Coaches to Blame or Carr?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by AndreJ, Nov 27, 2004.

1. AndreJ

AndreJ All Pro

I'm not saying i think carr is to blame nor am i saying the coaches are. I just read this article on nfl.com and i thought it was very interesting since, everyone went to jumping on the coaches after our three game losing streak.

These are the stats that go along with this article:

Carr's 2004 -- First 7 GMs (4-3) -- Last 3 GMs (0-3)
    Comp % -- --- -- 66.0 -- --- -- 52.8
    QB Rating -- --- -- 99.7 -- --- -- 61.7
    TD/INT -- --- -- 9/5 -- --- -- 1/3

2. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

i think teams have just figured us out, we never adjust and it seems we try the same stuff over and over, its easy to see if ya look at films of our past games ! We just need to be more creative in the play calling !

3. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Let's hope Carr picks it up in the last six.

Whoever wrote that article and compared Carr to Feldman is a :loser . Feldman is more comparable to Ryan Leaf. :ninja:

4. TexansTrueFan

HAHA yeah your right about that ! :loser

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Try to find a link for me AndreJ

6. TexansTrueFan

i read it on NFL.com or espn.com !!! i cant find the link but i did see it as well !

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

That article is so funny, Carr isn't the one to blame. Has anyone noticed that when we were winning those games D.D. played a limited role and we used Wells more. Then recently in the games we lost thats when D.D's injury has supposely complety healed and he has taken a bigger role in our offense and has taken pretty much all of the carries. Do you see how after he said all those things about Carr, he says if the Texans want to be successfull the texans need to improve their rushing attack. Does the guy want Carr to start running around throwing blocks all over the feild. The only reasoning I can come up with for this aticle is that the national media likes to tear down athletes who are the face of a struggling team, especially if they are a #1 ovrl. pick qb. It's a win win situation for them. Lets say the player continues to struggle, then its "I told you so, hes a bust, this whole organization is in shambles" and with hindsight they start mentioning all the great players drafted after him. Now if the player succeeds and makes them shut their damn mouths (ala Drew Brees) it turns into a great story for them,"oh what great adversity this player has overcome." etc. etc. etc. and everone jumps on their bandwagon. while I just sit back and laugh remebering all of the ridicoulus things that were said or written like the peice above.

8. DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher Rookie

Carr is stll doing good but other teams need to be kept guessing about the playcall and mix up the running and passing game more.

9. AndreJ

AndreJ All Pro

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Thanks pards.