Cowboys send out playoff tickets

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Hookem Horns, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...playoff-tickets-package-season-ticket-holders

:mcnugget:

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Hall of Fame

Gotta get those fans fired up.

3. klockWork

klockWork All Pro

What a waste of ink and papers.

4. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

What happened? They cut Tony Romo?

5. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

6. Fred

Fred All Pro

Are the tickets dated in the 1970's or the 1990's?

7. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

To be fair, I still have a ticket to the AFC Championship game our Texans never played in.

8. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

From a financial standpoint, I love it. The last two years season ticket holders were given the option of reserving playoff tickets for $1 and if the team made the playoffs, we would receive an invoice. We didn't make the playoffs, so no great loss. They did mail the tickets in late December so they lost more in postage that we did for the reservation fee.

This year, they seem to have decided to save on postage as well and just sent everything at the same time. Same option, if we make the playoffs then pay the invoice, otherwise they will be offered on the open market. I'm not complaining.

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Isn't it always about hype and/or money?

10. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Actually, I think it's a pretty good idea. When your team is in the playoff hunt and invoices are sent out you currently have to buy those tickets (TO BOTH GAMES) even before your team has clinched. Don't make the playoffs, oh don't worry, we'll apply what you paid to next year's season tickets. Your welcome.

If I read this story right, your tickets are already in hand and don't become activated until your team clinches a home playoff game, at which time you pay for ONE game, not two. So now you only pay for what will be used instead of forking over a ton of money during the Christmas season and then your team doesn't even make the playoffs.

11. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

You are correct. The letter states "Also included in this packet are your 2014 playoff tickets and parking (if applicable) for two potential home games at ATT Stadium. The barcodes on the tickets will be activated when a home game is clinched and the tickets have been paid in full. To sign up for Pay As We Play, log into your account and sign up for playoff games only as they are clinched"

Another thing I like is that my PSL isn't automatically linked to purchasing playoff tickets. We are only responsible for playoff tickets if we don't take the option and the tickets don't sell, which is rare to non existent that playoff tickets don't sell at face value.