Cowboys fan sueing the team for burning her arse

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by BlackBeard, Aug 17, 2012.

1. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Subscribed Contributor

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...wboys-hot-water-burned-fan-files-lawsuit-team

The rumor is to cover her lawsuit the Cowboys will turn around and sue the Giants for burning their arses twice last season.

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Mr. Jones response: Well, the relative probability of burning one's arse on the black marble in August is in direct proportion to the actual size of one's arse....or glory-hole.

:jk:

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

What a dumb lawsuit. Most reasonable people on a hot day check to see how hot the seat is. When I'm at the park with my kids and I see a metal slide on a hot day I check it. This comes down to "she dumb."

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Cowboys fans :facepalm:

5. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Well she is a Cowboys fan.

:kitten:

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Hey now, I resemble those remarks.....:toast2:

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Hmm, black marble + direct sun = No warning signs so it must be ok. What a friggin dumbass. I think Jerry's an assbag, but he should counter sue just because how stupid this person is.

BTW, what the heck was she wearing? A thong? Put some friggin clothes on that fit!

8. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Thats a pretty serious burn. In all fairness, if they have benches that are hot enough to burn you to the point you need skin grafts, they probably should put a covering over them or a warning of some sort.

In other news, hope she doesnt put the balm on
    [​IMG]

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

[​IMG]

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

10. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

There's nothing wrong with being a Cowboys fan?

:kitten:

11. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Back in the day, if you sat on a warm bench, you immediately get your arse up. Why do we now need signs, covers, lawsuits to protect or worse, compensate stupid decisions.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Marble due to its density does not tend to change its surface temperature very easily. However, prolonged unprotected concentrated exposure to 100+ degree direct sunlight (as was the case on the day in question), especially when the marble is black, can over the period of hours result in extremely hot temperatures. On the day of the incident, the surface temperature of the bench could have very easily reached 140 degrees. Having taken care of many devastating subtotal body to smaller areas of 3rd degree burns requiring skin grafts, I can throw out some rules of thumb to hang your hat on for this case. Keep in mind that there are exceptions to any rule.
    First, I should mention that ~108 degrees is the human threshold to experience pain. With that in mind, 110 degrees will typically result in 3rd degree burns with 10 hours exposure; 120 degrees (the maximum setting recommended for a water heater) 5 min; 130 degrees 30 sec ; 140 degrees 5 sec; 150 degrees 2 sec; 156 degrees 1 sec.

The blood vessels just beneath the skin act like a radiator in a car. Its continued circulation cools the overlying skin. In the unique case of the buttocks in a sitting position, those “radiator coils” beneath the skin are compressed, thereby stopping the cooling effect to those areas of the skin, and making the timed tolerance to heat exposure very much less than normal/expected. Once a burn occurs, it is possible that continued sitting pressure (even on a cool surface) on the already damaged/burned skin, could extend the degree of burn due to the same failure of “radiator” cooling and potential nutritive /oxygen delivery cut off to the area required for preservation and/or healing.

13. The Medic01

The Medic01 Veteran

Come on man. This is a bash Cowboys fans thread not one of your injury is serious everyone go cry into your pillows tonight threads. :kitten:

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  14. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

OK, Medic..........CloakNNNdagger says "Jerry, may you get the red ass over this lady's roast rump" :)

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

That's funny Jean!!

A few years back, I think it was during a Raider game, the seats in the Bullpen were hot enough to blister your arse, arms, legs, anything that touched them. I signed up for a towel at one of the venders just to have something to put on the seat to keep from burning. Another hot game I just went up and sat in the Bullpen pub. Point I'm trying to make is that I had BRAINS enough to know the flippin seats were to hot to sit on! I sure as hell didn't blame the Texans, other than being ticked off that they kept the roof open on such a HOT day! The woman made a choice to sit on her arse and get it burned! How DUMB is that!!

StarStruck likes this.
  16. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

She probably thought if she sat there long enough she could be the first in to get Jason Austin's autograph.

17. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Looks as if this has developed into a class action lawsuit. Other Lastarse Sowboy Fans have joined this young lady in her lawsuit.
    It's been determined that it wasn't actually the bench, but Jerruh Jones ownership, and the play on the field that caused these burns to the Sowboy fans arses :)