Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Congrats to Vince Young

JDizzle

I'm a dude
Come on .... he's a native Houstonian that went #3 overall. Regardless of who you wanted the Texans to take, show a little love for Vince. He really wanted to play here, and even though that didn't work out he was GENUINELY happy to get drafted in the top 5, albeit for the Titans.

I honestly wish nothing but the best for Vince, and I'm proud of the kid for representing Houston with some class on draft day!

10 Superbowl wins for Vince and LenDale. Book it.

Except, um, for the year that the Texans win it all. <_<

I'm happy for Vince......... I can see Lendale's "Vince is better than Leinart" comment is going to pay off for him.

I'm ecstatic that Vince was the first QB selected.

For Reggies sake, I hope the Saints move in the near future.

the Titans future is up in the air. Young and White are both big risk picks..with big possible rewards.

They will either become a powerhouse in the league again because of this draft.. or be set back alot further because of it.

Vince Young is going to lead the Titans to the Super Bowl...wish he was here. Congrats...lots of people said lots of disturbing things about him. Payback is sweet for him I'm sure.

I'm happy for Vince, he went to a great situation. Alot of people think I was down on him, but its alot more than that. I honestly don't believe Vince would of been able to succeed here. For one this is his hometown and there is ridiculous expectations for him here, and also bad influences and temptations here. If we would of took him #1 ovrl he would of have to deal with all of this and the pressure of being the #1 ovrl pick. Going to Tenn. is the best thing that could of happened to him. He goes to a team that doesn't think he is god, doesn't have to deal with the pressure of being the ovrl pick, is going to have patience with him, and doesn't have to deal with the crazy distractions he would've had to deal with here.

Good for you Vince, best of luck.

I wish Vince nothing but the best. I will always cheer for him. I think he will make the Texans pay for not picking him...

Good Luck VY....you are loved!! :)

Congrats to MR Fly..You looked good today bro. I can't stand the Titans...is it a sin to get a retro Oiler Young jersey?......j/k We better get a Safety to chase down Young.

LonghornBabe said:
I wish Vince nothing but the best. I will always cheer for him. I think he will make the Texans pay for not picking him...

Good Luck VY....you are loved!! :)
I will cheer for him as well, except when he is playing the Texans !!! :)

JackDizzle said:
Come on .... he's a native Houstonian that went #3 overall. Regardless of who you wanted the Texans to take, show a little love for Vince. He really wanted to play here, and even though that didn't work out he was GENUINELY happy to get drafted in the top 5, albeit for the Titans.

I honestly wish nothing but the best for Vince, and I'm proud of the kid for representing Houston with some class on draft day!
oh he'll be playing Texas...................trust me.

I was just trying to show a little love for the local ... not turn this in to another endless debate. I didn't know where to put it other than here since this is the official forum for the draft.

Snapple said:

Vince & Lendale in the backfield together ....WOW. If Lendale can sober up and get in the weight room (which is all together possible) that is gonna be great to watch over the course of the season.

I've always loved to hate Tennessee but ...I dunno. Their gonna be fun to watch.

Vince and Lendale twice a season
Bush right down I-10

This draft is gonna haunt us for an eternity if these guys we picked don't pan out.

nice draft for tennessee. managed to get the two most overrated players in the draft in the first two rounds.

Bud got some wildcards all right.
In his defense, both of 'em have good potential....but they also have some red flags.

JackDizzle said:

O.K.

But I still think UT needs a little reformation in their speech and communications departments.

I'm thrilled for Vince being chosen in the top 3, by a team on his short list of favorites, and that he was the first quarterback taken in the draft.

I'm also thrilled that I get gloating rights in my office on Monday.

I agree with Floyd Reese that Vince is going to redefine the quarterback position. Vince has an amazing future ahead of him.

The only thing that could have made me happier is if the Texans had taken him instead.

I hope Vince does well...because he's from Houston. That being said....I hope we crush him and the Titans whenever we play them. Nothing personal and I'm sure he understands.

I dont think he will "redefine" the QB position. Traditional style QB's will still be held in high regard and running / mobile QB's will remain the minority.

Snapple said:

I doubt this, Vince is not going to be able to lead any team for at least one year, probably closer to two, and their particular team does not have the talent to be anything but 4th place in our division, much less a Super Bowl contender. LenDale White is a solid RB but doesn't add much over what Chris Brown and Travis Henry bring to their team. If you really wanted the best situation for Vince (or any of the QBs at the top of this draft) you would have wished for them to go to Arizona, which is where Leinart ended up. They have two young Pro Bowl WRs in Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald along with Bryant Young and a new Pro Bowl RB in Edgerrin James, plus an upgraded TE in Leonard Pope and an improved OLine as well. That is the golden situation for any of these QBs to end up in, especially with the lack of defense in the NFC West. I firmly believe Leinart will have the best career of any of these three now, at least over the next 4-5 years for sure, although Cutler going to Denver could be interesting as well, I just don't see much production happening in the near future for any of the QBs in Tennessee.

