Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Congrats to the Hamburglar!

YellerLotYeller

nice marmot
Just wanted to give props to everyones 2nd favorite Texan "punching bag."

Ron Dayne had 122 yards and a TD on 21 carries. That 15 yard TD run was very impressive for the big guy....he actually made some nice cuts. It's good to see him picking up the slack for Ahh Man "I'm hurt again" Green.

Now go eat a few cheeseburgers and get ready for the Aint's!

Ron Dayne had 122 yards and a TD on 21 carries. That 15 yard TD run was very impressive for the big guy....he actually made some nice cuts. It's good to see him picking up the slack for Ahh Man "I'm hurt again" Green.

It was classic! I found myself yelling for the fat bastige as if I could make him go faster by sheer force of will!

He did look good yesterday . I just hope the coaching staff doesn't read too much into it . He is still Ron "2 yard gain" Dayne .

Hey, no reason to hate on Ahman Green.

Dude is playing with a bruised knee bone. Basically, this is the same injury that ended Domanick Davis Williams career, and the sort that some with the Texans suggested that DD could play with if he could just realize that he would always have pain with it.

I am okay giving a player grief if they are slacking it. But nobody is suggesting that at all. Nobody knows how long that this sort of injury lasts or even what the best treatment for it is. But he's been trying to play on it even though he was hurt week 1.

Just saying.

RON DAYNE IS AWFUL. He's the worst running back i's ever seen. Oh man he's so fat and useless. Ron Dayne? Ron Lame. he'll never rush for a hundred yards in a game.

Hey, no reason to hate on Ahman Green.

Dude is playing with a bruised knee bone. Basically, this is the same injury that ended Domanick Davis Williams career, and the sort that some with the Texans suggested that DD could play with if he could just realize that he would always have pain with it.

I am okay giving a player grief if they are slacking it. But nobody is suggesting that at all. Nobody knows how long that this sort of injury lasts or even what the best treatment for it is. But he's been trying to play on it even though he was hurt week 1.

Just saying.

I appreciate what Green does for the team...when he's in the game. It just gets frustrating to see the best back this franchise has ever had always on the bench. I want to see him in there for all 4 quarters for the sake of the team and our running game. Our OL seems to preform better when they know he's back there. Let's hope the bye-week gives him some time to rest and heal up a bit.

I appreciate what Green does for the team...when he's in the game. It just gets frustrating to see the best back this franchise has ever had always on the bench. I want to see him in there for all 4 quarters for the sake of the team and our running game. Our OL seems to preform better when they know he's back there. Let's hope the bye-week gives him some time to rest and heal up a bit.

Maybe when people start measuring phrases like that with production on the field instead of some speculation, it'll be less frustrating.

The Dayne Train was at full speed yesterday!

Lets get this thing started and lets all hop on the Dayne Train for the Aints.

It's not about hating on Ahman Green. It's about the reality of the situation which is, unfortunately that he can't stay on the field and that he's pulling down a 3.7 yard average when he does get out there. Ron Dayne is not going to blow up on too many teams but seriously, he's averaging 3.5 a carry.

When the season is over and their stats are within a hairs breadth of one another all that will matter is that we spent 8 million bucks on an older guy who couldn't stay healthy when we had one on the team already who could do what Green did for less money.

It's not about hating on Ahman Green. It's about the reality of the situation which is, unfortunately that he can't stay on the field and that he's pulling down a 3.7 yard average when he does get out there. Ron Dayne is not going to blow up on too many teams but seriously, he's averaging 3.5 a carry.

When the season is over and their stats are within a hairs breadth of one another all that will matter is that we spent 8 million bucks on an older guy who couldn't stay healthy when we had one on the team already who could do what Green did for less money.

He got injured game 1. He's tried to play through something that is not easy to try to play through. Not an age thing though or something related to what he went through two years ago (as far as we have been told).

Should we come up with "I'm hurt again" nicknames for Andre Johnson who has been completely out since game 2? Charles Spencer?

