Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Could this be are first Playoff year?

I don't see us going to the playoffs, but I do see us being in the hunt. If a couple of our players that we draft on defense (we better go defense for the majority of the draft, besides Bush) can immediately start, then our chances go up. Our offense will be vastly improved and should keep us in games but our defense still needs upgrading. If Travis Johnson can have his coming out party this year, then that will do us a lot of good. As of right now, I think our offense gets us at least 4 or 5 wins. With a decent defense I can see us finishing at least 8-8 and in the playoff hunt for most of the season.

I foresee us winning 50% of our division games and 50% of the others, pretty much like TexanSam has suggested. I think we have a chance to take the Colts at least once, but two wins are kind of a stretch. We should be able to take the Raiders (depending on their draft pick, I think they will snag VY if the Titans take Leinart). Imagine that, another RB v. VY game. Should be good for the media. :rolleyes:

TexansLucky13 said:
I foresee us winning 50% of our division games and 50% of the others, pretty much like TexanSam has suggested. I think we have a chance to take the Colts at least once, but two wins are kind of a stretch. We should be able to take the Raiders (depending on their draft pick, I think they will snag VY if the Titans take Leinart). Imagine that, another RB v. VY game. Should be good for the media. :rolleyes:

:pigfly: You are really, really dreaming. At least last year this team was coming off a 7-9 season. For you to say this coming off a 2-14 record is really, really puzzling.

TexanSam said:
I don't see us going to the playoffs, but I do see us being in the hunt. If a couple of our players that we draft on defense (we better go defense for the majority of the draft, besides Bush) can immediately start, then our chances go up. Our offense will be vastly improved and should keep us in games but our defense still needs upgrading. If Travis Johnson can have his coming out party this year, then that will do us a lot of good. As of right now, I think our offense gets us at least 4 or 5 wins. With a decent defense I can see us finishing at least 8-8 and in the playoff hunt for most of the season.

Yeah, let's ignore the OL once again. After all, we got one 11-year vet -- that should be enough. Sheesh!

Bobo said:
:pigfly: You are really, really dreaming. At least last year this team was coming off a 7-9 season. For you to say this coming off a 2-14 record is really, really puzzling.

Do I really need to bring up the past to prove that this is possible?? Think! OILERS. The facts have been thrown at you before, and you still manage to overlook it!

aj. said:
That's why Tampa had the #1 overall in '78 (because they had the worst record in '77). Before the trade up to #1 to get Earl, the Oilers were sitting at #17 (out of 28 teams).

Fully aware of the Oilers history and unless you're a total revisionist, it was Sid Gilman who turned around the franchise and a struggling QB in '74 (sound familiar?). Bum built on Sid's success from '75 - '77. No playoffs but they went 10-4 in '75 and 8-6 in '77. In '77 (the year before Earl arrived) the Oilers were 5th in the NFL in scoring - hardly "worst" in my opinion.

You said they went from worst to first in one season (implying '77 to '78) and that's simply not true. Earl was the "one player away," the catalyst if you will, who turned an already good team into a Super Bowl contender. Leon Gray didn't hurt either. And yes, Bum got more out of his players than most coaches of that era.

The Oilers turnaround in the mid 70's was due to a combination of new system (installed in '74), new/competent coaching (installed in '74 and '75), and a HOF RB (installed in '78) who just happened to be from UT and drove things over the top. Hopefully we can repeat that feat...

Well Earl Campbell is one of my heros and i tend to be biased. However, no Oiler team will ever go as far as the AFC Championship before or since EC. As much talent as the teams in the Warren Moon era had they couldnt do it. Id bet if Earl had been 25yrs old and and on those teams they would have won the SB. Special HB's are pricless.

TexansLucky13 said:

I see no way we even sniff .500 next year. The only offense our lousy defense could stop would be, well, ours. So these guys who couldnt learn the 3-4 defense in 2-3 years are going to learn a whole new system in less than one? Not to mention we have tweener type DE's that are probably 3rd down pass rush guys at best, ZERO talent at LB and one player in the secondary. Bring on the Colts!

I think some people need to step back and remember just how pityful this team was last year. In all my years of watch NFL football, I have NEVER seen a team run an offense where the QB takes the snap takes 3 steps and unloads it to aviod being killed. It serioulsy looked like a D2 college team out there.

Jwwillis said:
Well Earl Campbell is one of my heros..

