Cowboys Interviewing Rob Ryan for D Coordinator

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 14, 2011.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I saw this yeaterday morning but it is just now getting some traction. They are also going to interview ex-Cowboy and Steeler Asst Ray Horton. Ryan is a big name with a big personality but his defenses have not been top notch. Of course Cleveland hasn't had alot of talent. I'd prefer that they wait a little longer and interview Packers D-line coach Mike Trgovac. Garrett is buds with Capers and Trgovac has been a hot name with a good background. Heck I even remember Solomon writing about him for Houston

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6019991

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2011/01/is_wade_phillips_the_guy_1.html

2. MFG16

MFG16 Veteran

To bad Cleveland didn't deny them permission to interview him. I could have used LeBron's "Karma is a b***h" tweet.

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

There was no reason to be mad at the Cowboys denying interviews. Both coaches were under contract. It wasn't a something they had to do as a courtesy. Also, both guys might be in their plans since they still haven't named a D Coordinator. It was them keeping a staff together and evaluating. It happens.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  4. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

I'm still surprised Cleveland didn't consider Ryan for the headcoaching position. Oh well, The Browns always suck, so losing Ryan would only continue the trend...

5. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Where are the "why didn't we hire Ryan instead of Phillips" postings..:wadepalm:

I know they are out there.:kubepalm:

:coffeepalm:

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It's a done deal, according to these guys. Link

7. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

That sucks. I like Rob Ryan. And I hate the cowbitches. Now I have to hate rob ryan.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Maybe most realize that Rob hasn't had the success Rex has?

9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Exactly. I'm a Boys fan and am kind of torn on this whole deal.

Rob's stats aren't that great with Cleveland and Oakland. But I keep seeing Dallas Morning New pieces on those rosters and they were laughable. But to me you still have to be able to do something. Cleveland was in the top half in scoring defense, etc and that is something we sucked at. Considering how unmotivated the team was at stretches last year I like the personality for a D Coordinator but you hope you have guys that don't take sides, etc under that type guy. I'm convinced now that is why Ray Sherman didn't get promoted and is gone. Patrick Crayton was interviewed this weekend and he was bitter and basically blames everything on Garrett. Sounds like the WRs had a clique.

I was hoping they'd be patient and wait for the Packers D-line coach Trgovac, especially since Garrett's mentor/buddy is Capers. But Ryan must have been impressive. It was also nice to see Garrett conducting the interviews and then Jerry meeting them down the line.

Overall there are plusses and minuses. I just hope Ryan can do alot better with better talent. That is what they have to hang their hat on...this is the most talent he will have to work with.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

Maybe Rob Ryan will have a preferred linebackers coach that he wants to hire, making Reggie Herring expendable and therefore available to be hired by the Texans.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

He'll probably bring a majority of his staff from Cleveland....

12. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Looks like Ryan might bring in some of his boys with him. Cox, the D-line coach and ex-player, is the ass kicker. I like that. They need some no nonsense guys after what has gone on.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...zing-deal-with-ryan-coaching-shakeup-imminent

13. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

IMO,should be a pretty good git for the Cowplops. Hate that it might be, but blind pigs do find acorns every now and then.

14. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

His contract is up with Cleveland. The dude is free to interview with anyone.