bright side now maybe we can gt Mathews with a second round pick.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  8. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

I'd take the Phonz. He's really impressed with all of his work outs, along with his monster college production. I have him as the 18th best player in the draft at this point.

9. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Its really fascinating, isn't it? A man who rams his SUV into a vehicle occupied by his wife and child, or and a man who tests positive for roids. Whats the difference, you ask? Signability for the Texans apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Riley

10. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i heard raji tested positive for marijuana at the combine... hadnt heard about this

11. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Sounds like some pre-draft posturing by a team who wants one of these guys to drop to them. Gotta love the draft!

12. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Interesting. This story will go on for a few weeks...

13. dsorc

dsorc Veteran

But if it was a team floating this out, every other team would know it was fake. We are not privy to the combine test results but I have to believe that all the teams already know who tested positive and for what. It might affect draftniks but I doubt this affects teams drafting philosophies unless it's true.

14. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Three weeks out and there's five different unconfirmed reports on five guys ? And four of them are started by this guy ? Never did figure out who started the rumor on Warren Sapp did we ?

First, you gotta believe a guy....who doesn't post his name on the web or his work.....has access to an NFL source. Second that an NFL source.....would risk getting caught, especially after the Vincent Young fiacso.....reporting this info.....with this comisioner....this head hunting commissioner to a guy who doesn't post his name on his work. If it's true all five guys are off our board no doubt. If it's true. Don't blame them. Millions of dollars involed....if you're not cheating, you're not trying to win hard enough.

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

16. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I'm tired of people making that excuse for them. I could kill someone for the insurance would that be ok? It's illegal, but I'm only trying to make some money.

17. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Yikes... so I've got one of my guys smoking the mary jane (Raji) and another of my favorites supposedly shooting up roids (Matthews). $10 next week, this guy releases a rumor Michael Oher eats babies or something.

Cushing has been on record saying he never failed a test at USC and stated at the Combine he doesn't do steroids. Now there are ways I guess he could get around the tests given while at USC.

Now are these allegations strictly for steroids or for performance enhancing drugs? Or are the tests for things that mask the use of steroids/performance enhancers. I don't want to go to a trash website like that while I'm at work. I hope these rumors prove to be false.

18. Htownsportsfan

Htownsportsfan All Pro

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Well I've heard of Matthews making a pro white athlete website with a picture of a black baby or something before. Alot of things are going to leak on these guys.

20. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I hope it isn't true as well, but these are two guys who grew alot in a very few years.