Connor Barwin Interview...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EmDiggy, Apr 8, 2011.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

Good Morning TexansTalk! Saturday Morning I will be interviewing Connor Barwin on "The Football Gameplan Radio Show" at 11am EST.. What questions would you like me to ask him?

You can listen to the show live at www.blogtalkradio.com/footballgameplan
    and the Call-in number is (323)657-1489

Thanks for your input gang...you guys did an AWESOME job with Fan questions! I really appreciate that!:smooch:

False Start likes this.
  2. idymoe

idymoe Rookie

Obvious ones. How is the strength in the ankle? Overall strength in leg compared to healthy leg. What is he doing to learn his responsibilities in Phillips' 3-4? I remember an interview during his combine when he said he thought his best position in the NFL could be OLB in a 3-4. How does he feel about that now?

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Will he please please get 100% fully recovered so he can become an All Pro OLB!!???

Obvious questions regarding the injury, his rehab and if there could be any lingering issues associated with the injury.

Also, about Wade's playbook. If he's allowed to study (on his own) some of what Wade may implement. And what he thinks Wade will bring to the defense that they haven't had.

4. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

Thanks Gang as always!! It should be a great interview!

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Ask him if going on a humanitarian mission set his rehab back.

If he says it didn't ask him how his fully rehabbed ankle is doing and how he thinks it will hold up to the riggors of an NFL season. If there is a season.

6. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Ask him if he blames Antonio Smith for losing his balance and falling down and Rolling over his ankle.

Ask him what sort of workouts or physical fitness he is capable of doing at this time. Ie jogging, running, type of weight lifting upper/lower body and the weight he uses.

Has he been training with any other Texans? If so, who? If he says Cushing, ask him about the workouts.

Keep up the good work EMdiggy!

7. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Ask him how the injury has affected his lateral agility and explosiveness. Where does he feel that he'll fit into Phillips 3-4 system? Has he talked with Phillips about the 3-4 and Barwins role? Has he had the chance to study a Phillips 3-4 play book? I envision Barwin as the SOLB in Phillips system, where does he see himself?

Also ask him if he knows anything about other injured players (Ryans and Tate) and how their rehab is going?

8. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    How would he feel about the texans taking another OLB to rush the passer at 11?

Ask how he felt about being a situational guy and how he feels about being expected to play every down.

Ask is he feels (or really, if he's aware) that his presence is a big reason why the Texans think they have the talent to make the switch to 3-4.

9. Rey

Rey Guest

Ask him when/if he expects to get to pre-injury form.

Also can you ask him if he is expecting to play on the strong or weak side.

10. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

How many times have you heard any player say that he is NOT "there" or almost "there" .......unless they can't crawl to the microphone?

Because of the type of injury that he sustained, and the position he is expected to play, besides the obvious importance of regaining muscular strength, the maneuver that is most difficult to regain with stability is that of sharply "cutting." If he regains this, he will probably regain close to his preinjury status. If not, he won't. Optimal performance should not be expected before the end of the season, if not next season.

Wolf likes this.
  11. Rey

Rey Guest

See...That's what I'm worried about...

With him and Demeco...

Lot's of folks just penciling these guys in as productive starters, but I'm not going to be sold on it until I see it. Especially with Barwin...

12. Rey

Rey Guest

See...That's what I'm worried about...

With him and Demeco...

Lot's of folks just penciling these guys in as productive starters, but I'm not going to be sold on it until I see it. Especially with Barwin...

I would not count on Barwin to be a starter there...I'd definitely bring in some competition for his spot.

13. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Ask him when he is expecting to become all pro OLB. And, please tell him that we all love him and hoping for full recovery.

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I am worried about Barwin and Meco getting back anywhere near normal this year and doubt very much that Meco ever gets there given the nature of his injury.

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If you had to guess,

Which one of Ryans or Barwin would be closest to 100% to begin the 2011 season ?

16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Barwin's road to recovery is dependent on what I wrote above and will probably be predictable.

Demeco with his ruptured Achilles unfortunately may be more predictable......but in a bad way. This is the most quoted study for such an injury in an NFL player. I would suggest that anyone interested in this serious injury carefully read this little summary taken from Epidemiology and outcomes of Achilles tendon ruptures in the National Football League presented at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 73rd Annual Meeting, Chicago, March 2006.

17. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

AWESOME Guys!!! Tune in today for the show and as always, I'm giving TexansTalk the BIGGEST shout out!

Wolf likes this.
  18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

thanks for the info ..rep to ya!

19. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Veteran

76Texan likes this.
  20. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

about 64 minutes into it

ankle rehab is going well .. about month away from being 100 percent.
    liking the new role in 3-4.. matches his skill set at sam or will.. great opportunity

feels he can play either side. he would like to play the Will (kinda what demarcus ware did) but either side is good.

loves the Texans d-line...awesome guys. very talented players on the line.. he is excited

he is in Houston and is with other players doing conditioning at Rice university.

preparing for the mental side of the 3-4... he was given parts of playbook, pictures and DVD's and he has been watching and studying what he had been given earlier.