When I think back on all the football I've watched, I can't think of many, if any, that I have enjoyed watching and respected more.

Trenches said:
I see no way we even sniff .500 next year. The only offense our lousy defense could stop would be, well, ours. So these guys who couldnt learn the 3-4 defense in 2-3 years are going to learn a whole new system in less than one? Not to mention we have tweener type DE's that are probably 3rd down pass rush guys at best, ZERO talent at LB and one player in the secondary. Bring on the Colts!

I think some people need to step back and remember just how pityful this team was last year. In all my years of watch NFL football, I have NEVER seen a team run an offense where the QB takes the snap takes 3 steps and unloads it to aviod being killed. It serioulsy looked like a D2 college team out there.

Haha. Im not as "pie in the sky" about next year as you think. I know how last year was. I was there for home games. Some people on here want to think that last year never happened, and in all honesty, we all want to forget. But for the players, its like getting up on a stage in front 30 million people and realizing that your fly was open the whole time. It's cheesy, but it's the way that the players feel. They dont want to feel that way again. They will put all their strength into making sure that a Texans '05 season NEVER happens again, so long as they are on the field. Don't underestimate human resolve. I believe that next year will be the year where everything and everyone comes together, including the fans who never gave Kubiak an ounce of credit in the first place. We will all stand in awe at the end of next season. Mark my words, boy, and mark them well! :redtowel: Go Texans

TexansLucky13 said:
I agree. My only point was that RBs dont have to play a large role for the team to be successful. But it is extremely important to have the option. I agree that its just as important to "appear" to have a rushing attack as it is to actually have one. If the defense sees a lack in that area, they will pull back, and then you have nothing to work with. And that is one of the reasons I dont think the Colts will ever be a SB team. P Man just has too much talent for his own good (and for the good of the salary cap). Reggie can help us in more ways than we know, but I disagree if you say that the O-line will be neglected by Kubiak and will hold us back. Watch the Draft and see.

Huh! How do you appear to have a good running game? EVERYBODY knows you cant win consistantly or win a championship in the NFL if you cant establish the run. The run sets up play action and keeps the defense honest. Also, If you can run you control the clock and have less chance for a turnover. It saves wear and tear on the QB. It beats down defenses. It creates fewer 3rd and longs. It is easier for O-lineman to block for the run. Our O-line didnt do bad on run blocking, it was the pass blocking they suffered with. So they camp on DD and dare to pass. DD is a shifty back with great instincts, his down side is he doesnt have break away speed. Bush has all of DD's skills WITH break away speed.

Bobo said:
Seeing that it's still basically the same OL and the same defense, and the sked strength is basically the same, I would estimate about the same record.

It appears as though you are "basically the same" so noone really cares what you have to say any more.

First of all with the addition of Flanigan and moving some players on the Oline they will cut the sacks in half compared to last year. Also with the additions of the WRs (assuming Moulds gets done) will not allow Defenses to T-off as they will have to respect the threats.

Adding the defensive players they did in FA has not made them a top ten Defense, but in the top 20 along with switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 drastically helps a team alone.

So sit back and we will wait to hear from you after preseason is over

Gary Kubiak career HEAD COACHING record : 0-0

Houston Texans Franchise win loss record: 18-46

Franchise .500 seasons: 0

Franchise record last year= 2-14

Yep....i cant see how we wont make the playoffs. Progress is a process guys, dont expect a one year fix. I think 4-12 to 6-10 is about where we will be.

Jwwillis said:
Huh! How do you appear to have a good running game? EVERYBODY knows you cant win consistantly or win a championship in the NFL if you cant establish the run. The run sets up play action and keeps the defense honest. Also, If you can run you control the clock and have less chance for a turnover. It saves wear and tear on the QB. It beats down defenses. It creates fewer 3rd and longs. It is easier for O-lineman to block for the run. Our O-line didnt do bad on run blocking, it was the pass blocking they suffered with. So they camp on DD and dare to pass. DD is a shifty back with great instincts, his down side is he doesnt have break away speed. Bush has all of DD's skills WITH break away speed.

