Crystal Ball: Texans 2009 SB Champs!!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Tailgate, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

If Fox Sports predicts it... then it must be true!!

Link

2. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

LoL...They've got the Rockets winning the 07 NBA Finals too...

3. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

hey..... who is going to argue against a crystal ball? I mean Mrs Cleo said I was going to be a millionaire by age 30. No arguments here..... man I can't wait! :banana: lol

4. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

HAHA 2009 why so long ??? i predict 2006 texans SB champs !

5. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

Ah yes, optimism beats eternal in the human breast. We need to plug in a few more players, IMO. I'm beginning to think we also need a better head coach. However, I would love to be wrong.

6. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

So....the Texans will be the 1st team to win the Super Bowl on their home field!!
    (if we get the 2009 Super Bowl) :banana:

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

They actually predict us going to the SB in 2010 as well :) but we lose to the seahawks.

Apparently.. we are going to be the sheet in 5 years.

BTW.. the fact that we play the bears in 2009 just totally shoots that prediction down.

8. KeithBulluck53

KeithBulluck53 Rookie

they have the eagles turning into a dynasty lol

9. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Not so fast my friend. Lovie Smith turned that defense around in just one season. This season proved that they need to get a stud WR and a solid backup QB. Thomas Jones was doing really well when Rex Grossman was healthy early in the year.

The key to employing the Ram's/Chief's offense is an accurate QB (Grossman), a versatile RB (Jones), and some good targets that stretch the field (?). The shortcoming of the Chiefs offensively in the playoffs has been their lack of WR's. Hopefully the Bears learn from that. The Bears should use their #4 overall pick on one, probably Mike Williams.

With a healthy Thomas and Grossman and some additional weapons on offense, I could see them in the SB in 2009 (2008 season).

10. texan2061

texan2061 Rookie

Until the Texans get a quarterback, I don't see a Superbowl in 2009. I see another losing season.

11. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

We will see you after next season. Carr will be just fine.

12. texan2061

texan2061 Rookie

I'm willing to bet money on it.

13. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

get another quarterback, are you joking? Carr was the man in a lot of categories this year placing in the top ten, with a botchy line... when the line was performing in the beggining of the year, he was second in the league in passing yards, only to Culpepper, and had a QB rating over 100... i hate people that come on here, claim to be fans and then dis the franchise QB

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I've said plenty of negative things about our franchise QB and I consider myself a fan.

15. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

really? willing to bet money on what? that Carr wont be our quarterback or that we wont post a winning season next year?

Nevermind.. i dont want to know.. anyone who says Carr is not a talented young QB has blinders on. He is our franchise QB.. get used to it.. and i hope you are man enough to back him up after he proves you wrong.. repeatedly.

16. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

but ever to the point that we need to get rid of him?

17. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Critiquing Carr is one thing. Ive made comments about Carr in the past.. such as his accuracy when throwing sidearm.. and wondering whether or not he had control of the offense.

But ive never questioned his ability to be OUR GUY. Hell.. the guy has better stats through his first 3 seasons than many of the best QBs to play the game in the last 3 decades.

The ONLY thing you can really question Carr on.. is his ability under pressure (meaning.. sackers breathing down his neck).. and his field vision. Those are the only two things he has NOT proven he is great at yet. He has shown he is fast, he is smart, he is strong, durable, capable of leading, competitive, and just all around talented. The thing is.. his ability under pressure and field vision are both things that tie directy into the play of our offensive line.

SO.. you cannot logically claim that he is not our guy. You can be skeptical.. but anyone who says we need another QB.. honestly.. is either ignorant of the facts or just trying to start a fight.

18. Vinny

No, but opinions are opinions. If one guy has that opinion....well, thats his opinion. That doesn't mean he isn't a fan of the team. I see plenty of Capers or Gaffney, or Pitts, or Palmer bashers too....that doesn't make them non-fans either.

19. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

exactly grid... everyone critics, but to say to get rid of someone, when they are not performing is one thing ... but to say to get rid of a player when he is clearly a leader, and has given a lot to help this team succeed is ludacris... isnt not like we drafted Ryan Leaf here, we have a tremendous talent in Carr

20. Vinny

Ludacris is a rap band. Ludicrous means absurd.

*my spelling blows so I'm not knocking you...I just have a thing about pop culture words replacing real words.