Cory Bradford

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by tacoman_j, Mar 21, 2005.

1. tacoman_j

tacoman_j Veteran

The BEST RECIEVER in WORLD has narrowed his prospects to the LIONS and TEXANS. I'm hoping that we keep him @ a reduced cost.

Source: ESPN 790 AM

2. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

LoL why would he want to be the Lions 3rd or 4th receiver when he could probably still be the #2 here? I wouldn't mind seeing him back if it's for less than he made last year...

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

I would rather keep him, and use our draft picks on other things.

4. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

If we aren't drafting a WR with our first pick, I hope we sign him.

5. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

6. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I disagree with those of you saying signing Bradford would mean that we don't look WR in the draft...Chances are if we sign Corey, it will only be for a year, maybe two years tops...Most WRs coming into the league take a year or two to develop...Looks like Bradford may just be keeping a seat warm...

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I think if we signed him.. we wouldnt look to WR in the draft. we have talent at the position, we dont really NEED anymore... if we drafted a WR it would be because we need a speedster. if Bradford came back and filled that role.. even for a year.. I dont think we would draft WR.. it could wait until next year.

8. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

no to bradford, no team gave him respect last year, so i dont want him back. mike williams all the way baby :thumbup

9. HoustonLionsFan

HoustonLionsFan Veteran

FYI- If the Lions get another WR, they will probably cut Az Hakim. Heck, they may cut him anyway (June 1, 2.35 mil off the cap). So Bradford would probably be #3, however, we all know about Crog's health. That is why the Lions are looking for another WR.

10. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I think the Glassman can stay healthy this year...Don't ask me why...It's just the impression that I get after seeing guys like Grant Hill finally stay relatively healthy, but I'm well aware that you can't bank on hope...I would think yall would want to bring in somebody better than Bradford, though...

11. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

Grant hill wont have to run a slant over the middle. Plus they were his collarbones. They will never be the same they will be weaker. Besides I think Bradfor would be a good receiver if he ran something other than a hail mary route this year.

12. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Yeah true, I agree with you somewhat on the Rogers issue...

If his football career doesn't work out, he could go back to commercials..

"I'm...Charles...Rogers...I had 22 catches and 3 career touchdowns" (weak impression of his draft day commercial in 2003)...

13. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

Im sure Fox, ESPN, NFL, or CBS could use his extensive gametime experience and propel him into a top notch analyst. He can be right up there with Randy Cross, Bill Maas, and Brian Baldinger.

14. spence425

spence425 Rookie

whatever man...CRog has a metal plate in his collarbone. and if he breaks the other one, they'll put one in that too....bionic man baby. as a lions fan and a texans fan, i think either team would benefit greatly from bradford. i like his style, and i think he's got more skill than a lot of number 3 WRs out there.

15. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

"Bionic Man" should be visiting his friend "Milkman" to strengthen his bones. :neener:

Its unfortunate, but he may be a bust, though I hope he is not I enjoyed watching him in college. Plus with the Emergence of Roy Williams there won't be immense pressure on his performance.

Oh and by the way I think He has broken both collarbones. I think his rookie year he broke one and this year he broke the other.

16. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

Bradford would be a nice keep, only if he is willing to accept his role in the event that someone steps up and takes his job. The guy has always shown potential, but never stepped up to that next level. Think about it, he had a future NFL Hall of Famer throwing him the ball in Green Bay, and couldn't get on the same page! Sign him to protect your receiving corp, but if Michael Clayton falls to #13 in the draft, you have your #2 receiver to go along with another future hall of famer...........#80 Andre the Great! :thumbup

17. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

I meant to say....Mark Clayton, Oklahoma, WR!!!!

18. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Mark Clayton will likely still be on the board until the 22nd pick...He's the 4th best WR in this draft...

19. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

It will be interesting to see how much his height plays into his draft positioning. He was measured at about 5'9", right?

If we discard that #, how does he compare to the 3 above him in terms of hands, route running, and speed, and quickness?

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Clayton is smaller and quicker (but not a burner) like a run and shoot type WR (think Drew Hill and Earnest Givins). If you are not that old he compares to the Patriots Deion Branch.