"Come on home VINCE YOUNG. For we need you....BADLY!"

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by MONARCH, Mar 11, 2006.

1. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

Greetings great pals....

DAMN THE WUNDERLICK TEST! DROP-KICK THE TURNCOATS! NOOSE THE NAYSAYERS!

We are TEXANS.....and we are born BETTER THAN THIS! Yes. I am one of the veterans....for even when I worked in the Pennzoil Place building in downtown Houston during the height of the TEXANS conception...even as I was one of the very first to venture into the building lobby where the Texans had their first fan boutique, selling their very first red, white, and steelblue fan gear.......even as I grinned like a chesshier cat as I purchased and donned my very first REAL leather TEXANS jacket......I always felt that someday, somewhere, somehow something special was going to happen to the HOUSTON TEXANS.

COME FORTH LIKE A REAL TEXAN, AND PROFESS YOUR DOUBTS! I am happy to be the very first to step up to the plate. For no matter how happy I was as a brand new season ticket holder with visions of sugar plums dancing around my post Houston Oilers FANIAC head.......no matter how hard I had to constantly remind myself that this was indeed a brand new beginning for everyone involved....I JUST COULD NOT TRULY ADAPT TO DAVID CARR AS OUR FRANCHISE QB!

JUST WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS GUY? Four years of anticipation, four years of keeping our eyes on the prize, four years of constant faith, four years of sitting on the edge of my seat.....culminating to the point of not even wanting to post on this magnificent website on a consistent basis........UNTIL NOW!

COME HOME VINCE! For I knew it the very moment that I ventured into one of the neighborhoods surrounding Madison High School, and while I was visiting family, I noticed nearly everyone suddenly all abuzz with jubilant rhetoric regarding their newest gridiron prodigy. I graduated from Hamshire Fannett High School located just out of Beaumont, TX. This school has always been associated with a tradition of great football......"please believe me when I state that I for one know what it feels like when everyone is in a fever pitch regarding the next football game" so I knew that something special was going on at MHS. And then I traveled to one on their playoff games, and upon seeing Vince Young for the very first time as I sat there in that stadium, all I could think about was this guy performing as the quarterback wearing a Houston Texans uniform. SIMPLY MAGNIFICENT!

I have a sister that has an MBA from Texas A&M. As well as a sister that has an MBA from Baylor. So I can honestly state that I am indeed proud of them, as well as the institutions that they chose to receive their higher learning. But my heart of hearts has always been with the University of Texas.....so it was indeed an honor to follow Vince's career at THE UNIVERSITY!

THERE REALLY IS NO NEED FOR ME TO MAKE ANY STATEMENTS REGARDING VINCE YOUNG'S CAREER WHILE AT UT.......for whether we want to admit it or not, thanks to VY and his true grit, we Texans now all have an inckling on how good it feels to be NATIONAL GRIDIRON CHAMPIONS......

So I state with the utmost respect to all of the naysayers, as well as the fans that are constantly straddling the fence in regards to VY vs RB......WE RESPECT YOU! WE VALUE YOUR LOVE FOR YOUR TEAM! But please rest assured that there are legions of us....... and that throughout these four tumultous years,we've been waiting and waiting until we've tired and grown quiet.....all but for just a few soldiers......VINNY, AJ, and a few others......that is UNTIL NOW! I for one, used to be called Metropolitantexan. I have re-invented my moniker, and I am now ready to present a whole new attitude in regards to my team the HOUSTON TEXANS!

I do so with anticipation that the TEXANS FO have come to a stark realization that they have become truly blessed with an unheralded opportunity to become RECOMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE in regards to their fan base......for DRAFT DAY 2006 is closing upon us.........VINCE YOUNG is making his rounds, as preparation begins.......COME FORTH TEXANS, AND BRING HOME OUR NATIVE SON........for I have always had a good feeling about this......
    MONARCH

bigcarlos likes this.
  2. GanadoUHCoog

GanadoUHCoog Rookie

go away, just go away...

3. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Hate to burst your bubble but on the news tonite an interview with McNair was done.He was asked about Vince playing here in his hometown,his reply was "Although that would be a wonderful story,I think that people get caught up in it and most of the time that does not fair well for your football team."So i think it was a nice way of saying thanks but no thanks.

4. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

You still have seven weeks to get used to the fact that Vince will not be on our team, so I suggest you get a head start on that and get used to the prospect of seeing either Reggie Bush or Mario Williams in a Texans uniform. At this point I doubt Vince will even go to the Titans that we would play him twice a year, and he could fall out of the top 10 all together depending on what happens in free agency.

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Give him credit for at least putting a new glaze on the same stale donut. High entertainment value with just a touch of polish, if nothing else ...

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

7. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

As much as I would love to see Vince in a Texans uniform, the probability is slim and none.

Where were you a 2 months ago when the debate was really raging? I could have used you help! :boxing:

8. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i think carr has great potential, and although i in no way want to draft young unless he slips to the second (carr's our guy but if given the choice i'd take young any day) ... hell man that's a speech. forgot these guys dude, you get two cookies from me.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

At least a few players past and present have a higher opinion of Young than many of our regular posters do...
    link

link

link

leeched from the hairy scottsman....danka

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Jaworski's got a lot of opinions on Vince.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

apparetly he watched some film of him or something since he has changed his tune a bit. The comments I posted from Jaws were from quotes on Young this month (March).

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Maybe Jaws wasn't going to criticize Vince Young at an event that he was being honored at.

13. wags

wags Hall of Fame

I hope Vince ends up with the Saints because I would get to see my boy "spy" on Vick and Young for a quarter of the season. The best tackler meets the best juker.

14. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Kind of like McKinney was "pimping" Carr on his radio show...