Compensation picks

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Paragon Blue, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

I just saw on NFL Network the the Texans received a compensation pick. When does this happen? Does this happen during the draft?idonno:

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

7th round, 251st pick

3. el toro

el toro All Pro

The compensatory picks occur at the end of the 3rd through 7th rounds this year. It's noteworthy for the Texans as the Jets were awarded a pick at the end of the 3rd round, which will bump the Texans' 4th round pick by one spot, as well as four picks awarded to various teams at the end of the 4th round, which will bump their 5th round pick by four spots, and five compensatory picks at the end of the 5th round which will bump their 6th rounder by five spots. There were seven picks awarded at the end of the 6th and fifteen awarded at the end of the 7th, of which the Texans received the now 43rd pick in the round, or #251 overall.

The Texans received their pick to fulfill a requirement under the CBA. (Note: The link below has all the info you could want on this matter).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341500

4. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

I got it Thanks!!

5. Big78

Big78 Veteran

I kneel in the pressence of greatness!!! Your knoledge strikes awe into all who look upon you. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: