'Corporate' Tailgaters Taking over Blue Lot!!!

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Mean Machine, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Veteran

I sent the following email to Ted Dickerson, the Chief of Parking at Reliant Stadium on Mon Oct 26. I have heard nothing back from him. Not sure if others feel the way I do, but nonetheless, I wanted to get this out there...Your lot could be NEXT!

10/26/09
    Mr Dickerson,
    As a inaugural season ticket holder and Blue lot parking pass lot/tailgater, I must share with you a serious concern. I have noticed this season, 2009, the influx of 'corporate' tailgate party set ups in the Blue lot. This has a very damaging effect on the camraderie established with existing tailgaters that have bonded and formed friendships over the previous seasons with fellow tailgaters. My suggestion, is to some how set up a 'chalet' area, away from the established Blue Lot Tailgaters. I have attended many major motorsports events and this is how they cater to the corporate crowd.

Perhaps the Platinum lot or even the lot directly south of Reliant Stadium would be a nice location. But I have grave concerns of the 'overtaking' of the Blue Lot by corporate tailgate set ups.

2. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

What corporate folks are you talking about?

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Thanks a lot for suggesting Platinum!!:aggressive: You don't think there are dedicated tailgating fans who have been there since day ONE in that lot???!! Leave us alone!

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

These corporations are probably shelling out big bucks for PSLs and/or luxury suites. And if that's the case, I don't see the corporate folks inside Reliant Stadium doing much about their tailgating.

My suggestion would be to move to Platinum, Yellow, or Orange lots. These three lots seem to be where the DIY tailgaters set up shop.

5. Dr2bKay

Dr2bKay All Pro

I have noticed this during this season. There are alot of "corporations that are saving parking spots for their set ups. I have spoken with the blue shirts about it and they said that it is hard to determine if a person owns that many spots or not....:cool: So I may just have to move over to the Platinum lot next year so I can have a reserved spot each game and I won't have to worry about the foolishness.

6. jjjezebel

jjjezebel ¬°Ay, caramba!

I agree with G-ma! Being a smaller lot, we'd rather more tailgaters who don't like the other lots force out the folks who use the Platinum lot more for convenience, and get more *real* folks in to tailgate with us. But not a bunch of corporate tailgates! Sheesh!

I'd rather they stay out in the larger lots, instead of taking over our space.

7. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Platinum lot is always sold out. Very hard to move in unless you get lucky.

8. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

The Yellow Lot is the epitome of non-corporate tailgate parties. It's the workin' mans lot. No 401k talk...no 3 piece suits...no high-falutin' wine sippers...just good times.

9. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

send 'em over to Red...we're friendly folk over here. :chef:

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

so Bill brought his "corporate sponsors" from treasures huh
    :ant:

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

:spit:

12. BobbleTexan

BobbleTexan Rookie

Texanmojo,
    You must have missed the Zeus Mortgage setup in the yellow lot Sunday. I like out workin mans lot........lets keep it that way.........

:fans:

13. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Come on Kay I know we have room for you

14. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Ain't noone getting our lot. Platinum is sold out and you can get on the waiting list but you aint getting up close. Come on by and enjoy the most Family oriented Tailgate inthe NFL The Blue Crew

15. texanmojo

I didn't see them as I was too busy having an incredible time with the rest of the workin' folk! I'm pretty sure there isn't a whole lot of that corporate BS in the Yellow as compared to Blue or Platinum. I've been hearing about alot of the corporate BS in Blue...not too sure about some of the others though.

16. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Definitely. I was discouraged by it because of that. Gots to be on a list or you're out.

17. texanmojo

There has NEVER been a list at TexanMojo!

18. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

When you got it going right ain't nothing gets in your way. Goes for all lots
    They just got to take a back space or your not getting to the stadium soon enough. When we were blue I got there at 6 but when thay tried to get in front of me I got there at 5 and when they tried to get in front of that I got there at 4:30. Your Determination will get you what you want. Corporate people are fans too and they deserve to be where they paid to be.

19. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

A freak'n men brother!!!!

Yellow is where you go for serious tailgating!

I don't think I'll see any 3 pieces standing in the wet grass/mud taking shotguns with us!

20. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

This is what you need to do, since there are no reserving spaces, just park with your people anyways.. They cannot cone places off, they cannot stand there and hold them, they cannot put a chair there.. If they have the passes in their vehicle, that is one thing, but if they just have 1 pass and are holding 3 others or whatever, just pull in there and park. If they have a problem with it, too bad. The TexansGameday Ambassadors need to be more assertive on that, as the ones in the Orange lot care for the people.
    The book that came with the tickets this year states that there is no saving of spots, use your rights as well as a ticket holder and do what you gotta do. Now I am not saying to be ugly about it, but if you are there first and have the pass and they cannot show you enough passes for the spaces, then have at it !!