Corner # 2 not better, Quin?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Sep 30, 2011.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

WIn or lose I want to see someone step up. KJ may not play and I have zero confidence in Allen whom I had hoped to have a solid if not spetacular season playing only CB.

If this spot is still a disaster after Sunday, I recommend Quin moving back and either Nolan or Allen playing opposite Manning.

Your thoughts?

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Far as I can tell, Jackson has had roughly 9 minutes of inexcusable play.

The Coaches identified it & they "corrected it" Monday.... let's see if it took.

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Interesting. Did they say what "it" was or how it was "corrected"? I sure hope this is good info.

BTW, the average passing play is what like 15 seconds? If so, 4 of those in a minute x 9 of your minutes and that is 36 plays? An average of 12 bad plays a game? Even I don't think he is that bad.

4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Well, it was actually less than that.... 6 I think in that Saints game.... nothing terrible (or spectacular for that matter) in the other two.

So that averages out to 2 a game.......

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Just ribbing you.

6. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

jackson gave up 8 receptions out of the 9 times he was thrown at. If we hadnt had such good pressure on Brees in the first halk KJ would of looked even worse. 8 out of 9. come on that is beyond terrible.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think coaches will focus on that 1 and then fix the other 8.
    :splits:

8. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Or opposing dc's will watch the tape from the Saints game and pick on KJ until Phillips gets him out of there. He sucks. The Texans have got to learn to put the best players on the field. Stop running KJ out there because he was a 1st round pick last year. Quin should be moved back to cb. Our mlbs were exposed by Graham last week also. In the NFL once a weakness is exposed opposing teams will go after that weakness until it is fixed. Last year it never got fixed. Luckily the Texans are getting more pressure on qbs and that helps some. It will get them a few more wins than last year but the Texans will not be able to beat the elite teams and surely die a quick playoff death.

9. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Pretty sure I heard on the news tonight that KJ is out for the Steelers game.

10. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

I feel bad for almost kinda sorta liking this :runaway:

11. bo orlando

bo orlando Veteran

i think the problem was more that the texans have been protecting kj through the first 2 1/2 games with near-constant safety help. texans couldn't do this anymore when the saints opened up the offense in the second half and were able to isolate kj on a quality receiver. any OC already knows this is the gameplan against the texans. fortunately, not every team has the talent to exploit this. better pray we don't meet the patriots or chargers if we make the playoffs.

12. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

If it were only that easy, evey player would be a pro bowler.
    You can't make chicken salad out of chicken chit.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

enjoy the show :htown2atx:

14. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

still saw move Quinn back to #2 and let Nolan play SS...

15. Rey

Rey Guest

No way would I move Glover from Safety...

He is not great in man coverage, and he has been playing safety pretty well IMO. His run support from the safety position is excellent, and besides the time he was manned up on J.Grahm I don't recall him getting beat badly.

Where is McCain at? Where is McMannis? Brandon Harris? These are the guys I want to see get more playing time.

And Allen does suck at a number of things, but he is like the Steve Slaton of CB's...If he plays enough he's going to get his hands on some balls and make some things happen. It's jus that for most of the time he's in, he's sucking.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think it's too early to start playing Musical Chairs.

Quin is learning his new position & doing a damn good job. Nolan really doesn't look much better than he did last year once you figure the limited time he's played & the number of mistakes he's made.

I'd go forward with the plan they've got, if they don't think Jackson is cutting it, McCain, McMannis (who I believe is hurt), Harris need to move up on the depth chart. Leave Allen in his "support" role, but when those guys screw up, get them off the field right then & there correct him, then send him back in & get Allen off the field. Don't wait until he's given up 70 yds & a TD.

17. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

I doubt Kareem plays Sunday...which might be good .....someone else steps in.....next man up.....

18. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Yeh, KJ is banged up, and sounds like he's out this week last I heard.

19. Rey

Rey Guest

Honestly, from what I've seen, McMannis is the guy I'd have out there right now. (If he's healthy)

I don't know if he plays the long ball well, but he seems to play short and medium stuff better than the Allen and Kjax. I really dislike McCain's lack of physicality, but he plays Man to Man and the deep ball well. I don't know anything about Brandon Harris on the NFL level, but from what I've seen I like how he goes up and challenges receivers for the ball....He is a physical player but I just don't know what he is about right now...

It would be nice if we could find a way to use each of these guys at what they are best at. If you have corners that are better when the field gets shorter in the redzone, play them down there....If you have guys that play long passes better, play them when you think the situation calls for it...Mix up the personnel...Get the best use out of each guy...

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck and it's time to call Kareem Jackson exactly what he is.....A COMPLETE BUST.

He sucks and the sooner he is pulled from the starting lineup the faster this team can improve in the secondary. I hope he is out this week, it will be nice watching a game where he doesn't even step out on the field.