Congratulations Texans, you now have the same record as the Rams

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by cdollaz, Nov 7, 2010.

1. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

A team who only won 1 game last year.

Anyone who still thinks that the Texans are anything more than an average-at-best team is an i d i o t.

2. PhilpW

PhilpW Irish-American

Last place in the division.

3. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

and may not in until week 16 against Denver....

4. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

***** birds are in full display.

5. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

You're so courageous and resilient. Teach us to be like you please?

6. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Except that is a meaningless statistic. See, I can come up with a meaningless stat too:
    The Texans also have the same number of wins or more than Minnesota who was the 2nd best team in the NFC last year, Arizona/Cincy(who were playoff teams). They are currently 1 game back of GB(last year playoff team), Defending Super Bowl Champ NO, and perennially tough Pitt.

See, I can also come up with ridiculous meaningless stats.

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Exactly. I don't know why people say stuff like this.

8. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Here's a meaningless stat for you. We are 4-4, with an incredibly hard schedule coming up. How does 9 years with no playoffs sound for a meaningless stat?

9. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Whatever. Your stats are anywhere near as sensationalized!

Sigh, I love post game meltdowns on here.

10. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

But that's not what this thread is about.

11. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Meh. It's just another thread talking about how mediocre we are. I couldn't care less either way. We are a mediocre team. That's all there is to it.

12. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Who cares about what the Rams' record is? That makes no difference to our current situation.

13. arb729

arb729 Veteran

i dont post here often, i realize that. but i have one question: why are most of you even fans of this team? if they make you this angry and you get this crazy after a loss, just move on. find a new team, give up football, whatever. what's the sense of getting this worked up over them if you (seemingly) won't even enjoy a victory without complaining. news flash: ***** and moan all you want, the front office isn't going to take your suggestions. you might as well just enjoy football, or sports in general, for what they are: entertainment. if you hate movies, you wouldn't go to the local theatre and pay to watch one, so if you hate the texans, why even turn them on? sure, i'm going to get bashed for saying all this, but i would really love an explanation to all this. i'm as frusterated as anyone about this team. i live in new england and have to deal with arrogant and annoying patriots fans in my ear all year talking about how much the texans suck. guess what? who gives a shit. i enjoy watching them, obviously more when they win, but i'm still going to be a fan tomorrow. what good does it do to compare their record to a team's from a year ago or compare this team to the ones in the past? either man up and be a true fan, or hop off the wagon and start fresh elsewhere, in my opinion.

buddyboy and Goatcheese like this.
  14. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

They are 1 in a long line of teams who have been crappy/average one season, and then shown much improvement in the next.

As opposed to the Texans, which has some fans who think a baby-step here and there is OK, with nothing to really show for it.

The point is, that 4 straight average/mediocre seasons shouldn't be acceptable to anyone.

15. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

So, you think a true fan is one who accepts the team's situation no matter what, and doesn't expect improvement and excellence?

My definition of a true fan is one who loves the team so much, they can't stand it when a crappy product is put on the field, and demands something better.

16. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Fan are emotionally invested in the team, which is understandable. But bitching and moaning and calling for the coaches head at the halfway point of the season is ridiculous, especially when the team isn't out of it.

Yes, the Texans have a hard schedule coming up but that doesn't mean they can't make a run of wins. I think Texans' fan have been conditioned to expect the worse and dare the team to prove them wrong and when they don't, it justifies their pessimism.

17. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

They've played what, about 8 quarters of good football all year. It's not that they are just a .500 team, and mathematically still in it, it is that they have looked like a bad team more often that not.

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

One of the more ridiculous posts I’ve seen in quite a while. Just because I’m pissed, support the Soap crowd, does not mean I’m not a Texan fan. I’ve been a Texan fan since day one, and am still a Texan fan. But that does NOT mean I have to excuse their bad play and coaching.

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

And in response out comes the Texans Care-Bear Honor Guard to take everyone to task who has a problem with what they saw today.

J_R and wagonhed like this.
  20. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

quick let me change my avatar to show how upset i am at football in houston.