Crabtree to enter 2010 Draft?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gwallaia, Aug 6, 2009.

1. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

He would be awesome lined up opposite AJ!:specnatz:

The ridiculousness of a guy who’s never caught a professional pass deeming $20-something million “unacceptable” is a testament to the troublesome way the NFL pays its rookies. A sense of youthful entitlement combines with a flawed structure so that the unproven rookie often makes more than the veteran All-Pro

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-michaelcrabtree080609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

I believe his cousin, who is also an "advisor", said this, not Crabtree or his agent. His agent has denied holding out and apparently Crabtree has been with the team, though still recovering and not an active participant.

If it's true though, Crabtree is going to be in for a major surprise when he doesn't get drafted in the first 3 rounds because teams aren't going to want to deal with his BS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4381335

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

wow..unreal..if they want to play hardball

maybe every rookie should get a guaranteed base salary (staggered by round picked) and loaded with incentives

4. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

That's just momumentally stupid.

It would be funny to see him hold out all year and enter next year's draft. I'd be willing to bet he'd like back a lot further then 10.

5. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

This is based on mock drafts! If he wins and plays this year, I bet he gets his punk ass drilled on the field by some of these lesser paid veteran defensive backs.

6. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

i can c y he wasn't taken as the 1st wr..i would take a tier two WR with a good attitude over a top tier with a bad attitude and character issues (ie: Crabtree)

7. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Raiders aren't looking too foolish now.

8. ESAD2-14

ESAD2-14 TexanAmerican

Wonder how much $$ his cousin/adviser thinks Crabtree is going to cut him on when or if he signs his deal. Probably just cost himself a good chunk of change if Crabtree or his agent have not said anything of the sort concerning payment based off of Mock Drafts.

Then again instances like this only make the case stronger for instituting rookie salaries.

9. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4381335

Cousin and adviser; sounds like a great plan.

10. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/010809/spo_375124880.shtml

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I'm jealous

signed
    [​IMG]

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Unfortunately, I hear Hayward-Bey is dropping passes left and right.

13. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

crabtrees empty spot hasnt caught a pass yet

Stemp likes this.
  14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

The NFL is the only business that unproven rookies out of college can demand their price with their new employer. The idea that a rookie that's never played a down of NFL ball making the most money on a team is crazy ridiculous. The time has come to overhaul the system. This is just stupid money at this point for guys that have proven absolutely nothing but what agent they chose.

15. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

It happens in baseball too. It's just not as ridiculous as the NFL.

Double Barrel likes this.
  16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.

17. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

That might actually be sig worthy :shades:

But I think I'll stick with the crunkatude.

Vinny likes this.
  18. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

Diva, girl, DIVA!!! (snapping fingers in a z-pattern and rolling head in a circle with off hand on hip). Wow, no wonder why 9 teams passed on him. There was a report that came out during OTAs that Crabtree was late for a meeting. Singletary, being the cremepuff of a coach he is, makes the entire team run extra for it. Crabtree doesn't even as much apologize to his teammates. What a clown! Too bad for the 9ers and their fans. They just drafted T.O. version2.0!

19. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Misleading subject title. I had heard about his cousin err esteemed adviser saying that he would re-enter the draft but not that he had decided to do it. This cousin is a moron. No stupider words had ever been spoken.

That guy actually cost Crabtree money because now Crab looks like a moron and the 49ers are letting the public get a look at what this guy is asking for without them having to get their hands dirty. Now Crabtree loses all sympathy publically and the pressure is off the 49ers management to meet his ridiculous demands.

There is NO way that Crabtree goes back into the draft in 2010. His stock would plummet like no other and needless to say Front Offices around the league wouldn't be chomping at the bit to get the guy signed. This is the worst bluff of all time. Even if Crabtree worked out great (which he has yet to do) he would be selected no earlier than #15 overall. I could even see him drop to the late 1st Round if the guy proved to be dumb enough to sit out.

He is trying to pull an Elway but Elway had a fallback plan. Pitch for the Yankees. Elway was an insane pitching prospect and already had contract ready to be signed if the Colts drafted him. Crabtree is just bitter because Al Davis gave him the finger and he wasn't #1 WR in the draft. He knows that cost him millions and he only has himself and his lack of quality workouts to blame.

I hope he does do the insane thing and go into the draft though. Oh man, how the mighty would fall.

20. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

LOL. Oh man, Im loving this. I'll admit, I did want the Raiders to draft Cashtree, and was po'ed for a while when we drafted DHB. But I really think DHB has potential...and from what I have heard/read DHB is dropping less and less balls by the day.

IF Crabs enters the 2010 draft...I have a feeling good ol' Al might take him:gun:.