I completely agree! As I attempted to explain, it's important to have an offense that can at least SELL the run, if not actually move the chains with it. I worded it incorrectly, but my point was that it is more important to have a defense that responds well to Playoff situations than it is to have a single RB who makes all the plays. My argument was not on the rush attack, but on the idea that RB win championships. It is the defense. Also, I am all for getting Bush. I would rather see a trade down, but it wont happen.

swtbound07 said:
Gary Kubiak career HEAD COACHING record : 0-0

Houston Texans Franchise win loss record: 18-46

Franchise .500 seasons: 0

Franchise record last year= 2-14

Yep....i cant see how we wont make the playoffs. Progress is a process guys, dont expect a one year fix. I think 4-12 to 6-10 is about where we will be.

I doubt a 4-12. Have you seen the lineup? I can pick AT LEAST 5 sure wins for us next year, assuming we keep our heads up. But that's the key, now isn't it?

TexansLucky13 said:
I doubt a 4-12. Have you seen the lineup? I can pick AT LEAST 5 sure wins for us next year, assuming we keep our heads up. But that's the key, now isn't it?

I looked at the sked. I picked three, possibly four. But then again, last year some people looked at the lineup and picked 11.

Bearfan Blue and Orange said:
It appears as though you are "basically the same" so noone really cares what you have to say any more.

First of all with the addition of Flanigan and moving some players on the Oline they will cut the sacks in half compared to last year. Also with the additions of the WRs (assuming Moulds gets done) will not allow Defenses to T-off as they will have to respect the threats.

Adding the defensive players they did in FA has not made them a top ten Defense, but in the top 20 along with switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 drastically helps a team alone.

So sit back and we will wait to hear from you after preseason is over

So "moving players" around is going to be the magic touch? You think that's all that needs to be done, eh? Didn't Capers try that out as well? Yep, the players are just fine, let's just move them around. Same players, same production, same result. I don't see Kubiak walking around with a magic wand.

Bobo said:
I looked at the sked. I picked three, possibly four. But then again, last year some people looked at the lineup and picked 11.

And next year around this time, I will remember those who looked at the schedule and picked only 3 possible wins. Things happen, just like Capers getting bagged. And out of curiousity... who did you pick as possible wins?

TexansLucky13 said:
Do I really need to bring up the past to prove that this is possible?? Think! OILERS. The facts have been thrown at you before, and you still manage to overlook it!

Um, were the Oilers ever 2-14 and bounce back to get into the playoffs the very next season? And what percentage of the time has that ever happened? Especially with a new coach who doesn't have any more HC experience than I do? I will be awaiting your response.

Bobo said:
So "moving players" around is going to be the magic touch? You think that's all that needs to be done, eh? Didn't Capers try that out as well? Yep, the players are just fine, let's just move them around. Same players, same production, same result. I don't see Kubiak walking around with a magic wand.

The only Offensive lineman we need are a LT/RT, if that. You are so melodramatic in the way you portrait it, like we need a whole new team!!

Ibar_Harry said:
Its the biggest factor that most people are ignoring. They have no idea how bad they were. We have a lot more talent than people think. The talent was just flat run into the gound. We will be magnitudes better this year. Again I remain exceedingly optomistic. I keep saying sit back and enjoy the ride.....

If you just look at where this team came from, you will see just how untrue this statement is. This team came about from teams who didn't want them anymore and from the draft. When that's the only place where you get your players, of course you are going to have a lack of talent! In actuality, Capers made them look a heckuva lot better than they actually were. And I don't think the Texans will be much better this year, taking the inexperience of the coach and the questionable moves he is making.

TexansLucky13 said:
The only Offensive lineman we need are a LT/RT, if that. You are so melodramatic in the way you portrait it, like we need a whole new team!!

You've got to be kidding. This team allows all those sacks year in and year out and you think the team needs just one OL? And you call ME melodramatic?

run-david-run said:
How is this a new team? How about going for it on 4th and 1 when your down by 14 with 2 minutes left? How about throwing more then one ball deep per game? How about using that guy that stands to the right of the right tackle every now and then? How about protecting the QB? How about not playing players out of position? Being aggresive? Im not guaranteeing that the NEW Texans are going to be doing these things, but I can guarantee that the OLD Texans wernt. Coaching matters, go ask a Patriots fan.

A.) You still haven't answered the question on how this is a new team. Duly noted. B.) I do recall a game where the Texans went for it in very similar circumstances. It was the famous Jax game. C.) You can't throw the deep ball when you don't have enough time to do so due to the rush -- which will only be worse when you send the TE out on useless pass routes. D.) I wouldn't call taking a TE off the line and sending him out on pass routes "protecting the QB." E.) Not playing players out of position -- you mean like Kubiak is going to do when he "moves the line around" like Capers did? Seems like it's OK if Kubiak does it but it's a firing offenxe if Capers does the same thing. F.) Coaching does matter and the Texans got rid of a dang good one. G.) Tell me when the "new" Texans arrive. I wouldn't want to miss it.

