Cook, BJ, and McKenzie

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ibar_Harry, May 24, 2006.

1. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Cook and BJ now are on the multimedia and the scripts of McKenzie are on the news at the Web Site.

So far I like McKenzie better than Smith. Its a perception thing, but I thought there was to much I in Smith. He's smart but his interview came off as snobish to me. I thought McKenzies statements were more down to earth. I want a different source of information, not just a yes man.

Cook's interview is very interesting. He loves football and he is smart. Sounds like he already knows his role as well as everyone elses on the offensive team. 1st impressions are often difference makers and I was extremely impressed with how he handled himself and the interview. Kubiak was right about this guy. Tampa said he was a player and I can believe that.

BJ's interview was mostly he's an on the field type of interview and he doesn't show any signs of his injuries. He missed a laser from Carr, but I'm not certain anyone could have caught it anyway. It was simply good to see him there and obviously hustling.

I'm just posting what I feel and encourage everyone to take advantage of what is up on the Web site. Enjoy yourself and form your own opinions. That's what it is all about.

2. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Obviously we aren't privy to the meetings and what transpired between
    McNair and these prospects for the GM job, bit you'd have to think Smith
    has the edge because of his past association with the HC, and the strong
    role McNair appears to have given Kubiak in the decision-making process.

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

4. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Just as obviously I don't know what I'm talking about here, but does anyone else get the impression McNair likes some conflict beween his GM and coach?

5. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I'm leaning towards McKenzie. I don't think we need another yes man to Kubes. I like the HC but the GM should stand as a sounding board. He is liked by our a'head coach even if he may be gone in 2007. Both candidates seem knowledgable.

6. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

My view of the GM search so far is this

Smith = Kubiak in 2001 interviewing for the Texans job

McKenzie = Kubiak the 2nd time around

I love what I hear about McKenzie