Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Coveted Castoffs

I would like to see them look at Eugene Wilson. He's a safety with corner skills with championship experience. With so many teams with a Y-flex tight end, teams need a 3- safety package. In thhe texans division, they have clark and to some extent crumpler. These guys are too strong for cb's and teams tend to run the ball and too fast for lb's. Those 3 safeties mins the sam backer would tighten coverage. Last yr, they had no one who could check clark.

I would like to see them look at Eugene Wilson. He's a safety with corner skills with championship experience. With so many teams with a Y-flex tight end, teams need a 3- safety package. In thhe texans division, they have clark and to some extent crumpler. These guys are too strong for cb's and teams tend to run the ball and too fast for lb's. Those 3 safeties mins the sam backer would tighten coverage. Last yr, they had no one who could check clark.

The roster lists this guy on our PS

Stenavich, Adam T 6-4 300 Michigan

I haven't seen him listed anywhere. If it has been posted I missed it.

I think he was an undrafted cowboy rookie in 2006.

But we won't hold that against him.:D

:coffee:

Abdul Hodge has just been released by the Packers along with another player, to make room for Derrick Frost and Brett Goode. A punter and LS.

Hodge was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the3rd round (67th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He scored his first NFL touchdown on a fumble recovery during his first career start against the Seattle Seahawks on November 27, 2006.

In 2007, Hodge was placed on injured reserve due to a knee injury. Hodge changed his number from 55 to his old college number of 52. He underwent surgery on both knees in an attempt to return to the club in 2008.

After an impressive training camp, Hodge was unexpectedly cut by the Packers on September 1st, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Hodge

http://www.nfl.com/players/abdulhodge/gamelogs?id=HOD153824

Former 3rd round pick in 2006, 2nd rated ILB in the NFLDC rankings.

I think I should stop posting these big names players that get waived, it's not like Kubiak/Smith ever go for them anyways.

Did anyone else see that the Broncos are looking to deal Foxworth??? Wouldn't he be a better addition than Reeves?
I am on my blackberry so it would be hard to copy and paste, but I read it on pft.

The roster lists this guy on our PS

Stenavich, Adam T 6-4 300 Michigan

I haven't seen him listed anywhere. If it has been posted I missed it.

I think he was an undrafted cowboy rookie in 2006.

But we won't hold that against him.:D

:coffee:

Other than seeing him on the HT.com PS roster, nothing else that I've come across. He was released by the Girls for Larry Allen, who was placed on the Dallas roster for a day or two so that they could retire him as a Girl. I wonder if they were hoping to sneak him by waivers and resign him........and we busted their plan.:smiliedance:

Adam Stenavich

Offensive Tackle
Projected As: Offensive Guard

5th Year Senior
6’4, 309
Testing: Michigan Pro Day
5.6 Forty Yard Dash
4.82 Short Shuttle
7.91 Three Cone
24-inch Vertical
7 ft 9 in. Broad Jump

Workout Comments:
The 40 yard dash time will certainly be looked down upon. His short shuttle time was one of the better ones put up by lineman his size. On the other hand, his three cone time is decent for his position, but should be better at his size.

Positives:
Being a three year starter is certainly a plus for Stenavich. He has the build of a guard and is flexible for a lineman his size. Has polished technique and plays with a good pad level. Excellent toughness and has a nasty streak. Should be able to be a solid pass blocker inside. He shows decent explosion, gets good pop with his hands, and wins most of the initial battles with defenders. Offers versatility and can move to tackle in emergency situations. Two time All-Conference player.

Negatives:
Stenavich struggles with speed rushers on the edge, which lends to the idea that he'll have to move inside at the professional level. That said, some scouts still question whether or not he can transition to the inside. He doesn’t have a lot of experience pulling and could have trouble reaching linebackers at the second level. He also needs to improve his overall power and lower leg drive.