TexansLucky13 said:
And next year around this time, I will remember those who looked at the schedule and picked only 3 possible wins. Things happen, just like Capers getting bagged. And out of curiousity... who did you pick as possible wins?

A.) Yep, things happen -- like a bad year. Some guys remain on duty and lead their teams to the Super Bowl (Holmgren and Cowher) while others get ushered to the door. B.) My possible wins are Cleveland. The rest are up in the air.

dalemurphy said:
2-14 is realistic? the same defense and Oline as last year?

let's see. We have an entirely new coaching staff who will be implenting different systems. Also, they will evaluate players differently. And, before the draft we've already made numerous uprgades with personnel on both sides of the ball.

A person can be realistic and optimistic at the same time. I certainly wouldn't predict that we will make the playoffs. However, I think it is possible at this point. I think it's been a good offseason and I think last year's team did not play up to their potential. I'm excited to see what this coaching staff does with them.

with your attitude, I can't imagine that you have fun being a fan. It is supposed to be fun after all.

A.) An entirely new coaching staff is not necessarily a good thing, seeing that it is as green as grass. B.) I don't see the upgrades you are talking about. Seems to me you are engaging in wishful thinking. Walter was less productive than Gaffney, Flanagan is long in the tooth and only has a few years left when the team won't be very productive, the defensive additions have very few sacks to their credit and the best that can be said about Weaver is something nebulous and hard to confirm such as "he's supposed to be good against the run" because he doesn't have many sacks either, etc., etc. C.) Even mentioning the playoffs and the Texans in the same breath without adding the phrase "won't be going for a long time" is highly unrealistic. Try saying that the Texans have an outside shot at the playoffs to anybody outside of this town who is objective and you'd be laughed out of the building. D.) I am not optimistic about this team at all. I believe Kubiak is leading it in the wrong direction and I am even less enthusiastic when I realize that Houston has to put up with his mistakes for several more years due to the length of his contract. However, I love NFL football. I don't believe I'll be rooting for the Texans that much this year, but I will enjoy going to the games for the fifth straight year and simply sitting back and watching football without getting emotionally involved. But even though this season will probably be just as difficult as it was last year, I was there for the entire season last year when half of the season ticket holders didn't even bother to show up and I'll be there this year as well. We'll just see how great the so-called "fan support" coming from this town is when the team fails to meet the unrealistically high expectations once again.

Bobo said:
We'll just see how great the so-called "fan support" coming from this town is when the team fails to meet the unrealistically high expectations once again.

that is one big problem with the way they the new guys are building the team. McNair wants people to be excited and wants people back in the stadium. The easiest way to do that is sign some decent players instead of trying to develop guys on the job (clearly the old coaches were unable to do this) and draft a high profile offensive weapon in either Bush or Young. You draft Young the problem is he wont play for a couple of years so you get no bang for your buck.

I would rather see them tear this thing down some and build it the right way. But, as I said above, the fans are not coming so McNair has to keep the ship afloat.

Trenches said:
But, as I said above, the fans are not coming so McNair has to keep the ship afloat.

Hahaha! Awfully cynical, but true none-the-less.

Bobo said:
You've got to be kidding. This team allows all those sacks year in and year out and you think the team needs just one OL? And you call ME melodramatic?

By saying we need a RT/LT that implied that we need TWO players. With MnKinney moving back to his more experienced position we dont need to focus on Guards, but we are lacking with Chester Pitts on the outside. We should take tackles with the 3rd and 4th pick, or the 6th. 5th will be traded to the Bills.

Bobo said:
I was there for the entire season last year when half of the season ticket holders didn't even bother to show up and I'll be there this year as well.

Well aren't you just the All-American Boy Scout of this little group? I'm happy to say that with that last post you have earned the rank of "somewhere between the anus and the small intestine" in NFL fanship. Saying that you are a fan of the Texans and having a PMS ouburst about everything that Kubiak, the new coach, has done... it reduces you to worthless. If you have nothing positive to say, follow Capers to Miami and leave us be! I'm sure he will bring many days of glory to that lovely franchise. (by the way, since I am a Pats fan as well, I will LOVE seeing Capers at Miami.... 2 free wins for NE!) Good day.

theres no way we make the playoffs this year, Ben Franklin is willing to back my statement.

