Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[CollegeFootballNews.com] Post Combine Mock Draft (2/25)

I liked him in the Senior Bowl practices, but as time goes on, I'm convinced we're going with a linebacker with the 15th pick.

I liked him in the Senior Bowl practices, but as time goes on, I'm convinced we're going with a linebacker with the 15th pick.

Well he fits the McClain profile that's for sure. I'm with you Mex Texan here's hoping there's a 3-4 team that likes him before the fifteen.

Does anyone besides me believe that a couple of these speed racers at WR are going to go fairly high now ? How do 20 teams pass on 4.3's ?

Last edited:
Well he fits the McClain profile that's for sure. I'm with you Mex Texan here's hoping there's a 3-4 team that likes him before the fifteen.

Does anyone besides me believe that a couple of these speed racers at WR are going to go fairly high now ? How do 20 teams pass on 4.3's ?

Yeah, I see at least 3 going in the 1st round...We know Al Davis loves speed and he needs a WR, though he needs an OT and Defensive help..Seattle needs a WR in the worst way and the pundits are predicting Crabtree to wind up there(even w/ the fracture in his foot). There's two in the top 10...

Tyson Jackson might play the run well but he's to big and slow to put any pressure on the QB, I agree he's a 3-4 DE. If the draft went this way I'd much rather have Michael Johnson, Vontae Davis, or Sean Smith.

WOuldn't put too much stock in the mocks...

Don't remember any that had us taking Duane Brown last year

I'm convinced we're going with a linebacker with the 15th pick.

I'm with you Mex Tex. The way it's going, I think it will be a LB that can rush the passer and drop in coverage. It drove me nuts last year seeing Mario or another DL drop back to cover. Of course maybe that will change with Bush calling the plays.

Tyson Jackson might play the run well but he's to big and slow to put any pressure on the QB, I agree he's a 3-4 DE. If the draft went this way I'd much rather have Michael Johnson, Vontae Davis, or Sean Smith.

That's what I think also. But McClain is insisting that is what they are going to do. Now they could do the same thing later with the Aggie or the USC end. Save the fifteen for a Line back....or with Dave Anderson apparently gone...God forbid a WR. But who really knows. Worst case scenario for me would be a Move back and taking Michael Johnson and then coming back later and selecting the Ag or the USC end.

Back