MorKnolle said:
I doubt this, Vince is not going to be able to lead any team for at least one year, probably closer to two, and their particular team does not have the talent to be anything but 4th place in our division, much less a Super Bowl contender. LenDale White is a solid RB but doesn't add much over what Chris Brown and Travis Henry bring to their team. If you really wanted the best situation for Vince (or any of the QBs at the top of this draft) you would have wished for them to go to Arizona, which is where Leinart ended up. They have two young Pro Bowl WRs in Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald along with Bryant Young and a new Pro Bowl RB in Edgerrin James, plus an upgraded TE in Leonard Pope and an improved OLine as well. That is the golden situation for any of these QBs to end up in, especially with the lack of defense in the NFC West. I firmly believe Leinart will have the best career of any of these three now, at least over the next 4-5 years for sure, although Cutler going to Denver could be interesting as well, I just don't see much production happening in the near future for any of the QBs in Tennessee.

I think it's best VY went to Tennessee. Let them groom him for the next 4-5 years and then we pick him up when he is a free agent. You know he would love to come back home.

I belive its very possible that Vince could redefine the qb position. Its also possible that near the end of the season he could be stepping in for Mcnair or even at the start. But the so called Moblile QB is the wave of the future the problem is that the wave is still ten years away.

MarkLevi said:
I belive its very possible that Vince could redefine the qb position. Its also possible that near the end of the season he could be stepping in for Mcnair or even at the start. But the so called Moblile QB is the wave of the future the problem is that the wave is still ten years away.

In the same way that Michael Vick was supposed to redefine the position, without the elite NFL speed and a weaker but probably little more accurate arm. McNair is not going to be on their roster at the start of this season, they can't afford to keep him and he's not about to renegotiate after this mess they've put him thru. I don't see Vince getting any PT this year unless Volek gets hurt or they really suck and figure they have nothing to lose at the end of the year, maybe Bud will demand that he gets to play when the Titans come here just to spite the local fans, then Mario can break him in half and put Bud's major investment back on the sideline with a series of injuries.

kastofsna said:
nice draft for tennessee. managed to get the two most overrated players in the draft in the first two rounds.

Speaking of which, how'd your mock end up compared to what went down??

MorKnolle said:
In the same way that Michael Vick was supposed to redefine the position, without the elite NFL speed and a weaker but probably little more accurate arm. McNair is not going to be on their roster at the start of this season, they can't afford to keep him and he's not about to renegotiate after this mess they've put him thru. I don't see Vince getting any PT this year unless Volek gets hurt or they really suck and figure they have nothing to lose at the end of the year, maybe Bud will demand that he gets to play when the Titans come here just to spite the local fans, then Mario can break him in half and put Bud's major investment back on the sideline with a series of injuries.

Interesting opinion........... however...... although I believe they want to bring Vince around slowly........ I don't think they'll do the 2 year program they went with with Mcnair........ I don't believe they are going to shoot for a 2-14 season next year, but I expect to see a lot of Vince.

They won't be blowing teams out, so the only time Vince will see the field, is when they are down by 3 scores in the forth. If he can move the ball in garbage time(more than likely it'll have to be two or more games) he may very well be the starter on that team, in 2005........ and they may win 4 games with Vince as the QB.

Did anyone notice, that Vince Young was the only player selected in the top 10, were after he was drafted, they showed highlights of his weak spots?? they showed all the questions.

Some of the bad decisions he made....

right after he was selected......... I swear these talking heads are taking this hard.....

thunderkyss said:
Did anyone notice, that Vince Young was the only player selected in the top 10, were after he was drafted, they showed highlights of his weak spots?? they showed all the questions.

Some of the bad decisions he made....

right after he was selected......... I swear these talking heads are taking this hard.....

I noticed that as well. Everyone in the top ten got their day in the sunshine except Young. I guess an NFL franchise showed more faith in the low Wonderlich, terrible release, questionable management, one read system at UT, and not wearing a suit to see the president at the White House(Did I forget something?)than the more "NFL Ready" QB's in Leinart and Cutler. Boy did I laugh! Karma is a MF'er!

TwinSisters said:
O.K.

But I still think UT needs a little reformation in their speech and communications departments.

This is why people didn't want Vince, 'cause he doesn't speak exactly the same way they do; asinine...

