Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cowboys trade?

jacquescas

Veteran
Did the trade for Henson have any provisions with playing time? Now that Carter is gone he has moved up to second on the depth chart. Vinny still has to make it through the preseason, and with his age an injury isn't unheard of.

If Henson has to start 10 or 11 games will that bump something in that trade to move that 3rd round pick to a second or first rounder?

I dont remember if there were any restrictions on the deal. anyone remember? i could very well be wrong.

I about 98% certain that the trade did not include any playing time provisions.

I think I rember their being an additional late round pick associated with playing time that Henson did not figure to get.

It was a 3rd round pick and that is it. No escalator clauses in the trade, but Henson does have some years of his contract voided if he plays a certain amount of snaps....

I was wrong this if from espn
espn said:
The Houston Texans have traded the rights to quarterback Drew Henson to the Dallas Cowboys for a third-round draft choice in the 2005 NFL draft, ESPN.com has learned.

Henson and the Cowboys agreed on an eight-year contract that will void to four years with modest playing time. In all eight years of the deal, the former New York Yankees third baseman will make a guaranteed minimum salary. In 2004, Henson's salary will be $238,000.

Henson, however, is guaranteed at least $3.5 million over the next four years through a roster bonus that will trigger after any season in which he meets the predetermined playing time level. The Dallas Morning News reports that Henson will receive that bonus and void the last four years of the deal if he plays just 15 percent of the team's snaps in 2004. Henson's deal also has a $1 million escalator clause. The paper reports that clause will be triggered if Henson plays 70 percent of the team's snaps in any of his first three seasons.

There are no conditions that will elevate the draft pick to a higher round based on Henson's performance.

The player was traded from the Texans and the question is inquiring whether the Texans could recieve some extra picks. While close to the borderline, I will leave it.

If another Mod disagrees, he is welcome to move the thread.

Vinney (not our Vinney, the Cowboy's Vinney), is defiinitely getting pretty long in the tooth. Wonder if they would be interested in one of our other backups to
Carr as their guy for the next 1-2 seasons until Henson is up to speed ? I was thinking along the lines of T.Banks. This is his last year under contract with us I believe - after that, he's free to pick and choose his next team. Ragone is our long-term #2 guy. Could we get another mid-round draft pick for Banks as we did with Henson, or maybe some important depth for another long NFL season ?

Joe Texan said:
And what part of this is about my Texans

Mods Please remove this **** from this section

Relax man. Cowboys mania is not transmitable through message boards.
:crazy:

The Cowboys cut Banks much the same way they cut Carter a few years ago. Only without the positive drug test. I doubt the Texans make any moves of that sort, and the Cowboys seem pretty content with their stable of QBs as it is now.

Joe Texan said:
And what part of this is about my Texans

Mods Please remove this **** from this section

Some things never change.

Cowboys getting busted and Joe crying about Cowboy conversation on HIS MB.

At least you didn't start this one like you did on the old MB.

Things really don't change at all. Cowboys fans get their bad news and for some reason need to come on here hoping that someone would care for them. LOL

well with one less quarterback on the Dallas roster, they are 1 injury away from playing unproven talent, and with a 40 year old previously injured Vinnie T, at the 1 spot its not unheard of.

Our 3rd round pick could easily move from the last 10 picks in the 3rd round to the first third of the 3rd round. a swing of 25 picks can make a huge difference.

Back