Cowboys & Phillips

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by BaylrBearBryant, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BaylrBearBryant

BaylrBearBryant Rookie

Has Wade got to go?

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Nah I think he went before the game.

gwallaia likes this.
  3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I'm more interested in what happens with Richard Smith than I am about the 'Girls problems.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

And yet you read this thread AND post in it. Interesting

5. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

wow. your first and only post on a texans mb is about the cowboys. ...

Showtime100 likes this.
  6. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Damn right. See, that way I do what I choose to do. Problem?

SheTexan likes this.
  7. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

THAT was the reason for my original response. You're on it, PD. :smiliedance:

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

LOL! Maybe that's what stunk up the place?.......Nah, it was the Cowpatties. :spit:

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Wade has infiltrated the enemy. Now he is exacting damage for all of the Houston Oilers and UH Coogs that hate the 'gurls. :tiphat:

10. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'll repeat what I repeated elsewhere to cover everything:)

1) Wade Phillips was another patsy hire after having Parcells. From Jimmy to Parcells they were patsies. I figured Jerry woke up and decided a football man needed to run it when he hired Parcells. They didn't win in the playoffs but they improved talent wise and on the field a great deal. Then he hands the reigns to a guy like Wade instead of creatively going for a guy like Rivera or someone like that. Wade is soft and looks lost at times. He couldn't handle Buffalo and now he is having trouble with more talent and the most pressurized expectations from a club.

2) Leadership. They have none. Individuals. Romo was never cut for the spotlight. Low key guy who is in a high profile position. He tries to laugh it off but now is being quite the puss with his act on the sidelines. His turnovers still happen and you can't get away with it in big games. Ware, Witten, Barber....why aren't they speaking out?No one is really wanting to step up

3) Talent--Yeah they have it but is the defensive talent a falsehood. Sure it is full of top picks but in general they have had trouble stopping teams since mid last season. Injuries hurt but guys like Carpenter, Canty and Spears have done nothing. Spencer too. The secondary is a wreck because 2 rookies are having to play and Jerry gambled with a starting CB instead of sending off a pick for Lito Shepherd or someone.

4) Jerry Jones--The guy is a great owner when it comes to signing players, willingness to take shots on players, running a franchise and being a top guy in the league. He sucks as a pure GM and a football guy. He needs to learn that he got Dallas back on the map with Jimmy. He didn't do it. He needs to find a guy like that and who can inspire a team and pay them.

5) Heart--Take a few of the things above and it adds up to heartless wussies who think they can roll their hats out there and win

As a 30 plus year Cowboy fan I have more respect for the 1-15 1989 team who busted their ass every game compared to this team.

DiapHer likes this.
  11. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

What he said....

12. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Nope, I hope he stays. The Cowboys are playing really bad under his leadership right now. Therefore I want him to stay and watch them lose on Sundays while TO rips his team apart
    . :tv:

Showtime100 likes this.
  13. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I think you have to know he won't be retained if the team continues to lose. Jerry is so not a patient man. Wade is DONE.

14. Spled

Spled All Pro

15. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

yea Jerry came out after Sunday's game and said he wasn't going to fire him this season.

However that's been said many times by many owners before and the guys end up getting fired.

Personally I don't see any reason to wait. He's done. Gone. If Garrett was already told he's next go ahead and let him have the remaining games. They won't be in the playoffs this year anyway playing the way they have been.

Really can anybody believe anything that Jerry says?

16. BaylrBearBryant

BaylrBearBryant Rookie

I've lurked for quite some time. Don't get me wrong my favorite team is the Texans. If I had to pick a second, it'd be the 49ers, but unfortunately since I go to school at Baylor, I'm stuck in Cowboys country. The sports media in Waco all promote the Cowboys. Browsing TexansTalk is one of the few ways I stay current with my team.

With that being said, Parcells and Jerry Jones dominate the radio. I just wanted to get Texans' fans opinions.

Go Texans! :fans:

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

A very honest assessment............must spread the rep.

18. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

you know, not everything is a conspiracy.:D

19. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The Star-Telegraph has come out with an article which lays out many of the points that Cowboys fans and foes have shared on this MB.

There are too many good and important points in this article to try to quote in pieces.

The title brings the facts all together and reflects the indisputable conclusion.......Jerry Jones is outsmarting himself trying to be a football wizard

20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Nice article. Thanks for sharing!