Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Nov 4, 2007.

?

Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for

1. YES

58 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. NO

22 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

The guy was making plays all over the field and got robbed on a beautiful textbook decleater. He saved TDs and was in perfect position on many plays and was VERY physical.

2. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

I liked what I saw. He was knocking the ball out of receivers hands.

3. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Hmm...he's a improvement definitely but answer... we'll see against the Saints. So i'm not sure.

BTW I put yes beacuse he had a good game.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

compared to what we have seen this season, I was hoping Demps ( Boulware) would be good enough to take over the safety positions for us

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I thought he looked good despite those elbow-length gloves.

That unnecessary roughness call was BS.

6. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

he really made a difference today

7. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

I think that Demps had a great game today, but to say that he's ready to start at safety could be a stretch. Anyone can have a great game. The Dayne Train had a good game today, but is anyone starting a thread asking "Could Ron Dayne be the answer at RB we've been waiting for?" It'll definitly take 2-3 more games of considerable and solid play before we can really evaluate Demps fairly.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Well then come back after 2-3 games to put a response. The way our secondary has been depleted it's never too early to start a thread like this.

Demps was in position to make plays more than I've ever seen CC Brown or anyone else that has played that position for the Texans.

9. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

He had a dislocated elbow. I guess he's still recovering. Shows his toughness. He's been playing with that for a while now.

10. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

I'll reserve my answer until after the Saints and Colts games. But I thought our secondary, aside from Petey, played exceptionally well.

11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Is he better then what we have out there now?

Then he should be starting. It's either zone or man - not rocket science.

12. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Demps was on and off with the Giants. He could look real good and real bad depending on the game. I always liked the guy and hope he can get consistant. He looked good today.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I voted yes. I was really impressed with him today...he was hitting very hard and knocking some balls loose.

Does this really mean he's the answer, no. We were playing oakland. If he looked like that against the colts, I'd be more impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing him get more time back there.

I think we could def. still be able to upgrade FS through the draft but honestly I don't think its as big of need as I once did. I will admit I was a huge fan of drafting a 1st rd FS and that that position needed the most upgrading. Unfortunately with D-Rob's injury, Cornerback is def. our biggest need and will get the most impact.

I believe our Safeties in general are going to be completely ignored this offseason. (CC Brown, Glenn Earl comes back, Michael Boulware added through a trade, picked up Will Demps who played well, drafted Brandon Harrison, moved Von Hutchins to S who has been playing decently) We have a surplus of safeties (although no true FS whatsoever) and a huge hole at CB now.

Faggins comes back in and starts. I believe the drop off from Dunta Robinson to Fred Bennett is HUGE. Let's try to put it in perspective, It's like the drop off of Andre Johnson to Jacoby Jones.

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Demps played very well today. The thing I liked that he seems to bring is intensity and now with Dunta out, that will be needed to be there from someone and it looks like it could be him.

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

Let's stop for a second and remember that we played THE RAIDERS led by McClown who looked totally lost all game (to me).

Even Sage looked good. Dayne looked good.

We look good against Chiefs (without a full-blown Larry Johnson), the Panthers, and the Raiders (led by McCown). We eeked out a win vs. Miami with the help of our kicker.

And then we've been hammered by Jags, Titans, Colts, and Chargers...all those teams are a notch above us. The Falcons matchup is the one that bugs me the most because I felt we were the superior team.

But we're just a low-level team, a team who can beat teams on our own level. We look completely outplayed and outcoached when we go up against better teams.

Therefore, Demps looked good today.

Let's see how we handle Brees/Bush/Henderson/Colston.

16. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well I was on airport duty this afternoon. If the herd says he did well I believe it. I had to leave watching the game right after the Robinson disater.

I think this is a very good team (Saints) to roll out a dime defene on. I thought the Texas defense had very good game plan against him in the Rose bowl. Deny him the edges and foce him out of bounds. We've got a herd of safties to do this with. Be a good gme to take the bridle off of Richrd Smith and let him go for broke. They trounced the same team that trounced us a couple of weeks ago. They've got nothing to loose. If we go for broke, we get by forty or twenty what's the difference ? Might just get lucky and force enough turnovers and confusion to keep us in the game. They've got two weeks to work up some sort of surprise. We'll see.

17. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

it's possible... he brings the lumber like nobody's business.

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Ummmmm, Yankee..... I googled his website and I completely see what you were saying...

19. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

yeah... he's def. a ladyboy...

he's half black, half korean... hopefully, he busts out his magic blackanese taekwondo some more.

20. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I was thinking metro, but..........