**CONTEST***Who Is Your Favorite Football Player? Texans or Any Other Team!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Luv_ya_blue, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

~*~CONTEST~*~

Let's have a little contest before this season gets kicked off!

In 100 words or less, please tell us
    "Who Is Your Favorite Pro Football Player and Why."

Your favorite can be a player on the Texans Team or on another Team, it doesn't make any difference to me.

Your player MUST BE A CURRENT AND ACTIVE PLAYER on an NFL team! No former players!!!

The contest will begin TODAY July 25, 2006 and will end on Friday August 11, 2006.

Two "prizes" will be awarded. One prize for First Place and One prize for Runner-up! The First Place Prize Winner will have their choice of the following...

[​IMG]
    1st Prize Winner can either choose from one of the above cards:
    David Carr/Yao Ming ROOKIE CARD!
    Dominick Davis #ed ROOKIE CARD!
    David Carr Die Cut ROOKIE CARD!
    Dunta Robinson ROOKIE JERSEY CARD!

~~OR~~

I will try and find a card of YOUR favorite player from my collection and send THAT specific player card to you. If I don't have that player, I will try to comprise a few cards from your TEAM of preference and you can choose from those. I have over 300+ jersey and autograph cards in my collection and they are all good cards. I'm sure I can find something that you will like.

The Second Prize Winner will choose a card from the choices shown above!

I will mail the card to the winners after the contest is closed!

The winners will be selected by myself and a few other "ANONYMOUS" Texans Board Members, that I will choose after the contest is concluded.

Let's have some fun with this guys!
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME AGAIN!!!

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Allright, I'll take a stab at it. My 50 words start below.

My favorite player is Mike Vick. He is possibly the most exciting breakaway player in the NFL, and makes defenses scheme differently for him. He is capable of winning any game at any time, and always picks himself up after a big hit. He IS the franchise. He constantly delivers huge performances, and his 40 yard run over minnesota in overtime to win the game is one of the greatest plays I've ever witnessed. Mike Vick is a winner, from Virginia Tech to Atlanta. Anyone who watched him in the national championship could testify to his heart....Vick never quits.

100 exactly by my count.

3. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

My favourite player is Julius Jones. I have followed Notre Dame football all my life and have never seen a runner like him. When he is healthy he could be one of the best backs in the league. Unlike most other athletes, Jones' desire to play football comes before money. Whenever he plays he plays with his heart. He also does great things for the community of Dallas since he has been signed with the team. There's nothing more that you could ask from a player that Julius does not give to his team.

4. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Alrighty here it goes.

Andre Johnson is my favorite player because he is a playmaker who makes defensive backs look like their playing pee wee football and when he has the ball the secondary know whats going to happen, Touchdown Texans! He is also one of the most underrated Recivers in the NFL. He is one of the few players that gets Defensive Cordinators headaches preparing on how to stop him.

5. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

nope i counted. we are all fine

6. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Oh sorry, i counted letters! ahhhh man do i feel smart lol.

7. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

49 words for me.

8. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

D'Angelo Williams. He will make everyone forget Reggie Bush...

nuff said...

9. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    My favorite player is Jarrett Payton. His dad is one of the greatest backs of all time and I followed Payton through college while he was at Miami. He showed that he could get the job done when he was placed in as starting running back. As an undrafted free agent he made the Titans practice squad and was even moved up to the roster and got some playing time. For any undrafted free agent to make the team is quite spectacular. He scored against us and he showed he will be a solid #2 in the future.

10. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

You might expect me to say AJ or D-Rob, but my favorite player is Glenn Earl. He came in with a chip on his shoulder, sliding all the way to the sixth round. He may struggle at times, but has at times been the catalyst in our defense. One of my favorite plays of all times was when Earl dived for a pass and made an interception. He was one of the lone bright spots in our 2-14 year.

11. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Whether you love him or hate him, David Carr has shown nothing but class and toughness throughout his first four years in the league. He has been battered and bruised, and continues to fight for his team. Some “professionals” would make a fuss about the lack of aid he has received to this point, but he continues to work hard and stay positive. While he still has plenty to prove, Carr has proven his merit to me with the way he deals with controversy, both on and off the field. Field General of the future southern powerhouse, David Carr.

12. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

[​IMG]

My favorite player is Ed Reed, University of Miami Alum that go on to the NFL have had a bad reputation of being selfish-uncontrollable-headaches. Mr. Reed comes from "The U" my favorite football college, he's extremely mild mannered and well behaved. There was a situation in his contract year where it was about time for him to be re-sign and no deal had been worked out. Mr Reed stayed patience and didn't cause a big ruckus and was eventually signed to a LONG term deal for boatloads of money. Not to mention he's my favorite cause he is a heck of a DB (my former position). First DB to make DPOTY since like early 80s or late 70s or something .. I cant remember..

13. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Favre

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Yup

15. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Your favorite player is a titan :challenge

Man i was expecting a lot more posts on your favorite player

16. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

My favorite player is Keith Bulluck because, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, he's a Bad Mother F$^#er.

17. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

My favorite player in the NFL that is not on the Texan's roster is LaVar Arrington. Arrington brings the ability to change a game and is a special talent. He has top speed and the size of some linemen. He is fearless in tackles and relentless in his pursuits. He is not afraid to throw his body full force into the ball carrier. I also enjoyed watching him play because he devistated the Cowboys for a few seasons, which makes any Texan fan happy.

18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

You said current player right? If not, Earl would be the easy choice for me, though Lee Roy Selmon and Lawrence Taylor would be my 2 runner ups.

Right now I would have to go with Michael Strahan though I hope Mario takes that role for me.

19. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

I am going with Troy Polamalu because he has cool hair, a fierce Samoan warrior attitude and plays hard. [​IMG]

20. santo

santo Hall of Fame

I like Carson Palmer...don't really know why, maybe because he helped the Bengals reach the playoffs....wouldn't mind if he became a Texan though :stirpot:

[​IMG]