TreWardTxn said:
This is why people didn't want Vince, 'cause he doesn't speak exactly the same way they do; asinine...

I don't think his dialect had much of anything to do with people not wanting him. Most of the local populus wanted Vincent Young... I am going to go out on a limb and say a good portion of his support base is going to follow him where ever he goes ( until he fails, if he fails, as sure as he will stumble ).

People want to be on the side that's winning... if he wasn't winning, he would have as many pundits as Brian Bosworth has now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN25_Biggest_Flops

EDIT:
Just as a friendly reminder: Huff is from UT and articulate and <insert everything that Vince Young is> and a child of the sacred soils.

Here's a little story from the backwoods ( I learned it from the very same pastures that Eric Dickerson ran on )

You cannot be sure of too many things in life, but of one you certainly can. If you come across a turtle sitting on top of a fence post, you can be certain that it didn't get there by itself.

O' where then is the great following in Austin for the Raiders? Where are the throngs of support for the captain of the defense? Where were the cries for filling a hole on the defense with a Longhorn? Surely the Texans needed help on the defense? Why then did you not cry to trade down and snag Huff?

An expert on many things I am not, but I am Texan. This by de facto makes me an expert on cows and pecans. I can tell you with expert opinion, that when you lift the tail of any cow you will find one thing in common. This is true of even sacred ones. Longhorns moo and if you shake a tree in Austin, nuts will follow just as they do in Houston.

trublu said:
I think it's best VY went to Tennessee. Let them groom him for the next 4-5 years and then we pick him up when he is a free agent. You know he would love to come back home.

If he gets to be a FA then he' have bombed in Nashville. If he lives up to his full potential then he'll get a Peyton Manning style extension.

thunderkyss said:
Speaking of which, how'd your mock end up compared to what went down??
pretty bad, but better than a lot of experts. :redtowel:

some of my predictions were dead-on (raiders don't want a QB, browns want wimbley, ravens want ngata, bears like hester...), but for the most part...meh, foiled by the NFL GM's again!

gwallaia said:
Vince is now the enemy.

yep, there is no doubt about that. :howdy:

Vince will be a player that I treat like the Oiler players that ended up Titans. Hope the best for the individual, but the absolute worst for the team.

The only way I would root for the Titans in the Superbowl (and I always root for the AFC team) is if they are playing the Cowboys. Then again, a Superbowl like that would be my worst football nightmare come true, so I might be fishing that day. :fishing:

I'll always root for Vince to do well.

He got my beloved Horns the national championship; carried that team on his shoulders.

I even saw him give a "Hook em" sign at the draft Saturday.

He's a good kid that just has winner written all over him. Pro Vince here!

Double Barrel said:
yep, there is no doubt about that. :howdy:

Vince will be a player that I treat like the Oiler players that ended up Titans. Hope the best for the individual, but the absolute worst for the team.

The only way I would root for the Titans in the Superbowl (and I always root for the AFC team) is if they are playing the Cowboys. Then again, a Superbowl like that would be my worst football nightmare come true, so I might be fishing that day. :fishing:

I don't want Vince to die or suffer a career ending injury or any such ill will as that, but frankly I hope we destroy him and his team from here on out.

P.S. I hate the Longhorns. :stirpot:

Grid said:
the Titans future is up in the air. Young and White are both big risk picks..with big possible rewards.

They will either become a powerhouse in the league again because of this draft.. or be set back alot further because of it.

Vince is not a risk, he is a proven winner at every level he has played at. LenDale also proved that he is more valuable than Reggie (watch the Rose Bowl again). So get off of Reggie's jock, because he is just as big a risk as both Vince and LenDale. The Texans and Titans will be battling for AFC supremacy very soon!

jerek said:
I don't want Vince to die or suffer a career ending injury or any such ill will as that, but frankly I hope we destroy him and his team from here on out.

I love the Texans, but Vince will dominate us. He will see the Texans the same way he saw USC, chasing him. Vince will play us with a chip on his shoulder every time he plays us. It is too bad that people don't form their own opinions and just go with what everyone is saying.

Go Texans, Go Vince!

jerek said:
I don't want Vince to die or suffer a career ending injury

I wouldn't want Vince to die either.

jerek said:
but frankly I hope we destroy him and his team from here on out.

YES. On both statements.

And since my good friend is a Titan fan (formerly Oilers, but they moved, so he followed), the smack talk has become VERY interesting this year. (Even though my friend has already begun his Young = next McNair and LenDale = next Eddie George comparisons)

mancunian said:
If he gets to be a FA then he' have bombed in Nashville. If he lives up to his full potential then he'll get a Peyton Manning style extension.

He would have to accept that extension.

Back