Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Comcast-TWC to add NFL Network locally on June 19

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
Cable provider Comcast has picked June 19 as the date it puts its brand on Houston.
That's the day the name on bills will change from Time Warner Cable to Comcast, some price changes will take effect and 21 networks, including the NFL Network, will be added to the cable lineup.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/4808103.html
Finally the intro of NFL Network to the Houston market thru the local cable service provider.
I personally won't be seeing that because I'm converting to AT&Ts new entry, U-Verse, between now and that date.

I read that this morning and was happy to see the addition of the NFL channel. NOW, I'm just waiting to see what else they do before I decide to change or not. Roadrunner customers are ticked off, but, I use AOL. Not sure how the change will affect that, or digital phone service. Just have to wait and see what happens.

awesome...that's my surgery date....when I get out, that's the first channel I'm tuning into.

wait. which cable package will nfln be attached to? i glanced through the article in the business section, but i didn't find anything about htat.

I've had a degenerative hip condition for a while...loss of blood to the femoral head....its not round...shaped more like a brick now. very painful stuff....but hopefully after my bionics I'll be back to my old self....or close to it. I haven't been able to move well for a few years. I plan on being pretty active soon....got my fingers crossed.

I personally won't be seeing that because I'm converting to AT&Ts new entry, U-Verse, between now and that date.

Please let us know what you think about the U-Verse service after you get it. I do not know anyone who has it yet, but AT&T keeps sending me stuff in the mail about it.

Austin is too worried about keeping themselves weird to allow something petty like entering the 21st Century interfere.....

I'm happy, but I wish they had changed over before the draft. I'm watching the draft on the NFL Network next year.

Please let us know what you think about the U-Verse service after you get it. I do not know anyone who has it yet, but AT&T keeps sending me stuff in the mail about it.
I will let you know loud and clear.
My wife's daughter, who is an AT&T employee, has had the service for 'bout a month and so far so good. We are scheduled to get the installation a week from today at our home here in Clear Lake. I understand its not being offered throughout all parts of the city at this time.
We are getting the TV & internet combo with the "U400" option which will include 300 channels and the ability to record programming from 4 different stations simultaneously. And oh yea, finally the NFL Network. I was willing to wait on TWC for the NFL network, but they were totally unresponsive to my inquires about the date & availability of the service. Then I read it in the paper. Their customer relations service is practicaaly non-existant.

We've now had our AT&T U-Verse for about 3 weeks and we are very happy with the product. No, make that absolutely delighted !
We have something in excess of 300 chanels and the DVR function/feature is great. Even for the channels that don't have HD, the picture on our set seems superior to what we had with TWC. I'm told that AT&T has fiber optics
instead of copper which provides for the superior picture.
The DVR function/feature and its software are user-friendly, though I guess TWC offers a comparable feature.
No problems so far so apparently the installation was successful, but at some point we will need service for one thing or another so just have to wait and see how AT&T handles that ?

wait. which cable package will nfln be attached to? i glanced through the article in the business section, but i didn't find anything about htat.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did some google searching...

"The ruling would clear the way for Comcast to add NFL Network on its Sports Extra tier, which costs $4 per month. The NFL, however, plans to appeal."
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2007/05/court_ruling_could_clear_way_f.html

LAME
i don't want to pay extra for it. it's not like cable's cheap.

i did some google searching...

"The ruling would clear the way for Comcast to add NFL Network on its Sports Extra tier, which costs $4 per month. The NFL, however, plans to appeal."
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2007/05/court_ruling_could_clear_way_f.html

LAME
i don't want to pay extra for it. it's not like cable's cheap.

I pay for the sports tier already so that 4 bucks is just going to get me more programming now. The sports tier gives me all the fox sports stations from around the country, so during college footall season I am in heaven. I pretty much get every single televised game that Fox covers. From USC to NE Missouri Tech. Adding NFL Network to that is cool.

I pay for the sports tier already so that 4 bucks is just going to get me more programming now. The sports tier gives me all the fox sports stations from around the country, so during college footall season I am in heaven. I pretty much get every single televised game that Fox covers. From USC to NE Missouri Tech. Adding NFL Network to that is cool.
if you get the sports tier you'll also get goltv so you can watch la liga games you lucky guy.

