Cowboys/Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 8, 2011.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I know I'm Cowboy fan here and most don't care or hate them but I like posting things in NFL just to show that I am paying attention. I know Jerry has issues and this is why. This is why I think Jerry got it right with Garrett but will screw it up. I like the attitude but you sound like "learning your lesson" isn't in the vocabulary...comments within

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/jerry-jones-compares-running-t.html

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

He sounds like the next Al Davis. Aloof, confused and unable to get to the root of the problems (mostly him...). He needs to change how the organization is run and get a real GM.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Frog,

I share your pessimism.

Reading that piece just seems to confirm that Jones with his illogical convoluted reasoning is likely suffering from an uncompensated form of bipolarity with its accompanying delusions of grandeur. And any Cowboys fan that buys into this reasoning shares his delusion. They will be the same ones that are convinced that if they position their earphones or the volume on their radios "just right" when listening to Jerry's statements, or maybe click their heels 3 times and repeat after me "theres no place like home," then all will make sense and be good to go for the next season. :wadepalm:

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Wow. Talking a lot and saying nothing. No wonder Dallas seems so schizo.

5. Dishman

Dishman Miss Ya Blue

No kidding, go get a (new) GM. If the Cowboys has a GM who talked like that he'd have probably been fired some time ago.

6. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

As they say, it's just a "stream of consciousness". And I don't think he's nuts,
    he's just very self-centered and totally consumed with thoughts about winning a championship for his team, his alter-ego. Probably a lot more owners than we realize are like him, but without such an extravagant personality.

7. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I grew up with the Cowboys being my favorite NFC team. I never got the memo that Oilers fans were supposed to hate them. Usually, kids get that stuff from their dads. I guess my dad and his dad were pretty ambivalent towards them.

I never had the same level of fandom for them that I had for the Oilers, but I always followed them. I went to college in Denton from 93-97 and listened to the Ticket all day long, so I rode through all the highs and lows with them.

Jimmy Johnson set the blueprint for rebuilding a franchise as soon as they won that Super Bowl in 92. Jerry Jones set the blueprint for tearing it down as soon as he fired him. I've tried to be a fan ever since, but Jerry's made it hard. Even after he hired Parcells, he still sabotaged him by bringing in guys like Terrell Owens. Once Parcells was out, so was I.

Jerry will never win a Super Bowl by doing it "his way." He's had 16 years of on-the-job training. If he was ever going to win one, he would have done it by now.

I feel for you, Frog. Being a Cowboys fan is like watching a 4 month long version of "The Titanic" every season. You always know how it's going to end, and it's always bad.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Honestly, he sounds like most of us here. The only difference, is he's the owner of an NFL football team, & we suck at Madden.

We think our ideas are right.... 100% of the time would have worked if Jerrah, McNair, or whoever, would have done what we said........

As long as we can find someone on a message board to agree....