Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Colvin has been released

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by austins23, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Normality is only important to normal people, and fanatical sports fans aren't normal people. I know this from experience. LOL

ROO, CWTexansFan, frethack and 2 others like this.
  2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

The team ain't the reason they are leaving... after all, they stuck thru 2005 and 2013

3. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

Exactly, every single thread devolves into this as if people think if they tie every bad or good thing to Bill O'Brien it will determine if Cal keeps or fires him. Like I said this has become as bad as political forums and I stay out of political forums for that very reason. Frankly its got to the point that if you just switch a few words around and don't mention names you wouldn't know if people are talking about BoB or Trump.

4. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

That's what gets to me... it's the same old regurgitated crap EVERY DAMN THREAD

5. maverick512000

Team has jack **** to do with it. People aren't leaving the Texans they are tired of Texans talk because this is the most negative fan base I have ever seen of any sport. You can blame that on Bill O'Brien if you want but other teams have bad HC and bad front offices and they don't put down their team in every post. Hell the Miami, Washington and Detroit fans are more hopeful about their teams than we are.

6. Max

Max Hall of Fame

I'm hopeful. We're going to end up in a super bowl w/ Watson and I plan on enjoying the trip.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  7. maverick512000

Its not about disagreeing any more. People can disagree and still find common ground but this has become the hill that people have chosen to die on. BoB will be fired some day, that's a given, Bum Phillips said it best "There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired." Even BB was fired but when BoB is fired do I expect people to come here and talk about who our new HC is or will be, no. I expect many to come here and start crowing about it, throwing insults at those they see as OB nuthuggers and basically acting like asses as though anything the Texans do actually matters in our day to day lives.

TexansBull, Mr teX and JB like this.
  8. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Lol, I've had several disagreements over the years with several long time posters of this MB...Texecutioner, DB, Steelb, 76T..Rey/xtruroyalty, I-cak just to name a few. Its the numbskull takes, ridiculous level of agenda driving coupled with the uptick in dumbassery & decrease in any semblance of rational thought that's gone off the far end. A quality poster in CNND being run off by a ******* troll is a prime example of this. You who have been here since 2006 should know very well how the quality of posting has gone down since then.

9. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Lol...exhibit A

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Sad part to me is how this reflects poorly on Brian Gaine because Colvin was one of his big early signings. Then I reflect on those who supplied him scouting data and recommended Aaron Colvin and that would be Rob Kisiel, who had Casserly connections early on as Texans set-up franchise. Might be the nicest man in the world and pillar in his community but Cal needs to drill down further to Gaine better results. No Scout in their right mind could project and offer a contract to a guy who lacks athletic ability and speed to play in the slot. He is also undersized and injury prone, well we all know that now but how you can't evaluate talent any better than that, means your in the wrong business. The clusterfk of moves and talent evaluations is simply astounding to say the least. The guy they picked up, Phillip Gaines is much bigger but lacks speed and would be liability in slot or even press, only a zone corner and aren't we all sick of zone coverage and soft cushions? Can't we focus on pure press corners, which Bouye was, I'm absolutely mystified and feel this whole scouting department needs to be gutted.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. otisbean

otisbean Hall of Fame

I’m not excited by the Gaines signing but to say he lacks speed isn’t right. He ran a 4.38 at the combine. Now, if you said he lacks talent I’d have no issue or rebuttal

CWTexansFan likes this.
  12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator Staff Member

In no way am I apologizing for the signing of Colvin. I had questions about Colvin regarding his zero career INTs. They were dismissed by the bulk of the forum, which was pretty happy with the signing.

But, I'm pretty sure Colvin had other offers besides the Texans. He was the starting nickel CB for Jacksonville, who were cap strapped. Had Colvin been cheaper, they probably would have kept him. The real issue is they gave Colvin starting CB $$$ and thought he could play outside. Then, they found out he couldn't play anywhere in RAC's scheme. The scouts, coaches, and GM should have known this. They missed and not for the first time. Likely, not the last. Like the draft, free agency is not foolproof. My biggest complaint would be, why didn't they cut bait sooner?

13. frethack

frethack All Pro

I was happy with the Colvin signing, and may have been one of the posters that tried to rationalize his low interception numbers. My apologies, Sir.

Geologists do not make great NFL scouts.

14. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

CWTexansFan likes this.
  15. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

It's exactly like Groundhog's Day because it's been the same for 5 years.

santo likes this.
  16. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

You are so right about us being negative. I am guilty. We need to be more positive about this team. Especially with a franchise QB like Watson.

17. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

OBrien controls just about every aspect of the organization and runs almost every aspect (badly imo).

It's hard not to talk about him. It's become a national story and goes viral when he does something crazy.

I mean the only reason we have this thread is because he cut colvin in a rage.

18. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

You're just like the energizer bunny

CWTexansFan, Max and Texas Jake like this.
  19. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Honestly I'd rather talk about what the GM and the OC are doing but that's OBrien too lol

santo likes this.
  20. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Except the thread is about Colvin and the defense