Sometimes you make choices and they work. And sometimes if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all.

He got injured game 1. He's tried to play through something that is not easy to try to play through. Not an age thing though or something related to what he went through two years ago (as far as we have been told).

Should we come up with "I'm hurt again" nicknames for Andre Johnson who has been completely out since game 2? Charles Spencer?

Sometimes you make choices and they work. And sometimes if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all.

Amen :toast2:

I'm not trying to dog him at all. I'm just saying that when it's all said and done it didn't work out (as you say, sometimes if it weren't for bad luck....) and in the end all that will be remembered about him here is that he spent more time on the sideline chewing on his mouth piece and watching Ron Dayne carry the ball than he did on the field. Many of us will remember the reason why this was the case and a lot of us won't.

Andre Johnson and Charles Spencer didn't come to the Texans in the twilight of their careers with people discussing the odds that they'd miss "x" number of games because they were old and easily banged up. Ahman Green did. Some of us questioned the wisdom of spending the money to bring in Mike Sherman's former star running back because we percieved him to have a high risk of "busting" for us. He has and I expect less from in 2008. Running backs don't get better with age.

The stats aren't in for this weekend's action yet, but before going into this weekend NO was 10th in the league against the run giving up an average of 96.9 yards a game.

Dayne isn't going to have another good day against NO.

Andre Johnson and Charles Spencer didn't come to the Texans in the twilight of their careers with people discussing the odds that they'd miss "x" number of games because they were old and easily banged up. Ahman Green did. Some of us questioned the wisdom of spending the money to bring in Mike Sherman's former star running back because we percieved him to have a high risk of "busting" for us. He has and I expect less from in 2008. Running backs don't get better with age.

Your points are well taken.

But it is worth mentioning that the injury he has is not a cumulative injury. He banged knees in Week 1. A knee bone bruise can happen to any player of any age.

That this hasn't worked out isn't a question of his age in the twilight of his career, but more a function of awful luck.

Even running on one leg, he ran the screen pass better than any player for the Texans this season. (also sad but true).

It is a sad situation, but I was mostly responding to the original post that referred to him as "Ahh Man "I'm hurt again" Green." I'm not going to gloss a guy with a nickname who is working hard and trying to help win games by playing through pain.

The offseason shopping list is for a back that suits the system. A downhill running, no negative yard back who can also block.

If Green's hurt let him take a week or two off and then bring him back so we don't have another Spencer or DD.

Rip him for backing out of a game but when he comes back and runs for 100+ the next week you'll all know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunatly these fantasies dont happen in the NFL and this doesn't happen unless you have a bye (thank god)

I'm with Hervoyel on this one.

This is not hating on Green. Anyone here realllly gonna' be honest and say they didn't see this coming? I saw it coming.

Fans were hoping and wishing upon a lucky star if they thought Green was going to make it deep into the season. We don't need to be fake fans and act like "Eh, it's OK...it's no big deal." That's being fairly shallow, IMO, to try and be a big person about this.

Yes, it's not Green's fault. It's Texans management's fault. They rolled the dice on a guy who is injury-prone. Even the Packers fans were griping about this guy: "Green. Where's he at? On the sideline again. As usual."

Fans do a pretty good job of keeping things on the level when their team tries to trot out a pig with lipstick on it. And for some reason, this team's fans have been overly trusting since its inception. We slurped up Boselli, David Carr, Capers' promise to "execute" better next week, Babin, Moulds, and now Ahman Green.

So you'll have to forgive some of us if we (A) Are less trusting of future "big" moves (especially on a RB), and (B) if we criticize said RB more than usual.

Some things are just insane: Detroit's drafting a WR every year in the first round, the Cardinals being picked as the sleeper team every year, and the Texans inability to find a good running back ANYWHERE.

Dayne's Oakland game, just as his Colts game, came against very very very bad run defenses. Period. I get so tired of some fans being pacified, basically, because Ron breaks out a 100-yard game once a year for us...when other teams have 100-yard rushers EVERY game.