TexansLucky13 said:
Well aren't you just the All-American Boy Scout of this little group? I'm happy to say that with that last post you have earned the rank of "somewhere between the anus and the small intestine" in NFL fanship. Saying that you are a fan of the Texans and having a PMS ouburst about everything that Kubiak, the new coach, has done... it reduces you to worthless. If you have nothing positive to say, follow Capers to Miami and leave us be! I'm sure he will bring many days of glory to that lovely franchise. (by the way, since I am a Pats fan as well, I will LOVE seeing Capers at Miami.... 2 free wins for NE!) Good day.

I cheered so loud for the Texans the last four years that I lost my voice during many games. I had season tickets for all of those years and fully supported the team and the direction they were headed. I did renew my season tix this year -- so in many ways folks would still call me a "fan." But I am no longer excited over this team because of their HC decision and the direction he is taking the team. Does that mean I am no longer a "fan?" Does that mean that those folks who deserted the team last year were still "fans?" Does it also mean that those who failed to support Capers last year were no longer "fans?" When folks had nothing positive to say about Capers when he was still coach, does that mean they are no longer "fans?" Does the failure to support the team and the coach during their toughest time make them "worthless?" Depends on how you look at it, I guess.

Trenches said:
that is one big problem with the way they the new guys are building the team. McNair wants people to be excited and wants people back in the stadium. The easiest way to do that is sign some decent players instead of trying to develop guys on the job (clearly the old coaches were unable to do this) and draft a high profile offensive weapon in either Bush or Young. You draft Young the problem is he wont play for a couple of years so you get no bang for your buck.

I would rather see them tear this thing down some and build it the right way. But, as I said above, the fans are not coming so McNair has to keep the ship afloat.

Your short-sighted evaluation fails to take into consideration the accomplishments made by Capers during his first three years. He took that team way, way above its talent level -- including the new guys they were developing -- and had success at that time. He had one bad season and he was fired. Thank goodness for Pittsburgh and Seattle that upper management did not take that approach with their coaches.

Bobo said:
Your short-sighted evaluation fails to take into consideration the accomplishments made by Capers during his first three years. He took that team way, way above its talent level -- including the new guys they were developing -- and had success at that time. He had one bad season and he was fired. Thank goodness for Pittsburgh and Seattle that upper management did not take that approach with their coaches.

Bobo, until you drop the "Capers was the greatest thing since sliced bread" angle, nobody is going to take you serious. There is a reason why he was fired from Carolina after a few seasons and right after that they had great success. There is a reason why he was fired from Houston after a couple of seasons and hopefully soon after Kubiak will lead us to more success (he's already making good decisions). There is a reason why he didn't get a new head coaching job when we fired him. He is a bad head coach.

Please for the love of god, stop pimping Capers.

Carr Bomb said:
Bobo, until you drop "Capers was the greatest thing since sliced bread" angle, nobody is going to take you serious. There is a reason why he was fired from Carolina after a few seasons and right after that they had great success. There is a reason why he was fired from Houston after a couple of seasons and hopefully soon after Kubiak will lead us to more success (he's already making good decisions). There is a reason why he didn't get a new head coaching job when we fired him. He is a bad head coach.

Please for the love of god, stop pimping Capers.

And there was a reason why Pittsburgh and Seattle DIDN'T fire Cowher and Holmgren. Most people are ignoring not only what Capers did for this franchise but what he did for the town in general. You certainly won't see the same excitement and electricity that Capers brought to this town in the near future that led to so many false starts from the opposition. The point is this: The Texans fired a fine head coach and they are continuing to make bone-headed mistakes almost every day. His decisions, as I've pointed out on many occasions, are not good ones and show that he is what he is -- an inexperienced NFL head coach who spent more time in the skybox than down on the sidelines where head coaches really earn their mettle. You are going to be in for some long, lean years with Kubiak at the helm, so be prepared or your high expectations once again with be dashed against the rocky ground of defeat.

