College Football is SUCH a farce

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Hookem Horns, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Let's just all sit around a TV and see if we're going to the Championship game! I feel like I'm watching a game show.

I can't support this joke of a "sport" anymore. Championships should be decided on the field not by the media. What a waste of what could be not only a legitimate sport but one of the best sporting events in America.

I'll be finding something else to do on Saturdays.

2. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

bye.

powerfuldragon likes this.
  3. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

See ya. [​IMG]

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He thinks he's the king of the 1 word, semi-insult posts.

I think he wants applause or rep or something...?

Personally, the "gameshow" thing gets on my nerves too. The bowl system is good, but something has to be done about the national champtionship...

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree, I'd rather hear about a show about the 1st round bowl matchups, key players on both teams matching up. and so on .. not what was seen today(I ended up turning it off anyway after the 1st 5 minutes) .

6. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

if ya want to stop following college football after one of the most exciting seasons ever, that's pretty hysterical.

7. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

well it was exciting until we remembered there's no playoff system to finish it off properly

now we're just left unsatisfied

rollinstone18 likes this.
  8. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

not me. and anyone else who enjoys college football.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

its just the NFL farm system anyway :cool:

rollinstone18 likes this.
  10. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

that about sums it up.

11. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I thought the Miami Dolphins were an NFL farm system.

12. TheDrifter

TheDrifter All Pro

Dont you usually stock farms with future talent?

I think that would disqualify them.

13. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

What's hysterical is that after all the excitement, they stick to the 1950s and keep letting people or devices other than football games decide a championship. That's why I prefer NCAA basketball - at least that champion IMO is undisputed. I'm sick of watching a team or two or three get screwed over because a bunch of old foggies refuse to implement a playoff system. Ohio St. got rewarded for not having a Big Ten playoff (maybe they would have won, but they did lose to Illinois in their own house so it's no lock) while Oklahoma, in a (much) tougher conference, beats the snot out of #1 Missouri and doesn't get a sniff? LSU over the Hokies? Oh yeah, no conference championship there so VA Tech gets screwed the same way OSU gets rewarded.

14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'm glad this season has ended like this because hopefully it will keep getting closer to a playoff. The system is a joke right now. Basically Georgia was #4 and dropped because they didn't even win their SEC division. Missouri gets shut out of a BCS game even though they had to play a conference championship game and Kansas got to sit, despite losing to Missouri...they go to one though. None of it makes any sense at all. Exciting regular season but you can do an easy 8 team playoff and not have any troubles. Heck, you could still have bowls and just make the bowls represent playoff rounds and then rotate it and it would work. Therea re just certain people who like their money and who will always try to keep the idea of a legit championship down.

15. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Except VT beat Boston College in the Conference Championship game yesterday.

16. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

my bad...as soon as I posted I forgot bout that and meant to change it.

i suck

:(

17. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Yes one of the most exciting years ever blah blah blah and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong because everyone should agree with me blah blah blah.

Kas, you can post some really good things and then post something that says you have this huge ego and you think you are always right and everyone around you is wrong, unless they agree with you. I think Hookem is more done with the system not the actual games, but then again that would have actually taken effort to think what a true fan was feeling at the time of the post.

Honestly, it is a popularity contest or a you scratch my back I will scratch your back. I have seen where certain writers will not vote for any other school except ACC SEC or Big 10 or Big 12 or Pac-10 just because of where they cover. Coaches will do the same thing, they will vote for a member of their conferance before they will vote for someone from outside your conferance. If things like this happen how can you honestly say we are going to have a true national championship.

#6 beat #11 and #7 beat #14 yet #7 jumps over number #6 is a total joke.

Hawaii is another story, they play who they can, but no top scool wants to travel to hawaii so they lose out on a lot of big time schools because they refuse to just keep giving school the oppertunity to earn money off of them with nothing in return.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

*shrug* i like this season... entertaining.. edge-of-your-seat...

19. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

On top of that, Va Tech lost to LSU by 41 points.

If everybody wants to clamor for a playoff, then head to head matchups during the season should be honored.

LSU & Va Tech each have 2 losses, but LSU beat them. LSU should be ranked higher.

OU & Mizzou each have 2 losses, but OU beat Mizzou both times. OU should be ranked higher.

USC & Arizona St each have 2 losses, but USC beat ASU. USC should be ranked higher.

etc.

20. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Another good article.

College football's madness arrived late Saturday night when the absurd BCS "system" forced coaches to campaign for their teams like they were trying to win the Iowa caucus.

Nobody is playing better than OU, Georgia or USC right now. But it's Ohio State, with its puppy fur-soft nonconference schedule and so-so Big Ten quality, that was chosen for New Orleans. Interesting, since the Buckeyes didn't register a win against a top 20 team at the time they played.

This isn't meant as a total rip job on the Buckeyes and Tigers. They finished atop the BCS standings because they won and lost at the "right" times against the "right" teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...8383&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1