When does this insanity stop? When do we finally get a franchise RB?

If Green's hurt let him take a week or two off and then bring him back so we don't have another Spencer or DD.

Rip him for backing out of a game but when he comes back and runs for 100+ the next week you'll all know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunatly these fantasies dont happen in the NFL and this doesn't happen unless you have a bye (thank god)

He is likely going to be hurt all season with the nature of his injury. It's been something I've discussed since September.

People can say "I told you so" all you want about Green and injury, but the nature of his injury as it has been disclosed is not an age injury. It is related to a particular event...

like AJ busting his knee, or Spencer getting run into by Dayne, or Robinson getting his leg blowed up. It wasn't as instaneous of an injury as those players, but it is something serious, and something he has tried to play through and will himself through.

I think the people saying versions of I told y'all so are missing the point of what I was saying. I just think that a player who is trying to gut it out through injury, and is working his hardest for the team shouldn't be mocked. Minor point about tone.

I am not saying the Texans shouldn't be looking for better options at running back, or the Green choice was great as certainly his injury is giving him a suck season. But you can make the best choices in the world, and a player can have no history of injuries at all, and through bad injury luck, it can all go bad. See e.g. B. Joppru.

Green was a caculated risk, signed to mentor Chris Taylor. seemed like a decent plan @ the time but then who expected the Texans would lose Chris Taylor before the season to a freak injury? oh yeah I forgot y'all called that one too :shades:

the only thing this suggests is that the Texans are snake bit when it comes to the injury bug. Spencers broken Tibia was the worst thing I've seen until this weeked with Dunta's twisted body parts laying on the field in Oakland. its just been a bad, bad run on key position players, if anything because they are trying too hard & exposing their bodies in ways that enable more injurys.

there is no question the bigger point & a need that has yet to be adequately addressed is a TD playmaker someone who can put the Texans over the top in this case on the ground in the red zone. I'm afraid its gonna cost the Texans alot more than Green (1st rd. pick) but that day will hopefully come & in some small way will be attributed to Ahman like it or not thats football.

Your points are well taken.

But it is worth mentioning that the injury he has is not a cumulative injury. He banged knees in Week 1. A knee bone bruise can happen to any player of any age.

That this hasn't worked out isn't a question of his age in the twilight of his career, but more a function of awful luck.

Even running on one leg, he ran the screen pass better than any player for the Texans this season. (also sad but true).

It is a sad situation, but I was mostly responding to the original post that referred to him as "Ahh Man "I'm hurt again" Green." I'm not going to gloss a guy with a nickname who is working hard and trying to help win games by playing through pain.

The offseason shopping list is for a back that suits the system. A downhill running, no negative yard back who can also block.

The success of the screen pass had more to do with Flanny actually making his block. Imagine that, the first time he makes his block on a screen and it goes for a big gain. Possibly a TD if a young and aggressive RB had the ball.:cool:

Sorry, back on topic. I still don't want to see Dayne on this roster next year. :devilpig:

cheers to not having Dayne back next year but he is the only guy that is consistantly ready to play.

if we do bring in a RB during the offseason I just hope the front office has learned from their mistakes. Turner or draft J. Stewart please.

If you block some holes for the big guy he can surprise you. He's kind of a poor man's Jerome Bettis.

Green was a caculated risk, signed to mentor Chris Taylor. seemed like a decent plan @ the time but then who expected the Texans would lose Chris Taylor before the season to a freak injury? oh yeah I forgot y'all called that one too :shades:

the only thing this suggests is that the Texans are snake bit when it comes to the injury bug. Spencers broken Tibia was the worst thing I've seen until this weeked with Dunta's twisted body parts laying on the field in Oakland. its just been a bad, bad run on key position players, if anything because they are trying too hard & exposing their bodies in ways that enable more injurys.

Exactly. Injuries have been our downfall.... starting with a certain franchise LT who never played a down as a Texan. Tony Boselli. I wonder what we could have done with him anchoring down the blindside.

Back