Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"Confidence and Having Fun"

Koolaid Time

Drink Up!
The biggest difference I have noticed so far compared to last year is that in 2007 the Texans have confidence on both sides of the ball.

In 2006 the few times we had a lead David Carr reverted into the "playing not to lose mode" and seemed to be waiting for the wheels to fall off the wagon, which sooner or later happened.

Last year in some instances, giving up a "big play" seemed to cause the defense to give up hope of stopping the opponent.

Not anymore. The offense believes in Matt. If they have a loss on a play, they just go back to the huddle and continue to TRY. No quitting this year. I think the offense has more confidence in their leader this year. and it shows. Matt is 4x better than Carr on his leadership alone. Our offensive line plays much better because they have faith in their QB.

The Defense. They are having fun going out and knocking heads. They are swarming the offense. They are playing with emotion . They are not afraid to roll the dice. I like how the linemen stand a guy up and someone in the secondary or a linebacker comes in with a full head of steam and knocks the crap out of the runner. They didn't do that last year. Everyone is involved in the play this year.

Gone is the 2006 mentality of "playing for a check". I think a 10-6 season is within expectations.

Back