Well, my buddy thinks we'll also get ESPN2 HD. Unfortunately, the stupid Comcast site won't provide info unless you type in an address in their service area. I mean really, could they be giving us any less info about the switch?

The high-definition channels being added are:

ESPN2 HD. High-def version of the sports and information channel. MHD. Music High Definition, which Tony Speller, senior vice president for Comcast's Houston region describes as "a combination MTV, VH1 and Country Music Television."
Versus/Golf HD. Two sports networks sharing the same channel number. Versus offers hockey, rodeo and other sports.
Starz HD. Movie channel available to Starz subscribers only.
Cinemax HD. Movie channel available to Cinemax subscribers only.
Comcast's HD offerings — 21 channels total — will be complemented by more than 100 hours of HD content available on Comcast's "video on demand" service, Spelling said.

"We're updating our VOD platform from a system that had roughly 1,000 hours of content to one that has 6,000 hours of content and 9,000 different programs," he said.

That programming will roll out gradually and should be available to all in the greater Houston market by year's end.

Fourteen non-HD channels also join the lineup. They are:

The Africa Channel. All-English channel celebrating Africa.
ESPN Deportes. Spanish-language sports channel.
Flix. Films from the '60s, '70s and '80s.
Fox Reality. New and off-network reality series from around the world.
GolTV. Soccer channel available in two different packages, one in English, one in Spanish.
Gospel Music Channel. Gospel music 24/7.
ImaginAsian TV. Movies, animé, sports and music.
Indieplex. Commercial-free independent and art-house movies.
MTV Tr3s. Lifestyle and music channel aimed at Latinos.
Logo. Original series, films and documentaries focused on gays, lesbians and transgenders.
MoviePlex. An affiliate of the Encore movie channels, this one runs movies of a different theme (crime, Western, etc.) every day.
NFL Network. 24/7 football channel offering multiple games during the season.
PBS Kids Sprout. Aimed at preschoolers ages 2 to 5.
Retroplex. Commercial-free classic movies from the '50s, '60s and '70s.
Comcast will introduce a new tiering system that has several notable upgrades or improvements.

The new "Basic Service" tier includes all local channels (and their HD signals) as well as Chicago "superstation" WGN, Tube Music (affiliated with Channel 39), and Spanish-language channels LATV (affiliated with Channel 2) and V-me (affiliated with Channel 8). Price: $16.42.

An "Expanded Basic" tier adds 55 channels to the "Basic" tier, including eight HD channels. Price: $44.99.

"Digital Basic" is for customers who want the first two tiers plus access to video on demand, including MoviePlex. Price: $51.99.

Niche channels such as ESPN News, Current TV, Gospel Music Channel and Toon Disney are on the "Digital Classic" tier. Price: $55.99.

"Digital Preferred" adds Logo, Indieplex, Sundance, four Encore channels and more. Price: $56.99.

A sports pack, which includes the NFL Network, goes for an additional $4, while a 15-channel Spanish-language package can be added for $5 more. Premium movie packages and international channels are also available. HDNet pack, offering Mark Cuban's HDNet and HDNet Movies, can be had for another $3.

A package that includes everything except the international channels is available for $86.99, which matches the current price for a similar offering on Time Warner.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4883763.html

Tomorrow's the day, I haven't gotten squat in the mail. Will we have to swap equipment?

Will I have ESPN and ESPN2 HD for free tomorrow?! :)

I'd guess if you look tomorrow that ESPN 2 HD will be on channel 293 or so. I am guessing the NFL network will show up from 101 -116 somewhere?

And its about dang time.

Sweeeeeeeet. Despite being sick as a dog, it was nice waking up with ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD. Now I just need to buy NFl network :)

You get like 3 or 4 Fox Sports networks, NBA, Speed, that CBA (or whatever) channel which is good for college football games. ESPN news comes with yer $4 too I believe.

I called in on the day of the switch over to compair what I had with Time Warner to the same package with Comcast. Just wanted to be able to see how much it would cost me extra to keep what I had and add the sports package and get NFL Network. I ended up saving $11.00 after I added the sports package.:splits:

I was looking at the guide last night and Sunday morning through the afternoon they are showing some of the best games from last season. I think it is like 4 or 5 games back to back. These are an hour and a half version of the games, so it should be pretty good.

I was looking at the guide last night and Sunday morning through the afternoon they are showing some of the best games from last season. I think it is like 4 or 5 games back to back. These are an hour and a half version of the games, so it should be pretty good.

Are ya'll saying it only costs $4.00 a month to get the NFL network or do you have to buy the sports tier to get it. I can't afford much more, my cable bill is almost out of control as it is.

Dante upgraded our box and added NFL Network today. We didn't add HD when we moved, but he was missing it.

He said that watched MHD all day long. And now he's watching Speed Channel. I'm never getting my TV back. *cries*

Dante upgraded our box and added NFL Network today. We didn't add HD when we moved, but he was missing it.

He said that watched MHD all day long. And now he's watching Speed Channel. I'm never getting my TV back. *cries*

You are woman hear you roar. It is do as I say or sleep on the couch and hope to god your couch scuks.

yup. comcast totally hooked up the HD viewer. lots of channels and MHD totally rocks. basically as long as I didn't lose HD Discovery Channel, I was gonna be happy. Planet Earth is the greatest television show in the history of mankind.

here is a little tip. there is 'stealth' 6 months free HBO no-obligation offer going on right now. you can't cancel HBO and then get it free, but if you don't have it you can get it for free for 6 months without obligation. You merely have to call up and cancel it at the end of the 6 months. HBO On Demand is just awesome and free and allows you to catch up on this last season of Sopranos and check out cool new shows like Flight of the Conchords.

the $4 charge for NFL Network and some sports junk (speed, etc.) wasn't that bad and just wait for the season to start. NFL Network is a fan's best friend. The offseason stuff is pretty good but their in-season coverage is without equal.

Glad you all have had success with the change over. I woke up to my pc being completely screwed, my phone won't ring, and I get basic local channels on my TV. Since June 19th my daughter, or I, have spent countless hours trying to get my computer malfunctions corrected, to no avail. I realize change can be tough, and frustrating. BUT, right now, I am tired, angry, frustrated, and sick of the entire mess. I HATE Time Warner, Comcast, AOL, etc, etc, etc. I need a STIFF drink and Texan friends!!! To top it all off, I have to spend my weekend at the hellhole!! Come on now, everyone say "POOR SHETEXAN!!!" lol

Seriously, I will be at the door of Comcast bright and early Monday morning. Hopefully, when I get all the problems worked out, I will be as happy wth the change as all of you.

Glad you all have had success with the change over. I woke up to my pc being completely screwed, my phone won't ring, and I get basic local channels on my TV. Since June 19th my daughter, or I, have spent countless hours trying to get my computer malfunctions corrected, to no avail. I realize change can be tough, and frustrating. BUT, right now, I am tired, angry, frustrated, and sick of the entire mess. I HATE Time Warner, Comcast, AOL, etc, etc, etc. I need a STIFF drink and Texan friends!!! To top it all off, I have to spend my weekend at the hellhole!! Come on now, everyone say "POOR SHETEXAN!!!" lol

Seriously, I will be at the door of Comcast bright and early Monday morning. Hopefully, when I get all the problems worked out, I will be as happy wth the change as all of you.

fwiw - if you run any windows operating system (other than millenium/ME) I would be more than happy to try and give you some 'pro bono' tech support remotely and identify your problem. once identified, problems are pretty easily rectified nowadays. PM me if you have any questions or need an answer on something.

Our new HD-DVR box blows. Big time. The signal totally sucks on all of the HD channels and many of our regular digital channels. They have unsuccessfully re-sent the signal a few times.

We have to get someone out to the house, which is a total pain in the booty. Oh well.

I have to have a tech out to the house too. I upgraded to the sports package with the NFL network and picked up a new box the next day for the computer room, but in the computer room I still am not picking up the NFL Network. I am getting it in the living room so they say they have to check the connection in the house. It's a bummer, but the space man is supossed to be here between 2 and 5 tomorrow.

Back