Congrats to Dungy, Manning, and the Colts

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gtexan02, Jan 21, 2007.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

As a Texans fan, I always root against AFC South teams. However, once we are mathematically eliminated, I like to pull for the Colts. I like to see Manning succeed because he seems like such a talented player.

Anyways, congrats to Manning for staying in it even after being down 18 points early.

And congrats to Dungy, who I guess becomes the 2nd(?) african american coach to coach a team into the superbowl.

2. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Ditto.

For one thing, we've never made the playoffs. But, one thing this particular division has in common is that the teams tend to choke under the pressure.

Colts w/ Mannings stellar, record-breaking seasons ended up choking n the playoffs the past couple of years.

Titans/Oilers - 1 yard kept them from winning the Superbowl. The heartbreak losses when the Oilers were here - no need to go there.

Jaguars - made it to the AFC Championship 2nd season and lost. Eliminated last season and this one.

US - well, we all know the deal. Lost alot of close games and even blew a couple of leads.

Anyway, congrats to the Colts.

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I agree. I don't like the Titans or the Jags, but I do like the Colts. I like Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy and am glad they finally have a chance to win a championship.

4. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Agreed. It's a good day for our division. I too, am very happy for the Colts. They worked hard for this win. Hopefully, they'll spank da bears. I am confident that they can do it.

5. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

just think, in two weeks well be able to say we beat the team that won the super bowl...hopefully:marionaner:

6. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Congrats to the Colts, and esp to Tony Dungy, one of the most humble and respected coaches in the NFL. His smile after the game warmed my heart to the core! Even though I've been pulling for the UNDERDOG Qb (Grossman)during these playoffs, that has now ended. GOOOOO COLTS!!!!!!!!!

7. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to the Colts for representing the AFC South.

Go Bears.