Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cowher might not wanna coach this year.

stingray

Hall of Fame
I was hearing Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday and he was saying that he thinks that Cowher doesn't wanna coach this year. That he wants to give it one more year. Kirwan thinks that's it's still too close to his wife's death to take on all that responsibilty.

Do you think that maybe Mcnair talked to Cowher and got that sense? Maybe he wants to wait for him until next year and decided to keep Kubiak one more year since it makes no sense in hiring a coach for only one year.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
I was hearing Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday and he was saying that he thinks that Cowher doesn't wanna coach this year. That he wants to give it one more year. Kirwan thinks that's it's still too close to his wife's death to take on all that responsibilty.

Do you think that maybe Mcnair talked to Cowher and got that sense? Maybe he wants to wait for him until next year and decided to keep Kubiak one more year since it makes no sense in hiring a coach for only one year.
No, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants talked to him.

I think Cowher really wanted the Giants or Texans' jobs and those are now not options for him. Miami does not look like a great option becuase the Pats and Jets look formidable. The Browns job means he has to play his Steelers twice, and he doesn';t want to do that. He also has no desire to coach for Darth Vader. That just leaves the Denver job. While interesting, word is Bowlin does not want to pay big $ (as he is already still playing Shanny and likely McDaniels).

So, yeah I can see why he would not want to come back. Come back to what?!

He did the same thing last year. He was rumored to want Carolina and the Texans jobs. Right after John Fox was retained, he kept quiet. The very DAY Gary Kubiak was retained, he released a statement denying he wanted to come back to coaching.

Now, I do believe that getting over his wife's death is very difficult. He may not be ready to coach again.

But trust me: This man wants the Texans job BAD.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I'm not saying this because of my disdain for Kubes the Coach Not The Person, but I really think if McNair called him, with the talent level and opened his checkbook and all he would coach the Texans. I think Cowher is all about the right team contacting him. If the right team doesn't he makes like he never wanted to come back that year,

Supposedly he talked to Miami and couldn't get the control he wanted to kick the GM and DC out. But rumors are rumors.
If that is true, that will be a sticking point in many jobs.

1) Denver: Bowlin gave Shanny mostly total control and it failed. He gave McDaniels total control and it failed. No way he gives total control to Cowher.

2. Oakland: Darth Vader gives total control to nobody

3. Cleveland just hired Holgrim to be the man in charge. No go for Cowher.

4. Carolina is a complete rebuild and they may not want to give him total control anyway.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Cowher wants to coach now and has wanted to coach since last season. Otherwise he wouldn't have been talking to the freaking Bills of all teams like he did. Cowher is smart and he's waiting for the perfect situation where things are the way he wants them to be, and that's exactly why he's the kind of guy that you want to hire. He wants to be here, but unfortunately we have a clown of an owner.

GP

Go Texans!
But trust me: This man wants the Texans job BAD.
I know, right?

Damn. I mean, this is year 2 that Cowher has said he wants to coach...and then, "Nope. I'm good. I'm staying in TV another year."

I mean, LOL!, if it isn't OBVIOUS by now that he's just waiting out the Kubiak era, then I don't know what to say about this to someone.

He keeps wanting the gig here, trying to do everything but showing up at McNair's house at 2 a.m. with roses and a bottle of wine, and the same thing keeps happening.

I think he's going to give up. I think, after 2011, he will officially give up on the idea of coming here. He will finally have had enough. He will get a dose of the medicine we've been taking for 9 years. Except he'll spit the medicine out.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
The owner of the Texans is too damned stupid to seize the opportunity. I think you're probably right GP and Cowher will look up next year after Gary & Wade win 8 or 9 games and McNair pronounces his toy "fixed" and Bill will say "Fine. I'm moving on" and that will be it.

But the last two years it's almost been

The owner of the Texans is too damned stupid to seize the opportunity. I think you're probably right GP and Cowher will look up next year after Gary & Wade win 8 or 9 games and McNair pronounces his toy "fixed" and Bill will say "Fine. I'm moving on" and that will be it.

LMAO!!!

Bill Cowher is salivating over taking over at Reliant. Friends of mine in other states are like, "No, he wants Carolina" or "No, he want's the Giants" or "No, he wants Miami."

No, he doesn't. He wants to be the head coach of the HOUSTON TEXANS.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog

Awesome!!

Agree. Bob wouldn't even contact him though...Gary is too important and might run to his room and ball up on his Princess bed. Then Daddy McNair will come up, spin a yarn about keeping his head up and they will hug like an afterschool special.

Reactions: GP

ubecool454

Veteran

I can understand Cowher not being mentally ready to coach right now....the guys wife died in July 2010 and I know he has to still be grieving.

ubecool454

Veteran
Cowher wants to coach now and has wanted to coach since last season. Otherwise he wouldn't have been talking to the freaking Bills of all teams like he did. Cowher is smart and he's waiting for the perfect situation where things are the way he wants them to be, and that's exactly why he's the kind of guy that you want to hire. He wants to be here, but unfortunately we have a clown of an owner.
I never meet a clown that is a Billionaire....just sayin

stingray

Hall of Fame
I can understand Cowher not being mentally ready to coach right now....the guys wife died in July 2010 and I know he has to still be grieving.
That's what I was thinking. Pat Kirwan talks to a lot of coaches and former coaches but will never disclose exactly what they talked about and he shouldn't. But he always offers clues about different situations and conversations. That's why I love listening to Moving The Chains. I learn more from that show than every other show on radio or tv combined.

GP

Go Texans!
Awesome!!

Agree. Bob wouldn't even contact him though...Gary is too important and might run to his room and ball up on his Princess bed. Then Daddy McNair will come up, spin a yarn about keeping his head up and they will hug like an afterschool special.
Oh man, I am seriously crying right now from laughing so hard. :lol:

"Ball up on his Princess bed..."

"Hug like an afterschool special..."

OMG, just so much good comedy in that post. Rep your way if it lets me.

:bravo: