Cold Pizza

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Honch Delgado, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Honch Delgado

Honch Delgado Veteran

Just saw it. They had a reporter on who said we could part ways with Carr this offseason and bring in Jake Plummer.

2. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

I wouldn't put much stock into any rumors at this point. I doubt that the Texans front office even knows what it will do yet, let alone some reporters.

There have also been rumors about Manny getting traded out of Boston every year since he's been there, and that always ends up being a bunch of hot air. I'm not putting a lot of stock in rumors yet.

A rumor around Jake seems natural, because he and Kubes are tight.

3. joedinkle

joedinkle Veteran

JP is old. We are a young team, we need young and fresh players. Unless of course JP is willing to come in knowing he's just a temporary fix til' Coach gets his hand picked man behind center(Kolb??)

4. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

What JP gives us is the opportunity to draft something other than QB with our first pick next year without the fans revolting. Personally, I'd love for us to add Joe Thomas or Adrian Peterson.

The four most important positions on the offense are QB, RB, LT, and WR. To date, we have satisfactorily found one of these four. If we don't use our 1st to fill one of these three remaining needs, I might stop watching NFL games.

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I say keep Carr (or anyone from FA) and draft. Plumber isn't worth ANY picks. He's Carr part 2.

6. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Plummer, on this team, will not put up stats like he has on his best years. If anything, "The Mistake" part of his nickname would only become more commonplace. I don't care if we lose Carr, but I want no part of Plummer.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

At the very least, I think the Texans should bring in Jake Plummer to give some real competition to David Carr. Kubiak should open up spring drills or training camp and say "The QB race is wide open". It will be the first time Carr wasn't handed the QB position and I'd be interested to see how he does.

8. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

I'm not a fan of Plummer either....He's being ran out of Denver using the same system we are using here. . . What is going to be different here that wasn't in Denver?

9. bayshorebevo

bayshorebevo Veteran

We don't need any more Denver castoffs. If they don't want 'em why do we? Denver is always the first place Kubiak looks.

10. kfranco_utexas

kfranco_utexas Veteran

Agreed, the Texans do not need any more Broncos players.:hides:

11. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Makes sense. Plummer's been to the playoffs more than Carr has.

12. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Cutler 0-2 as starter. Plummer 7-4 as starter. I wouldnt be so sure about Plummer just yet. He has gone 12-4 and 13-3 the last two years if memory serves me. My problem with him is he is just too old. There are younger alternatives and frankly Sage could be one of them. We could then look for a true prospect in the 3rd or 4th round at QB. I think Kolb is an easy guess because of the local ties but the true QB prospects always come out the next month or so. The Senior Bowl, Hula, and the combines are where you can find diamonds in the rough sometimes....or workout warrior high draft pick busts ala Carr

13. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

If Carr became Jake Plummer's backup I would literally "LMAO".

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Going with Jake Plummer would be the same difference. Especially if you still have no line or running game.

The only way I go with Jake is if you get him to come down here cheap, draft Adrian Peterson or sign Michael Turner, get another standout OT and tell Plummer he is competing for the QB starting position.

All pretty unlikely to happen.

However Plummer did say on HBO that he never had problems like now while Kubiak was there in Denver.

15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Signed,

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Kyle Orton, and many other QBs who have ridden the coattails of solid teams.

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If you play .500 ball you have a shot at the playoffs.

signed,
    common knowledge

17. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

What's different? Denver has a much better O-line and better RB's. Jake might get "ran out" of Houston even faster! I'm no fan of Plummer either. To me he's just an older slower version of Carr which would equal disaster here! JMHO!

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Yeah, and? This team has never played .500 ball. I'm just pointing out that suggesting Plummer has been to the playoffs is somewhat of a joke, IMO. The Denver Broncos went to the playoffs and Plummer happened to be the QB for that team.

This isn't a commentary on Carr at all. I just don't see Plummer as an upgrade. They are both bad options.

19. johnboy

johnboy Rookie

I think he should open it up this week not in training camp.The Texans are not going any place this year see what the other guys can do.This has always been the problem never trying someone else at QB. Theres not alot of difference in 4 & 12 record or a 5 & 11.

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Vinny, honestly what do you think the team should do?