Cowboys under pressure for quality win

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Oct 25, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Association of "quality" with "the Cowboys?"..........only by the blind (no offense to the blind).

LINK

2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'd say yesterday was quality win with a highlight reel play by Romo. With TCU winning and this I had a good weekend.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Definitely a quality win! With a quality performance from Romo...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

Miles Austin has as much yards in the last two games as Roy Williams has had in his amazing Cowboys career.

5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Roy is a prima donna in my book. So I'm glad Miles has busted out. Every week I read how he and Romo aren't on the same page or his time in Dallas hasn't been great because he feels he isn't contributing. There is a "whine" to it that I don't like.

6. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

Roy Williams has been overrated since his college days. The fact that the Cowboys gave the Lions a first round pick shows why Jerry Jones needs to hire a real gm and stop playing like he knows what he is doing when it comes to player transactions.

7. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Austin is just making plays right now..and the Cowboys were desperate for a playmaking WR.

And Roy needs to start catching balls thrown right to him. Although he did have a nice catch yest.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Agree. I think they gave up too much and I'd rather have gone after Boldin but at the time they needed more. But Roy's attitude seems horrible. Just his weekly quotes are nothing but veiled little jabs aboput getting the ball, etc. It's strange. Hopefully he will start to pick it up with Austin spreading the field.

9. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I really haven't heard Roy say much but yea he needs to just play...I've heard Crayton speak out but he speaks out about everything it seems.

Roy is a Jerry pet project. I heard him talking about Roy at least 2 years ago..he's always wanted him and he was silly to go for that deal. But that's Jerry.

If I was Tony I'd just keep throwing to Austin. The guy is a touchdown machine right now.

And to be honest it was Tony's errant throw to Roy that busted up his ribs in the Broncos game.

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

And a Texans win! :foottap:

11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

True!

Here is the type quote I was talking about...there just seems to be a negative tinge to it

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/10/wr-roy-williams-says-that-sometimes-you.html

12. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Yea that is whining.

Tony just needs to keep throwing to Austin till somebody stops him.

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Exactly...I just took that as a given on this board :). Now I only won 1 of 2 fantasy games so that one put a little damper but not too bad.