Cowboys to Deal With Phins

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 27, 2008.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

There is no way I'd draft McFadden and give up Barber. The draft is decently deep. You can grab a WR and a CB with your two picks. You can still get a Ray Rice type in the 2nd. We can also see how Tyson Thompson does. Just a bad move if this happens. I can see Jones doing it though.

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Stupid move if true by the Cowgirls. Sure McFadden might be a great prospect, but to give up a known in Barber plus both 1st round picks and possibly more is a bonehead move. Oh well, I won't be crying if it happens.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

guess they figure they basically made a trade of McFadden for Brady Quinn?

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I would think they'd want to bolster offensive line or secondary

5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Deja vu, Jerry, deja vu:

[​IMG]

6. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I read on another board about a possible interest in McFadden. I would prefer to address a few other needs such as a corner and another WR as I believe that Glenn's best days are behind him even if he doesn't retire. I like Barber, but think that we still need another good back to help e.g., Felix Jones. It appeared to me during the game against the Giants, that MBIII was somewhat exhausted after the first half. I like the way Peterson and Taylor works out for the Vikings, and hopefully we could come up with a similar plan.

7. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

i would rather have barber over Mcfadden any day, hes one of the most underrated players ina ll of footbal(barber)..... i would love for this to happen, but thats cuz i hate the cowboys......

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I've repeated it 50 times on here and other boards but the draft is set up well for their needs. They can grab a WR and CB, their two biggest needs. Glen not only is older but he is having another surgery and is probably gone. TO is the same age at 34. They need to get younger. SB definitely too. They can still grab a RB in Rd 2 and they actually still have Tyson Thompson too if JJ doesn't come back. Barber is the toughness that the team sometimes lacks.

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Jerry Jones' man love for McFadden rivals the man love that half the city of Houston had (in some cases still has) for Vince Young

10. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

Jones said 9 months ago that he likes McFadden so suddenly everyone thinks he's willing to do absolutely whatever it takes to get him.

the math doesn't work. the logic doesn't work. not happening. at least not with Miami. if McFadden falls a bit, then maybe.

11. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I hope they'd do it. I'd laugh so hard.

12. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

I co-sign this statement.

If it is a not very bright move. I am all for the Cowboys doing it.

:fans:

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I agree and I think Mort has been desperate for news like this for a bit. I don't trust any of his reports when it comes to rumors.

14. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

May have worked with your old GM, but I have a feeling you guys wont be making those mistakes again.

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

McFadden is an offense changing player....He could impact a team like Peterson did this year with the Vikings. I don't see the Dolphins trading for a back....why would the Fins want Barber when they have Ronnie Brown anyway? They can find a complimentary back on the second day of the draft.

16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree. For me, that goes for anything espn. For things like this I'll take Schefter's word before anyone elses.

Schefter may not be correct all the time, but man, he's pretty dadgum good at what he does.

This is why I'm still leary on rumor of the Texans hiring Rhodes. Schefter hasn't even mentioned it as a possibility yet. :elle:

17. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

i dont understand why they would want Mcfadden when they have Barber? he is a monster, i would love to have him in a texans uniform, he knocks people out!!!

im with the guys who would be laughing at this move!!:texflag:

18. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Which is basically what you said about the Raiders passing on JaMarkus Russel last year there Kastofnsa ?

The deal makes sense....they've been one and done twice now. The WR #2 just may be hanging it up...they need a mule to hitch up the wagon and drag the star to the SB.They got depth by the bucket fulls. If the mule gets them to four conecutive SBs...it's not too high a price to pay.

And Miami is OLD. They need the transfusinon of tallent more than the need the sixty million dollar DE or OLT. Plus extra picks in thier back pocket....It puts Miami in the '09 sweeps for that no tallent heisman winner. They will control the '09 board.

So I called this awhile back do I win ?

Basiclly J.J. gets a splash for his new stadium and the Tuna gains controll over the '09 draft board with Teebow sitting ontop of it. From my prespective both guys get what they want. Egos fed.

19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I understand the fascination but the one thing they lacked this year at the end was a closing mentality and Barber has that toughness and mentaility. On the other hand if it is Barber and the 2 picks, Dallas would be way below the trade number value of picks...Barber would make that up. I just think Dallas needs WR and CB much more and they really could parlay the picks into more and have a Barber/2nd round pick RB combo if they want. I mean as I have said the rumor used to be that Tyson Thompson was as good as Julius but he fell a little bit out of favor the end of the year.

20. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

my sentiments exactly...