Crank up the Chronicle's Propaganda Machine

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by J_R, Aug 3, 2010.

1. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Please move/lock if necessary, thanks.

From the Houston Press:

Read the rest

Lucky likes this.
  2. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

The Texans played a "soft" schedule? Who knew?

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

BAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I don't read the Chron!! Just wait until we play the Cowboys and the meatballs!! We'll be the pop warner team playing SB bound teams, as far as they're concerned!! I detest MOST of their sports writers and will not subscribe to that ragsheet again until Richard Justice is GONE!! I don't need it to get info on my Texans!!!

4. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Its actually from the Houston press. THERE you will find the bottom of the barrel.

5. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Who have you found that covers the Texans as much and has new news on the team?

6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

This board, Stephanie Stradley, Lance Zierlein, AJ Burge @ the Examiner, John Harris @1560, Diehard Chris, and the list goes on...

7. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

You ain't lying. The Houston Press makes douches like Dickie Justice look like Pulitzer Prize writers.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I've heard this countless times over the past 2 seasons. The owner said as much last week. I would just like to hear from the Kubiak apologists that Gary has made mistakes and needs to get better. Just as Mario, Amobi, and the rest need to improve. Kubiak is treated like a child by the apologists. "Gary's talking!" "He's walking, he's taking his first steps!" "Look, little Gary has his first tooth! He's so cute."

I just want Kubiak to be treated like an NFL head coach. I don't care how far the team has come. I don't care if they're making incremental improvements. I don't care about the injuries. I care about winning and winning in the playoffs. If it takes pulling a rabbit out of his hat, then Gary Kubiak needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

9. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Kubiak is an NFL head coach. He's a good NFL head coach. He makes mistakes. All head coaches make mistakes. He needs to get us to the playoffs and he needs to win games once he gets there.

But there's no reason to poo-poo the strides this team has made while he's been the head coach.

Brando, Texans_Chick and JB like this.
  10. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Gary Kubiak has made mistakes and needs to get better. And to go a step further, he needs to be a little more daring in his play-calling.

there... I said it.

but I kinda thought all that went without saying. All coaches make mistakes. Otherwise, they'd never make a wrong draft pick or ever get beat.

11. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Very well said TPN! Thanks! I think that sometimes our desires overcome our sensibilities. Kubiak has done a very good job with what he has been given to work with, overall. Yep, he has made a lot of mistakes. But for the most part, his schemes have put the players in the right position to make a play, if they dont' have their head up their ass. (re: the CJ uncovered TD).

However, if you don't achieve perfection you are obviously garbage because there are 31 other teams out there that are doing what you should be every year. :sarcasm: if you needed it...

12. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Ya I use all of these as well(other than radio because I am in LA) but I will say that the chronicle has more news type of things on the team compared to coverage/debates/etc.

13. zanth91

zanth91 Rookie

Last season, the Texans offense was one of the most aggressive offenses in the league mainly due to the poor running game. How do you expect them to be more "daring" without making a lot more mistakes? I think that would be a step back.

14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

After many years, I discontinued the Chronicle yesterday.

15. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

16. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Just for the record I have always thought good coaches do not make a lot of mishaps but maybe I am wrong.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Wow...

I consider myself a Kubiak apologist. Yet I've always acknowledged Kubiak has made some mistakes, and that he himself is a work in progress as a head coach.

I even mentioned once (a long, long time ago) that we were sold a bill of goods, when McNair told us that Kubiak was ready when he hired him.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That was a really good article. I hope people don't look at "do or die" and think it's "play-offs or bust" meaning Kubiak is fired if it doesn't happen.

Not that I'm opposed to Kubiak getting fired, well, ok, I am. I'm just saying it would be nice to have something stronger than that to suggest McNair is ready to pull the trigger when the time comes.

I was watching America's game on NFLNetwork. Irvin was saying how Jimmy Johnson would tell his team, "if you find yourself in a fight with a gorilla, you've got to walk up to him, and punch him in the mouth."

It would be nice if our coach would say things like that.

19. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

:facepalm:

Ok, I don't want to turn this into the 3rd annual "What will it take for Kubiak to be fired/keep his job" thread. But come on! What could "do or die" possibly mean other than "play-offs or bust"? Even Kubiak gets that.

20. Sluggo

Sluggo Rookie

The team needs to win a minimum of ten games. Yes the schedule is brutal but the Texans are trying to show they deserve a seat at the adult table. I had no issue bringing Kubiak back for another season. Too often "fire the coach" is a knee jerk reaction. The team has clearly made strides from when he took over and I think blowing everything up and starting over needs to be a last option. Now the team is at a place in its development under Gary Kubiak that termination will be the last option if the team treads water one more season, doesn't improve won/lost record within the division, or goes backwards.
    Some people got their shorts in a wad over the fact that McNair extended Kubiak with a multiyear contract, but anyone who follows the league knows that means nothing. It is very difficult for a coach with one year on his contract - basically a "lame duck' with no show of confidence from the owner - to have any credibility within the locker room. McNair, if he was going to keep his head coach around, had to give a multiyear extention. To do anything less would have been unfair; undermining his man.

Regardless of what Kubiak has left on his contract, this is the year. The team clearly makes a leap foreward - schedule be damned - or the house gets cleaned. Again.