Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cowboy great Darren Woodson retires

Cowboys safety Darren Woodson has been the heart and soul of this defense for more than a decade. And while the affects of his absence were certainly felt this year, it appears the Cowboys now will have to find a permanent answer. The 13-year veteran is expected to announce his retirement later this week after back surgery in July to repair a herniated disk forced him to miss the entire season. Woodson, a five-time Pro Bowler, is the club's all-time leading tackler with 1,350 stops.
-dallascowboys.com

Woodson was one of my favorite players, he always came out to play day in and day out. It's really a shame he was on the injured reserve all year long, definetly would of given Dallas a big boost this season.

He was the only Cowboy that was on the roster this year that was part of the Cowboy's glory days. Now there's none. :shocked

Atleast we'll see him in the hall of fame soon!

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
If you're going to be a Cowboys fan atleast remember that Larry Allen is still on the team, and was the Best on that SB winning O-line.

On a side note, Jerry Jones broke this story several hours ago on Dallas radio.

Hoth-Boy said:
If you're going to be a Cowboys fan atleast remember that Larry Allen is still on the team, and was the Best on that SB winning O-line.
Well what I mean to say is Darren Woodson was part of all 3 Super Bowls. Larry Allen was part of 2. But your right Allen was still part of the Cowboy's glory days.

Hoth-Boy said:
On a side note, Jerry Jones broke this story several hours ago on Dallas radio.
Nah really? I know, I was suprised when I came to the message board last night and discovered it hadn't been posted yet. So I posted it.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I'll miss Woodson. Great player. I figured he'd retire when I read he wasn't able to rehab at the pace he wanted.

DFAN

Waterboy
HowBoutThemCowboys! said:
Well what I mean to say is Darren Woodson was part of all 3 Super Bowls. Larry Allen was part of 2. But your right Allen was still part of the Cowboy's glory days.

Allen was there for one. Super Bowl XXX.