Overall:
Learning a new position is never easy but Adam Stenavich is capable of doing it. He is a tough player which is the main ingredient of being an NFL type guard. Stenavich will likely go to a team that still focuses on a power running game. Zone blocking teams won’t see as much value in him because he lacks the experience, mobility, and pulling ability for that scheme. Teams that employ power schemes like the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, and Dallas Cowboys will find much greater value in him as a backup guard. As of right now, scouts are projecting him to go between the 5th and 6th rounds.

NFL Comparison:
Russ Hochstein, New England Patriots
Jonathan Goodwin, New York Jets
Martin Bibla, Atlanta Falcons

Leaves you asking what Gibbs sees in him.

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but the Pats signed CB Deltha O'Neal after the Bengals cut him to get to 53. I know the Pats are not known for signing quality players and all, but maybe we should have taken a look at him anyway?
Kubiak and Smith were with the Broncos when O'Neal was drafted by them. They probably know what he can/can't do as well as anyone. What I remember is that the book on O'Neal is that he's good in zone coverage, with great ball skills. But he's horrible in man coverage. I think the Broncos even thought about moving O'Nal to WR, but he balked and was sent to the Bengals.

The Pats play mostly zone, so O'Neal is likely a good fit. If the Texans are intent on going with more man coverage, well they've already got guys who can't play that.

Did anyone else see that the Broncos are looking to deal Foxworth??? Wouldn't he be a better addition than Reeves?
I am on my blackberry so it would be hard to copy and paste, but I read it on pft.

The Broncos have told CB Domonique Foxworth to leave team headquarters because he will be traded shortly.

Rookie Jack Williams flashed serious playmaking ability in the preseason and Karl Paymah is ready to take over as Denver's nickel back. Foxworth could bring back a fourth- to fifth-round pick in compensation. Potential suitors include Cleveland, Baltimore, New England, Houston, and Seattle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFl&id=3303

fifth rounder and nothing more. Kubiak should know whats he getting in Foxworth, he was around for his rookie season. I think he would make a good nickle back behind Bennett and Dunta/Molden.

Also, this is his last year on his rookie contract, so he should be playing for the big bucks next off-season. Is a 5th/6th rounder worth a possible one-year rental?

Last edited:
Kubiak and Smith were with the Broncos when O'Neal was drafted by them. They probably know what he can/can't do as well as anyone. What I remember is that the book on O'Neal is that he's good in zone coverage, with great ball skills. But he's horrible in man coverage. I think the Broncos even thought about moving O'Nal to WR, but he balked and was sent to the Bengals.

The Pats play mostly zone, so O'Neal is likely a good fit. If the Texans are intent on going with more man coverage, well they've already got guys who can't play that.

That makes sense.

From what I hear, he has already been traded and it may take a day or two to sort out the business side of things. Here is link detailing the imminent move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3563823

The Patriots, Redskins, Saints, Rams and Browns are among the teams that need a cornerback.

Most likely for a conditional draft choice. Any value we get for him is good value. He was not going to be retained after this season. This move opens the door up for the playmaking Jack Williams to become a first teamer in the nickel package.

From the broncos MB.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=120139&page=3

Here's the thread talking about it.

Other than seeing him on the HT.com PS roster, nothing else that I've come across. He was released by the Girls for Larry Allen, who was placed on the Dallas roster for a day or two so that they could retire him as a Girl. I wonder if they were hoping to sneak him by waivers and resign him........and we busted their plan.:smiliedance:

anytime we can mess up the cowboys is good

Just to add to that a bit the Pats were going to likely have two rookies starting at CB for them this season, and with the signing of O'Neal it looks like he might be able to snag one of the starting jobs.

Add Tatum Bell to the list. He was released and has history with Kubiak. His ypc is always good and if he gets 220 carries, he's going to get 1k rushing.

Sorry if this has been posted before but...

OT Jonathan Scott released by Lions. He was the starting LT for the 2005 University of Texas championship team. Not sure if he's fast enough for our offense but he was the started at right tackle for the Lions last season. Haven't been able to determine why they released him but seems like an intresting player. I always thought he played well in college but could be my UT blinders.

I'll always remember O'Neal as the guy who took Dunta's Pro Bowl spot in '06.

Back