Colts/titans Collusion Conspiracy???

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jan 3, 2008.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Browns and their fans are evidently fuming and, if indeed it's true, I can't much blame them.

2. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Collusion has nothing to do with this VY just Broke the Colts in to submission.:doot:

3. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

My gut feeling is that there was no collusion between the teams, but I think Dungy wasn't too concerned with winning because he preferred the tacks in the playoffs instead of the Browns...
    Yeah, I know that the tacks have played well against the Colts for the last few years, but while watching the Colts/tacks game, I got the feeling that Dungy was playing it to get the tacks in instead of the Browns...
    Of course, it's all speculation on my part, but that was my gut feeling at the time.

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Hey Browns .... beat the Bengals and none of this matters .

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I agree. I think it's crappy in the current system a team's playoff chances may hinge on scrubs and apathetic coaching.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This is just anoter case of Dungy's self rightousness. Dungy is a PHONY. This messes with the integrity of the more thn SPY-GATE could possibly do. Check out Dungy's quotes about SPYGATE.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

if it were the colts with the lead, they would have thrown a bomb against us :stirpot:

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

The Browns have no one but themselves to blame. They controlled their destiny to the playoffs and lost. When you have to rely on another team losing to a team that has nothing to play for then you risk things like this happening.

9. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Lets see - if they run one more run play there is a possibility of someone getting hurt in a game that is A.)meaningless to Colts (and their backups) and B.)already decided.

What reason would Dungy have to call a timeout?

Browns blew it by letting backup players for the Colts decide their playoff future.

My 2 cents...

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

SO TRUE

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

exactly...browns take care of business then no "conspiracy"

12. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

It is an interesting take, but I don't buy it. What's pathetic is the Titans got to play Indy's 3rd stringers to make the playoffs........while both New York and New England played starters the whole game and were basically in the same position. To me it's more about the integrity of the game than anything and Indy showed they don't care about that. The Pats and Giants showed integrity.

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

That's not stirring the pot.... That's FACT!

I wont read too much into this. Dungy probably just gestured to Fisher that he had no intentions of calling a timeout. Afterall, why would he?? Running another play in that circumstance would only increase the possibility of an injury for either team. There was absolutely nothing to be gained.

14. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Probably a match against egos.

One team wanted to go undefeated, the other, to be the ones that denied them.

With that said, why do you put all of your players at risk for injury when they are both in the playoffs?

Cleveland has to man up and accept they didn't make it to the playoffs because of their own fault, not Indianapolis'.

15. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Probably, and I understand the injury implications as well, but I believe in some momentum too. I bet Jax comes out flat against the Steelers and lose because of that. Just my take....

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

1. Fact Dungy let Manning bomb away all game against us
    2. Fact Dungy didn't let Manning do this against the TACKS
    3. Fact Dungy didn't use his last T.O. therefore didn't give his team a chance to win.
    4.Fact Dungy messed with the integity of the game
    5. Fact Anything Dungy saya about N.E. or Belicheck about messing with the integrity of the game is hypocrytical.
    6. Fact Dungy gets a pass from the press on this stuff because he's good old Tony
    7. The press is hypocritical ( Dungy vs Belicheck) (Bonds vs Clemens) & so on.

17. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

It seems to me that Dungy would not want the Titans in the playoffs. Nobody knows your team as well as your divisional opponents, and the Tits always play the Colts well.

I think Cleveland fans are just bitter that their team couldn't get over the hump. The AFC has been tough in that regard.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=91f32287-ab6e-4caa-a5fc-bd2679ae1eaa

this is kinda what suprises me.. yet, I understand they had nothing to play for and don't want to risk injury to any key players

against us
    I am not saying that the Colts should have taken it easy on us ,but like DB said.. Titans play Colts tough and to get them in the playoffs where they might possibly meet is dangerous... just one of those games where stats can be thrown out the window when it comes to Colts-Titans

19. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Yeah, but the Steelers played like crap in their last game. Where's their momentum coming from?

I once thought the Colts were classy. But after the pumped in crowd noise (I'm not buying the tape feed excuse), all of the whining Dungy gave the refs in week 16 (when he was getting so many favorable calls), and now this...no class.

20. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

It would have given the colts maybe 25 seconds to play and try to charge down the field. What would the point be. They needed a TD. Not like Sorgi had done anything at all in the game to show he could have gotten the team down the field. Add to that that all of the main WR core was on the bench. It would make no sense to call a TO and try to push it down the field. If the Colts had to win sure I might see it but it would have taken a miracle.