Bobo said:
And there was a reason why Pittsburgh and Seattle DIDN'T fire Cowher and Holmgren. Most people are ignoring not only what Capers did for this franchise but what he did for the town in general. You certainly won't see the same excitement and electricity that Capers brought to this town in the near future that led to so many false starts from the opposition. The point is this: The Texans fired a fine head coach and they are continuing to make bone-headed mistakes almost every day. His decisions, as I've pointed out on many occasions, are not good ones and show that he is what he is -- an inexperienced NFL head coach who spent more time in the skybox than down on the sidelines where head coaches really earn their mettle. You are going to be in for some long, lean years with Kubiak at the helm, so be prepared or your high expectations once again with be dashed against the rocky ground of defeat.

I do, very much, hope you keep getting season tickets. Because I will be there as well. And also, I do hope to bump into you sometime. :ok:

I will be there at their first playoff appearance, which will not come next year, but '07 sounds like a Texans kind of year. The fact that you anger everyone on this board only means that the fanbase is extremely forgiving, and we accept the changes that were made. Maybe you should join on the bandwagon here... I mean, in the end... you will be screaming your head off when the Texans cut through the Playoffs like hot knife through butter. Wouldnt it be satisfying to know that you had faith in them all along, when that day comes?

Bobo said:

Bobo we've been over this before, you've got to stop comparing Cowher and Holmgren to Capers.

Cowher and Holmgren both have superbowl rings and both took their team to winning records and playoffs (Cowher), before having ONE let down season.

After 3 years Capers never had a season above .500 and in his last season lead his team to the worst record in all of football and back to the #1 pick. Results like this get you fired in the NFL plain and simple. Capers is a great man, He's a great person, but he had to go and before you blast Kubiak for having no experience (which btw I saw in another thread you sided with Childress, who also has zero head coaching experience) you have to admit Kubiak so far has done a good job in his short tenure, is saying all the right thing, and has done fairly well this offseason as far as getting players at a good bargain for talent. Speaking of offseasons name one successful offseason we've had in the Capers era.

Carr Bomb said:
Bobo we've been over this before, you've got to stop comparing Cowher and Holmgren to Capers.

Cowher and Holmgren both have superbowl rings and both took their team to winning records and playoffs (Cowher), before having ONE let down season.

After 3 years Capers never had a season above .500 and in his last season lead his team to the worst record in all of football and back to the #1 pick. Results like this get you fired in the NFL plain and simple. Capers is a great man, He's a great person, but he had to go and before you blast Kubiak for having no experience (which btw I saw in another thread you sided with Childress, who also has zero head coaching experience) you have to admit Kubiak so far has done a good job in his short tenure, is saying all the right thing, and has done fairly well this offseason as far as getting players at a good bargain for talent. Speaking of offseasons name one successful offseason we've had in the Capers era.

A.) Capers' accomplishments with an expansion team were greater than Cowher's or Holmgren's before the SB. Seattle and Pittsburgh both had an infrastructure long before both of them came to their respective teams. They had a nucleus to start with. Capers had none of that. He had to create his own nucleus. And that nucleus is now there with Carr, Davis, Johnson, etc. B.) To criticize Capers over not having a winning season is pretty ludicrous when you take into account that he was coaching an expansion team druing its first three years. C.) Capers was a good coach -- saying he was "a great man" is like someone describing your blind date as having "nice eyes." D.) Capers didn't "have to go" anymore than Cowher or Holmgren "had to go" after they had a bad season since Capers accomplishments were just as admirable as theirs, if not moreso. E.) I "sided with Childress" in regards to him getting more wins than Kubiak because he has a better team that has a lot more wins than the Texans have had in their last three years. Any guy who can breathe will win more games as coach with the Vikes than Kubiak will with the Texans. And a large percentage of those who voted in the poll agree with me on that one. E.) No, I don't have to admit Kubiak has done a good job because he's already made numerous mistakes which I have already outlined. F.) Who cares what Kubiak says? I don't even listen to the guy anyway. In fact, I don't even know what he sounds like. I really don't. And if I ran into him on the street, I wouldn't know him. Whenever they say he's going to be on radio or TV, I turn the station off. Kubiak is a ratings killer as far as I'm concerned. G.) I would say any off season that brings constant improvement to an expansion team is a successful one. Sometimes the best deals you can make are those you don't make. Capers was just trying to give his young team time to mature and constantly making changes is not the way to go about doing that. Now Kubiak is in there and seems to just be making changes just to put his own stamp on the team with no real rhyme nor reason, resulting in some blatant cronyism.

Back